Savatage79

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

45 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I just don’t really see Bell wanting to go to Chicago honestly. Patriots, chiefs, bills, Seattle would be my front runners. Chargers as the dark horse. 

In Chicago he has a shot to be featured. I think the Chargers is the second best landing spot.

Just now, Spyplane said:

In Chicago he has a shot to be featured. I think the Chargers is the second best landing spot.

I like the chargers to snag him as well. Kelly looks unexciting. Jackson is just one guy. 

The delusion in this thread is furiously strong.  But these rumors create a sweet little sell high moment for you fantasy team managers who have Bell on their roster.

Here's how it works: player blows on the field and is a poop head off of it, plus is vastly overpayed.

Team gets tired of his antics and tries to trade him.  Not one single team in the entire NFL will give even a conditional 7th round pick for him.

Player is such a problem that team decided to cut him rather than have him in their building destroying team cohesion.  Player's salary is guaranteed, so they save not one dime and are, in fact, paying this player to stay away.

How does the agent handle this obvious setback?  By making up rumors that several teams (even the reigning champs!) are talking to the agent about signing the player.

Classic move to drum up interest and mitigate the disaster.  Antonio Brown's agent did exactly the same thing.  Now's your chance to deal him for a WR3.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

I like the chargers to snag him as well. Kelly looks unexciting. Jackson is just one guy. 

if he wants featured back work, then it's Bills or Chargers or Dolphins ... he steps in on all three with lion's share, imo.

and, speaking of lion's - Detroit? would MattyFatty dare? 🤔

39 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Why would the Chief's want him? You can't even use your rookie first round pick RB correctly, so you want to bring in another one? 

If they do, I really hope they get bounced their first playoff game. Defense is the issue - not the running back position. Bell won't help you win games. 

CEH is nothing special. It’s very apparent that a dynamic 3 down RB is the only piece of the puzzle missing in that offense. Bell can do every CEH can do plus he’s bigger, and will stay in on passing downs. This gives Bell one year to generate buzz for a contract next season and gives CEH someone to play behind while he learns. It’s perfect. 

Edited by Klientel
  • Thanks 1

I don't think he has as big of a market as what's being fed by his agent. He's clearly not as good as he was a couple of seasons ago and he's got a bad attitude. Only a few coaches would gamble on the possible disruption.

10 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The delusion in this thread is furiously strong.  But these rumors create a sweet little sell high moment for you fantasy team managers who have Bell on their roster.

Here's how it works: player blows on the field and is a poop head off of it, plus is vastly overpayed.

Team gets tired of his antics and tries to trade him.  Not one single team in the entire NFL will give even a conditional 7th round pick for him.

Player is such a problem that team decided to cut him rather than have him in their building destroying team cohesion.  Player's salary is guaranteed, so they save not one dime and are, in fact, paying this player to stay away.

How does the agent handle this obvious setback?  By making up rumors that several teams (even the reigning champs!) are talking to the agent about signing the player.

Classic move to drum up interest and mitigate the disaster.  Antonio Brown's agent did exactly the same thing.  Now's your chance to deal him for a WR3.

His contract wasn't fully guaranteed.

6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

hey, Sharky ... look, i think he's a major numb nutz, as well - total jagoff, no argument from me there. 

but if a team took him in a trade, even for a cotdamn kicking tee, they woulda been on the hook for the contract coin ... so the fact that they had no suitors on that front is not shocking at all - Jets prolly contacted a few (Chiefs were one, if that tweet i posted is to be given merit), and knew it was furile given the money peripherals, so the simply canned his azz toot sweet. 

jury is still out for me in regards to him even being 50% of what he once was - but i think you're going waayyy overboard here, good buddy. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

hey, Sharky ... look, i think he's a major numb nutz, as well - total jagoff, no argument from me there. 

but if a team took him in a trade, even for a cotdamn kicking tee, they woulda been on the hook for the contract coin ... so the fact that they had no suitors on that front is not shocking at all - Jets prolly contacted a few (Chiefs were one, if that tweet i posted is to be given merit), and knew it was furile given the money peripherals, so the simply canned his azz toot sweet. 

jury is still out for me in regards to him even being 50% of what he once was - but i think you're going waayyy overboard here, good buddy. 

It ends up that the Jets along with other teams were more afraid of an injury clause in 2020 that guaranteed 8M of his 2021 salary.

With that contract gone, and assuming he wants to play, some team will sign him to the minimum at least.

I think Bell will eliminate teams with bad QBs and offensive lines. He's experienced both ends of the spectrum first hand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

It ends up that the Jets along with other teams were more afraid of an injury clause in 2020 that guaranteed 8M of his 2021 salary.

With that contract gone, and assuming he wants to play, some team will sign him to the minimum at least.

yep ... and this is what i meant by saying the fact that they couldn't trade him is moot - it wasn't him or the trade bounty, but the contract. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Klientel said:

CEH is nothing special. It’s very apparent that a dynamic 3 down RB is the only piece of the puzzle missing in that offense. Bell can do every CEH can do plus he’s bigger, and will stay in on passing downs. This gives Bell one year to generate buzz for a contract next season and gives CEH someone to play behind while he learns. It’s perfect. 

I don't agree with this at all. CEH has looked above average. He got no run the last game and when he did, he got chunk yardage. Mahomes missed him on several throws. 

He has had no opportunities to shine at all. Bell being a goal line back? Sure, I can see that, seeing as how Reid refuses to use CEH there. But I don't see how a 28 year old Bell will deliver better than your promising rookie.

Sounds like wishful thinking for Bell owners who will be introduced to the Andy Reid RB dog pile that was 2019. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Bell to the Steelers or Chiefs makes too much sense.   The Jets are picking up the tab-  so why not go for a ring?  And he would get decent work with either.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Bell to the Steelers or Chiefs makes too much sense.   The Jets are picking up the tab-  so why not go for a ring?  And he would get decent work with either.  

After all the BS and drama with Bell, why would the Steelers want him back? Did we all forget how that entire situation went down? And Conner seems to have everyone's confidence. 

32 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You’re completely ignoring that the team that evaluated & subsequently cut him is incompetent. LeVeon basically played 4-D chess and got a 27 million for a little over a year spent in football purgatory.

He’s 100% going to a contender & will ball out.

• Haha 1

Just now, oliminator123 said:

After all the BS and drama with Bell, why would the Steelers want him back? Did we all forget how that entire situation went down? And Conner seems to have everyone's confidence. 

Don’t know how the Steelers would feel about bringing him back...but Conner is about as injury prone as they get.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, itslarry said:

How did he win? He lost a year of pay and didn't sign some insane contract that made it up. Would have been better taking the franchise and then leaving.

Plus wasted time on the jets.

Look at what's happened to Dak Prescott. Now consider Juice is a RB. Greater injury risk, less chance to come back and get paid. There were reports the Steelers were planning to run him to the ground. 300 carries. He was 26. This was supposed to be his biggest payday, yet Pittsburgh hit him with a 2nd franchise tag. No, what he did was smart. Save his body and take the year off. Get paid in the spring to the highest bidder. It just happened to be the Jets. And even that's worked out for him. He still has all his guarantees and gets to prove himself again on a team of his choice for another negotiation round only a season and a half later.

Edited by MKO3090
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, PrestigeWW said:

You’re completely ignoring that the team that evaluated & subsequently cut him is incompetent. LeVeon basically played 4-D chess and got a 27 million for a little over a year spent in football purgatory.

He’s 100% going to a contender & will ball out.

He goes to the Chief's, he becomes a hit-or-miss back lost in a RBBC, occasionally getting spelled by Damien Williams while he and CEH split drives.

The Chiefs still lose to the Raiders with Bell in the backfield. 

Haven't we learned that "older" skill players with poor dispositions & entitlements off the field rarely have a shelf life once they are dumped and branded with "attitude" problems?

Coaches want their players to have nasty attitudes on the field, but be saints off of it. This adherence to the "rules" is much more important to the inflated egos of the head coaches than any sort of talent one individual player might possess.

Bell might get another chance if a team feels like it can "tame" him and start him as a GL/COP back and go from there. But his "attitude" problem is branded on him across the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

didja see the game last night?

when you fancy yerself a SB contender ya can't have TJ Yeldon being your most productive rb. 

as far as Miami ... i love ol' GasCan (go check his thread), but Bell makes a ton more sense for them atm. 

i'm not totally handwaving your thoughts about work ethic, chemistry, etc ... but these situations are always a ton more fluid than we have knowledge about. 

i rank the possibilities as follows, not that it matters a chit, but ... why not?

Buffalo, Chiefs, Hoodie, Miami, Chargers, Bears.

McDermott is a no nonsense coach, they traded Marcel Dareus mid while in the playoff race. They have Singletary but also Zack Moss who did not play last night but expected back from his toe injury very soon perhaps this week.

Miami traded their high first round pick the year prior Minkah Fitzpatrick because he didn't fit.

These teams have made it clear with their personnel moves they will not be interested... But who knows maybe they make an exception for the talent of they like it enough. I just see no reason these coaches would Jack with their team chemistry.