Savatage79

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

I think Seattle is a likely destination for no reason other than their RB situation has been too clear for a Pete Carroll coached team 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I don't agree with this at all. CEH has looked above average. He got no run the last game and when he did, he got chunk yardage. Mahomes missed him on several throws. 

He has had no opportunities to shine at all. Bell being a goal line back? Sure, I can see that, seeing as how Reid refuses to use CEH there. But I don't see how a 28 year old Bell will deliver better than your promising rookie.

Sounds like wishful thinking for Bell owners who will be introduced to the Andy Reid RB dog pile that was 2019. 

I own CEH in my main league. I would love nothing more than to be wrong and not ruin the value of my first round pick. But this move makes perfect sense from a real life football perspective. They have no depth at the position and aren’t getting a ton of production anyway. Bringing in a former all pro on a one year deal is a win win

Seattle and Buffalo seem like good options too.   Nice calls gentlemen.   

bell and singletary would be a great duo

same with Bell and Carson 

guys like Moss and Penny are expendable secondary talents.  

4 minutes ago, Prezkot said:

Haven't we learned that "older" skill players with poor dispositions & entitlements off the field rarely have a shelf life once they are dumped and branded with "attitude" problems?

Coaches want their players to have nasty attitudes on the field, but be saints off of it. This adherence to the "rules" is much more important to the inflated egos of the head coaches than any sort of talent one individual player might possess.

Bell might get another chance if a team feels like it can "tame" him and start him as a GL/COP back and go from there. But his "attitude" problem is branded on him across the league.

I agree with all but 1 exception.

Only Jon gruden seems to still like those guys. 

He might have mayock tell him to get F'd after the other disgruntled Steelers fiasco though. 

6 minutes ago, Prezkot said:

Haven't we learned that "older" skill players with poor dispositions & entitlements off the field rarely have a shelf life once they are dumped and branded with "attitude" problems?

Coaches want their players to have nasty attitudes on the field, but be saints off of it. This adherence to the "rules" is much more important to the inflated egos of the head coaches than any sort of talent one individual player might possess.

Bell might get another chance if a team feels like it can "tame" him and start him as a GL/COP back and go from there. But his "attitude" problem is branded on him across the league.

I get what you're saying, but this is Gase we're talking about.  Which makes all coaching comparisons, null and void.

• Like 1

Just now, Goatstain3 said:

I get what you're saying, but this is Gase we're talking about.  Which makes all coaching comparisons, null and void.

The list of successful players once escaping Gase is indeed long and distinguished.    The guy is poison.  Worst offenses in football year after year.    And yet he’s still employed somehow... 🤔 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Klientel said:

I own CEH in my main league. I would love nothing more than to be wrong and not ruin the value of my first round pick. But this move makes perfect sense from a real life football perspective. They have no depth at the position and aren’t getting a ton of production anyway. Bringing in a former all pro on a one year deal is a win win

They aren't getting production because they're not using the position. Bell will not all of a sudden fix what was wrong with KC in the last game. Teams are staying competitive with KC by keeping Mahomes off the field. The defense is the issue, not the running back position. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

I think Seattle is a likely destination for no reason other than their RB situation has been too clear for a Pete Carroll coached team 😂😂

plus rahrahPetey is a total hippie with a humungous tolerance umbrella 🌂  wayward bastids are welcomed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

Look at what's happened to Dak Prescott. Now consider Juice is a RB. Greater injury risk, less chance to come back and get paid. There were reports the Steelers were planning to run him to the ground. 300 carries. He was 26. This was supposed to be his biggest payday, yet Pittsburgh hit him with a 2nd franchise tag. No, what he did was smart. Save his body and take the year off. Get paid in the spring to the highest bidder. It just happened to be the Jets. And even that's worked out for him. He still has all his guarantees and gets to prove himself again on a team of his choice for another negotiation round only a season and a half later.

He could have made $14.5 million the year he sat out, then whatever he signed for after... Instead he made $0 in 2018, and has reportedly made $28 million in 2019-20 since signing with the Jets.

He made $28 million in 3 years, 9 million per year.

He turned his nose up at a 5 year $70 million deal from the Steelers that would have paid $14 million per season.

He lost plain and simple.

@itslarry method of taking franchise then signing assumes risk, but would also reward more...

But dont overlook the fact he turned down 5 yr / 70 mil.

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

He could have made $14.5 million the year he sat out, then whatever he signed for after... Instead he made $0 in 2018, and has reportedly made $28 million in 2019-20 since signing with the Jets.

He made $28 million in 3 years, 9 million per year.

He turned his nose up at a 5 year $70 million deal from the Steelers that would have paid $14 million per season.

He lost plain and simple.

You mean the offer from Pitt that reportedly had no guaranteed money after year 1?  

nah-   That ain’t comparable 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

The pats thrive on picking up disgruntled players for a discount. My gut tells me the pats or the bears are two very likely scenarios. 

The Pats are my bet, tbh. He’s that piece that could put them over the top, and Hoodie knows that. They aren’t winning the SB with that RB corps and those WRs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Flyman75 said:

The Pats are my bet, tbh. He’s that piece that could put them over the top, and Hoodie knows that. They aren’t winning the SB with that RB corps and those WRs. 

BB loves taking misfit toys and making them like new again. This is such a low risk high upside opportunity for BB to prove he does it better than anyone else. His sheer narcistic attitude will make this deal happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Just now, TheDoctor said:

BB loves taking misfit toys and making them like new again. This is such a low risk high upside opportunity for BB to prove he does it better than anyone else. His sheer narcistic attitude will make this deal happen.

... and he's already proven that he can derail the Chiefs offense ... adding Bell, and having a healthy Cam, gotta be whetting the appeitite in this first year post Tommy Boy. 

• Like 2

The likeliest scenario is that Bell sits out for the rest of 2020.  No team except the Jets wanted him prior to 2019, and now even they have moved on.

If Bell does sign somewhere, it will be the team's choice, not his.  Beggars cannot be choosers.  There will be no bidding war.

And in the unlikely event Bell does sign, he will still be unproductive.  He is only a shell of the player he once was.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The likeliest scenario is that Bell sits out for the rest of 2020.  No team except the Jets wanted him prior to 2019, and now even they have moved on.

If Bell does sign somewhere, it will be the team's choice, not his.  Beggars cannot be choosers.  There will be no bidding war.

And in the unlikely event Bell does sign, he will still be unproductive.  He is only a shell of the player he once was.

🐬 

Bell had it made with the Steelers. There are not many teams that have the Oline to cater to his deliberate approach to the the line of scrimmage. He will never be the back he was with the Steelers. I cant be the only one sick of hearing bout this guy.

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

I don't think he has as big of a market as what's being fed by his agent. He's clearly not as good as he was a couple of seasons ago and he's got a bad attitude. Only a few coaches would gamble on the possible disruption.

Is Nagy the type of coach to deal with a player with a bad attitude?  I don't know of him well enough. 

Zero chance Bell is unsigned for the rest of 2020-   Unless be decides to retire a very wealthy man.  

He’ll have his pick of several offers 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Interesting article about people fearing Bell signing with Patriots. I am surprised Shark Swimmer didn’t make the list of the fearful referenced in this article... https://nesn.com/2020/10/nfl-twitter-fears-leveon-bell-will-land-with-patriots-after-release-from-jets/

Hell he can sign and immediately start taking practice via zoom since the Patriots are still shut down. 

2 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

When should we expect an announcement on which team he's signing with?

Won't clear waivers till 4pm EST today

Just now, Szer0 said:

Won't clear waivers till 4pm EST today

I thought he was a free agent immediately. 

5 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

When should we expect an announcement on which team he's signing with?

Wait for it...wait for it...

52 minutes ago, Prezkot said:

spacer.png

• Haha 2