Savatage79

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Been searching for odds at who his next team will be as Vegas seems to always have the in on these things (makes sense, A LOT of money involved at getting these right)

Here is what I found:

CHI +300

PIT +600 

KC +700

CLE +750

TB +750

TEN +800 (wtf)

SF +1000

AZ +1000

MIA +1000

SEA +1000

NYG +1200

NE +1200

WAS +1400

DET +1800

Source

i wish i understood what these mean

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Power-O said:

bet $10 on the Bears, win $40

bet $10 on Detroit, win $190

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

bet $10 on the Bears, win $40

bet $10 on Detroit, win $190

so more likely to the bears based on the lower payout

1 minute ago, Power-O said:

They're American betting odds.  +300 means you need to bet $100 to win $300.  Which is 3 to 1 or a 25% chance.

• Like 3

Just now, Power-O said:

so more likely to the bears based on the lower payout

yes 👍 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Not the bears pleaseeeee not the bears. My Monty. 

Agreeeeeed. He just took over as full 3 down back. Needs to stay this way. 

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The likeliest scenario is that Bell sits out for the rest of 2020.  No team except the Jets wanted him prior to 2019, and now even they have moved on.

If Bell does sign somewhere, it will be the team's choice, not his.  Beggars cannot be choosers.  There will be no bidding war.

And in the unlikely event Bell does sign, he will still be unproductive.  He is only a shell of the player he once was.

Huh?  Of course there won’t be a bidding war -that’s the whole point.  There’s little financial risk.  Teams will want to see what he has left because the cost is low, Bell will want to try to find a team where he can get snaps to prove himself for his next contract.  Obviously he’ll sign somewhere quickly.

• Like 2

least hurtful to existing magick foosball rb situations:

Hoodie - no one is relying on any of those backs as more than a plug n' play at this point, despite the Harris breakout. 

Miami - folks might be finally hep to ol' GasCan, but he's not winning your leeg. 

Bison - don't think Singletary/Moss are exactly carrying teams ... maybe Yeldon is 😁

Chargers - pretty sure there are very few teams whose hopes n' dreams are riding on JJ & Kelley ... amirite?

... so, to the Monty/CEH/Rojo owners - let's will this to not harm us. 

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The likeliest scenario is that Bell sits out for the rest of 2020.  No team except the Jets wanted him prior to 2019, and now even they have moved on.

If Bell does sign somewhere, it will be the team's choice, not his.  Beggars cannot be choosers.  There will be no bidding war.

And in the unlikely event Bell does sign, he will still be unproductive.  He is only a shell of the player he once was.

RB 16 last year is plenty productive. This is fantasy football nobody really cares if Bell is great, good or terrible in real life. He has a fantasy friendly game -- I could see him signing with TB or Chicago and catching enough passes to be startable 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Been searching for odds at who his next team will be as Vegas seems to always have the in on these things (makes sense, A LOT of money involved at getting these right)

Here is what I found:

CHI +300

PIT +600 

KC +700

CLE +750

TB +750

TEN +800 (wtf)

SF +1000

AZ +1000

MIA +1000

SEA +1000

NYG +1200

NE +1200

WAS +1400

DET +1800

Source

I could live with CHI or PIT. KC seems very likely though as its less about the money and more about being on a competent team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

least hurtful to existing magick foosball rb situations:

Hoodie - no one is relying on any of those backs as more than a plug n' play at this point, despite the Harris breakout. 

Miami - folks might be finally hep to ol' GasCan, but he's not winning your leeg. 

Bison - don't think Singletary/Moss are exactly carrying teams ... maybe Yeldon is 😁

Chargers - pretty sure there are very few teams whose hopes n' dreams are riding on JJ & Kelley ... amirite?

... so, to the Monty/CEH/Rojo owners - let's will this to not harm us. 

Pats would be a heartbreaker to Harris truthers like me who’ve been holding him since the season started.  It feels like Belichick is trying to set a record for largest RB rotation in the league sometimes 

• Like 1

Just now, MagikarpeDiem said:

Pats would be a heartbreaker to Harris truthers like me who’ve been holding him since the season started.  It feels like Belichick is trying to set a record for largest RB rotation in the league sometimes 

yeah, i get that ... and it's not to say it won't blow for you guys ... was couching it more as least impactful to magick foosballers who are holding cats with higher draft capital/established commodities. 

How about the Rams?! Haven’t seen anyone mention them, but they could use a legit pass catching every down back. McVay still loves to run the ball a lot, and I don’t think Henderson/brown/Akers are the answers. I’d bet on the rams as a dark horse to sign him and I think he’d fit their scheme quite well

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dewaser said:

How about the Rams?! Haven’t seen anyone mention them, but they could use a legit pass catching every down back. McVay still loves to run the ball a lot, and I don’t think Henderson/brown/Akers are the answers. I’d bet on the rams as a dark horse to sign him and I think he’d fit their scheme quite well

I’m shocked there’s no odds listed on them. When he was released them and Pitt were the two teams that immediately came to mind.

maybe they’re not putting odds on the Rams so the house automatically wins if he signs with them?

Smart GM's spend money on other positions and build Rb's through the draft. Gase's initial point on the Bell signing was correct...made no sense.

Rams are coming out of Cap hell and unless Bell is taking minimum salary they have learned their lesson with Gurley...Rams wont pay for this position,  and Bell personality will push for any new team to pay him. Taking the veterans minimum make it seem like the issue was with Bell and not the Jets.

• Like 1

Via SportsLine NFL oddsmakers: Which team will sign Le'Veon Bell?

Chicago +250

Kansas City +300

Arizona +500

Tampa Bay +700

Seattle +900

Philadelphia +1000

Tennessee +1200

San Francisco +1500

Pittsburgh +1700

New England +2000

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Chicago +250

Kansas City +300

Arizona +500

Tampa Bay +700

Seattle +900

Philadelphia +1000

Tennessee +1200

San Francisco +1500

Pittsburgh +1700

New England +2000

2 of the top 3 would be a kick in the nads for me.  Holding Drake and Edmonds just to have Bell surface?  Yuck.

8 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Chicago +250

Kansas City +300

Arizona +500

Tampa Bay +700

Seattle +900

Philadelphia +1000

Tennessee +1200

San Francisco +1500

Pittsburgh +1700

New England +2000

+2000 NE seems like a fun bet. 

2 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

+2000 NE seems like a fun bet. 

Makes sense that the Jets would give him to NE for nothing.  That's how stupid they are.

• Haha 1

Once he announces where he is going....sell...his value will never be higher...Sell to a desperate league mate that has no Rb's...The rose colored glasses will fog up quickly once he hits the field again.

Tennessee makes a bit of sense, no? Compliment to Henry with Evans hurt.

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Tennessee makes a bit of sense, no? Compliment to Henry with Evans hurt.

I can’t see him signing with any team where he would clearly be second banana. The Titans are one of those teams. I’m not saying it’s impossible, just rather unlikely when surveying other options.