Savatage79

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

7 hours ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Plus substantial upgrades in their receiving talent with the additions of Perriman and Mims and the return of Herndon. There should be fewer defenders in the box on early downs, far fewer 3-and-outs this season, and more trips to the red zone.

That's utting a lot of faith in Adam Gase, but yes I agree Bell is definitely priced sourly right now, but he's really the only guy in town. Not afraid of Frank Gore anymore.

Jets coach Adam Gase said Le'Veon Bell is "extremely motivated" and is in "phenomenal shape."

Gase and Bell haven't exactly seen eye to eye, so the fact that Gase is this supportive of his back carries some weight. Gase also said Bell has "been working extremely hard and he looks really good." This lines up with The Athletic's Connor Hughes report that Bell has been "training like a mad man" this offseason. Bell needs to get back on track in 2020 after missing the 2018 season and then only averaging 3.2 yards per carry last year. The additions to the offensive line and Bell's offseason work outs suggest a bigger year could be in store for Bell, who is being viewed as a low-end RB2 in fantasy drafts. Bell projects for another 300 touches, but it may not matter much if the Jets offense doesn't improve in general.

Aug 5, 2020, 3:14 PM ET

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

Jets coach Adam Gase said Le'Veon Bell is "extremely motivated" and is in "phenomenal shape."

Gase and Bell haven't exactly seen eye to eye, so the fact that Gase is this supportive of his back carries some weight. Gase also said Bell has "been working extremely hard and he looks really good." This lines up with The Athletic's Connor Hughes report that Bell has been "training like a mad man" this offseason. Bell needs to get back on track in 2020 after missing the 2018 season and then only averaging 3.2 yards per carry last year. The additions to the offensive line and Bell's offseason work outs suggest a bigger year could be in store for Bell, who is being viewed as a low-end RB2 in fantasy drafts. Bell projects for another 300 touches, but it may not matter much if the Jets offense doesn't improve in general.

Aug 5, 2020, 3:14 PM ET

He's an absolute workhouse and workout machine. That was never in question. The biggest question is Gase, Darnold, O-Line, and sustaining drives. 

I like Leveon on the third round.  I know Gase is a bit of a worry and the Jets will Jets, but he's a stud RB, still in his prime, and should catch 50+ balls.  Based on touches alone, he should return value for a 3rd round pick.  

From the 8 spot a start like Tyreek, Mixon/Jones, Bell....or Henry, WR, Bell would be nice.

14 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He's an absolute workhouse and workout machine. That was never in question. The biggest question is Gase, Darnold, O-Line, and sustaining drives. 

I’m pretty sure he showed up out of shape last year...unless I am misremembering. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

I’m pretty sure he showed up out of shape last year...unless I am misremembering. 

You're misremembering. He was reported to be 260 in February, but in June he was already clearly in good shape and he reported to camp even better:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-practice-report-vintage-bell-gets-started-early

Running back Le'Veon Bell, who showed up to camp in excellent shape and completed the conditioning run a pair of times, took a handoff from Sam Darnold on the second rep of team drills. Bell spun off a defender, found a hole and high-stepped his way for good yardage into the secondary.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Took a year off football. I'll forgive him. I didn't draft him last year, but a lot of signs were pointing to not drafting him last year anyways since he took a year off. 

23 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

You're misremembering. He was reported to be 260 in February, but in June he was already clearly in good shape and he reported to camp even better:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-practice-report-vintage-bell-gets-started-early

Running back Le'Veon Bell, who showed up to camp in excellent shape and completed the conditioning run a pair of times, took a handoff from Sam Darnold on the second rep of team drills. Bell spun off a defender, found a hole and high-stepped his way for good yardage into the secondary.

Gotcha...thanks. Maybe I'm remembering the Februrary Bell. I remember the pics where he looked more like a fat LB than a RB, LOL. 

• Like 1

It's baffling why Bell is so undervalued.

Of all the Top 24 RBs, Bell is the most undervalued, easily.

2019 was Bell's FLOOR season with 3.2 YPC and 4 total TDs, and still finished as RB16. His high PPR Floor makes his Rushing production a bonus, essentially. He's a WR in a RB's body.

Since then:

1) Jets upgraded all 5 starters on the OL. The big one being the 11th overall pick Becton, whose strength is Run Blocking. That'll translate right away.

2) They signed a big bodied 4.2 speed WR and drafted a big bodied 4.3 speed WR to spread the field.

3) Bell is in phenomenal shape, much better shape compared to entering 2019.

4) Bell is still the workhorse. Gore is not relevant and is probably the least threatening Backup RB in the league.

5) The Jets lost Jamal Adams and CJ Mosley, defense should he among the league's worst. This means more short passes while playing catchup, for Bell.

I think Bell goes from RB16 to Top 10 RB in 2020. He is being drafted BELOW his Floor right now, which just screams value.

• Like 3

I just have such a hard time drafting anyone on a team that has Adam Gase as a head coach. It’s a golden rule that has worked well thus far.

It would be nice to see Bell have a good season though, the league is more fun when he is balling 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

It's baffling why Bell is so undervalued.

Of all the Top 24 RBs, Bell is the most undervalued, easily.

2019 was Bell's FLOOR season with 3.2 YPC and 4 total TDs, and still finished as RB16. His high PPR Floor makes his Rushing production a bonus, essentially. He's a WR in a RB's body.

yea its basically drafting a better, healthier, DJ with rushing upside as dj is awful running the ball. only thing dj has going for him is watson who isnt exactly the check down king

Edited by colepenhagen

Posted (edited)

"Bell posted a tweet Saturday highlighting his body composition. It showed that Bell has 4 percent fat and 96 percent fat-free mass. For a player that stands at 6-foot-1 and 225 pounds, that’s awfully impressive."

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

"Bell posted a tweet Saturday highlighting his body composition. It showed that Bell has 4 percent fat and 96 percent fat-free mass. For a player that stands at 6-foot-1 and 225 pounds, that’s awfully impressive."

Yup.

Top 10 PPR RB in 2020.

I have Lev Bell outscoring guys above him that include Melvin Gordon, Chris Carson, Leonard Fournette, Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb. In full PPR.

54 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Lev Bell or Ekeler for you?

1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

Yup.

Top 10 PPR RB in 2020.

I have Lev Bell outscoring guys above him that include Melvin Gordon, Chris Carson, Leonard Fournette, Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb. In full

agreed

2 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Lev.

Ekeler takes a hit without Rivers in PPR. 

4 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Yup.

Top 10 PPR RB in 2020.

I have Lev Bell outscoring guys above him that include Melvin Gordon, Chris Carson, Leonard Fournette, Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb. In full PPR.

I wouldn't go so far as over Jones and Chubb in general (PPR makes it a difference, yes.) But the difference in PPR will be marginal. Chubb and Jones just have better situations and have had better seasons of late. 

I do agree Bell is a value, but I wouldn't take him over Chubb or Jones. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Bell easily, and his draft price just screams value. Not a fan of Ekeler... like at all, avoiding him as much as possible. 

Edited by RunCMC

7 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Ekeler easily. Much better offense, much better recent track record, more durable.

7 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Yup.

Top 10 PPR RB in 2020.

Them signing Gore is telling you Bell won’t get the workload he got last year. It’s up to you to listen...or not.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Ekeler easily. Much better offense, much better recent track record, more durable.

This is just lazy analysis. There are many things going Bell’s way, Fantasy-wise:

1) He had a year off, so most didn’t expect him to pick up last year where he left off. With a full offseason of training & he’s obviously motivated to come back strong (see previous posts of his current physical condition)

2) offensive line has been retooled with a rookie road grader in Becton

3) The Jets defense is gonna be awful after trading Adams & Mosley opting out. Lots of receptions coming for Bell in hurry-up offense

The Chargers QB situation is in flux & their o-line is never very good so to say the Chargers offense is better is a big assumption. Ekeler will get his, but I’d rather have Bell at a slight discount

• Like 2

Just a word of caution from a Dolphins fan. Gase was the coach for the Dolphins in 2018. Drake was the most talented RB in the backfield by a landslide, but Gase inexplicably fed Gore 150+ carries that season. I think he will be much more involved than people in here seem to think. 

For me, it really just depends on how far he falls. I mean, at a point his value is going to match up with his draft position. The only question is, where is that?