Savatage79

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell and DJ will both be busts for those fantasy owners, like you, who are chasing their former glory.

I find it humorous that Le'Veon Bell's supporters will simply never let it go.  I tried to warn everyone off last year, but Bell still had a late-1st-round ADP.

And anyone who picked Bell in the first round hopefully nailed all their other picks, otherwise their team went nowhere.

Lots of "because I think so" arguments. What is your rationale.

In full ppr he caught 66 passes and was out a game. 70 passes in full ppr is amazing and he will likely be top 5 this year. Gore/Perine arent taking that from him. Also the wrs arent that strong either.

Jets invested a great deal in their oline.

Darnold should improve.

Schedule looks great.

He has a contract that will force gase to use him a lot like last year.

Goaline back/Pass catching back.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

If you're looking for RB1 upside for 2020, then you're not taking Taylor over Bell. If you do, that's just going for new and shiny over old and boring. I believe the chances of finishing RB1 are higher for Bell than they are for Taylor, who is starting out in a timeshare and will not be the passing down back. 

Same or worse than 2019? That just isn't true. 

You convinced me last year when you were making the "coach" argument against OJ, but I can't ride with you on this one. I'm not saying Bell will be top 5 by any means, but I am saying he'll be a safe RB2, at the very least (again, assuming health). And on the one team on which I have him, he's my RB3. 

Btw, my youngest son is 12 and said to tell you he likes your screen name. He loves sharks and hopes to one day be a marine biologist and study sharks. Lol. 

Well then you tell your son I think he is a super cool kid and I hope he works hard and achieves his dream of becoming a marine biologist.

As for Bell, I advise against.  But I have said my piece, and will leave it at that.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well then you tell your son I think he is a super cool kid and I hope he works hard and achieves his dream of becoming a marine biologist.

As for Bell, I advise against.  But I have said my piece, and will leave it at that.

Lol I will. 

And same here. At some point, it becomes a circular argument that can only be resolved by the actual production the field. 

People harping on "inefficiency" and his YPC last year did not watch him play. He got a ton of volume, played hard, and moved well on the field, but his line play was quite literally some of the worst I've ever seen in almost 20 years of playing FF. I can't tell you how man times I saw Bell with a guy in his face before he could even get a handoff or caught a pass behind the LOS. Bell definitely still has what it takes. It's purely a situational consideration for me. If that line is drastically improved as some seem to believe, I'm definitely interested in owning him.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

People harping on "inefficiency" and his YPC last year did not watch him play. He got a ton of volume, played hard, and moved well on the field, but his line play was quite literally some of the worst I've ever seen in almost 20 years of playing FF. I can't tell you how man times I saw Bell with a guy in his face before he could even get a handoff or caught a pass behind the LOS. Bell definitely still has what it takes. It's purely a situational consideration for me. If that line is drastically improved as some seem to believe, I'm definitely interested in owning him.

Part of that is lack of talent on the O-line, but part of it is also a moribund scheme designed and implemented by "genius" Adam Gase.  You know, the one that has been nearly last in the league in plays run, yards gained, and points scored during Gase's stints in Miami and New York.

And partly that Bell, never a blazer, is even slower than he used to be.  Picking Bell to be a bust again in 2020 is so easy it is barely even worth the effort, yet his supporters persist.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Part of that is lack of talent on the O-line, but part of it is also a moribund scheme designed and implemented by "genius" Adam Gase.  You know, the one that has been nearly last in the league in plays run, yards gained, and points scored during Gase's stints in Miami and New York.

And partly that Bell, never a blazer, is even slower than he used to be.  Picking Bell to be a bust again in 2020 is so easy it is barely even worth the effort, yet his supporters persist.

I said that I'd definitely be interested in owning him this year because he has a 3rd-round ADP. If his price were the same as last year, I would not be. But just knowing his usage and baseline ability, and accounting for at least a slightly improved supporting cast, I think his value this year is more than likely to pay dividends

• Haha 1

Assuming there is a season, the great thing is we’ll get to see. 

And he won’t bust like 2019 for one primary reason...he’s being drafted lower than he was last season. At his going rate, he won’t be a bust again in 2020. 

• Haha 1

for this to happen he would need to get inj. outside that there is small chance of that happening based on workload and 3/4th rd adp.

no supporter, never owned him. but looking at touches, 3 down back, and goaline work it seems so easy to draft him in the 4th.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

for this to happen he would need to get inj. outside that there is small chance of that happening based on workload and 3/4th rd adp.

no supporter, never owned him. but looking at touches, 3 down back, and goaline work it seems so easy to draft him in the 4th.

How many touchdowns did Bell score last year?  And you want to draft him in the 4th.

OOOOOOOO kay.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

How many touchdowns did Bell score last year?  And you want to draft him in the 4th.

OOOOOOOO kay.

People have brought up multiple different reasons multiple different times as to why he can do better this year. We’ve established what a dumpster fire last year was, and if you actually watched the games Bell actually looked pretty good. Bringing up his TD total for last year when he started the season missing his starting QB as your point of argument is a bit lazy lol

OOOOOOOO kay.

Because there’s zero chance he scores more than 4 TDs this year. 

OOOOOOOO kay. 

And even scoring only 4 TD, he finished as the RB17 in half PPR. With health, his floor is a mid-RB2  But you think that’s not worth a 4th round pick? Lol. 

2 hours ago, Breesus said:

People have brought up multiple different reasons multiple different times as to why he can do better this year. We’ve established what a dumpster fire last year was, and if you actually watched the games Bell actually looked pretty good. Bringing up his TD total for last year when he started the season missing his starting QB as your point of argument is a bit lazy lol

You are not at all concerned about a player who scored only 4 TDs on well over 300 touches, and averaged a putrid 3.2 yards per carry?  And is playing for the same coach and in the same system again?  And is another year older?  Well, perhaps you should be.

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Because there’s zero chance he scores more than 4 TDs this year. 

OOOOOOOO kay. 

And even scoring only 4 TD, he finished as the RB17 in half PPR. With health, his floor is a mid-RB2  But you think that’s not worth a 4th round pick? Lol. 

Bell finished as the RB17 but he was picked as about the RB8 last season by ADP.  So if he is the same amount disappointing in 2020 as he was in 2019 (he will be, if he's lucky) then I expect him to finish as the RB30 and that by sheer volume alone.  If you want that in the 4th round, knock yourself out.

• Haha 4

Bell finished as the RB17 but he was picked as about the RB8 last season by ADP.  So if he is the same amount disappointing in 2020 as he was in 2019 (he will be, if he's lucky) then I expect him to finish as the RB30 and that by sheer volume alone.  If you want that in the 4th round, knock yourself out.

There is zero logic behind what you just wrote, and I’m now convinced you’re trolling. The same amount disappointing? What?? At worst, he’ll be what he was last season...a mid-RB2, and his ADP expresses that very clearly. I frankly don’t care what his ADP was last year...that was last year. This year, he’s being drafted as a mid-low RB2. So if he repeats 2019, then his ADP will be right on and there will be no disappointment. RB30?? Hahaha!!! Good grief man. You are seriously trying too hard now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I am taking last year's disappointing Bell numbers, aging him by one year, and subtracting out the carries and yards Gore will siphon off.  Gore is certainly past his prime, but Gase demonstrably loves Gore.  I think one if the reasons Gase loves Gore so much is that he executes the running plays, routes, and pass pro assignments exactly as drawn up, even though Gore never goes anywhere with them.  It would explain why Gase has so frequently soured on talented skill position players (Drake, Robby, Davante Parker, Ajayi), and why his teams have fared so poorly in Miami and New York.

I don't buy, at all, the concept that the Jets are going to make some magical significant improvement.  They have lost far more good players than they have gained, and they were pretty bad last year.

10 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

That's a terribly lazy take.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Maroney's Bolgna said:

See the post one above you for my expanded thoughts.

I think that Old Man Gore will definitely vulture td's/do goal-line plunges from inside the 5 yard but I still see Bell finishing as a solid rb2 in PPR and low end rb2 in standard.  

23 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Lots of "because I think so" arguments. What is your rationale.

In full ppr he caught 66 passes and was out a game. 70 passes in full ppr is amazing and he will likely be top 5 this year. Gore/Perine arent taking that from him. Also the wrs arent that strong either.

Jets invested a great deal in their oline.

Darnold should improve.

Schedule looks great.

He has a contract that will force gase to use him a lot like last year.

Goaline back/Pass catching back.

I liked everything you said except "schedule looks great". They have the 2nd hardest strength of schedule. I dont know how good the run defenses are based on that schedule, but i would assume it would be pretty tough based off the overall strength of schedule.

On 8/12/2020 at 8:16 AM, Maroney's Bolgna said:

My man is still mad Bell did the Steelers dirty.

On 8/12/2020 at 10:31 AM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Id take bell all day early 3rd, maybe late 2nd

Yeah I have no idea how he’s going so late.

Inefficiency this inefficiency that. Who cares? I don’t play in a league that punishes for a low YPC.

Dude averaged 3.2 YPC and had 4 total TDs and STILL finished as RB16 in PPR. So he’s currently being drafted lower than his finish last season because he’s somehow going to do worse? Just absurd to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2020 at 3:48 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

People harping on "inefficiency" and his YPC last year did not watch him play. He got a ton of volume, played hard, and moved well on the field, but his line play was quite literally some of the worst I've ever seen in almost 20 years of playing FF. I can't tell you how many times I saw Bell with a guy in his face before he could even get a handoff or caught a pass behind the LOS. Bell definitely still has what it takes. It's purely a situational consideration for me. If that line is drastically improved as some seem to believe, I'm definitely interested in owning him.