Savatage79

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

16 hours ago, harck said:

This was a really re-assuring game. He had nearly half the groundwork and will almost assuredly get more passes going forward. It was a frustrating game to watch because Mahomes is definitely not used to playing with a premier pass catching back. There were several plays where he ate sacks or threw it away failing to read a wide open Bell.

Guessing they didn't have much time to rep pass plays with the few days he has been on the squad.

They are going to look at the tape and hopefully Mahomes realize that he did have Bell wide open several times.  Hopefully Reid will do something about the oline blocking because I did see one play where he might have checked down to Bell but got blown up by a sack.

2 minutes ago, BravesGuy said:

How many of you are rolling him out there versus the Jets this week?

I am 100%. Not just because of revenge narrative. He looked good, I think his usage will continue to go up. 

5 minutes ago, BravesGuy said:

With injuries, I'm starting him.  Hoping for 8-10pts.

13 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

With injuries, I'm starting him.  Hoping for 8-10pts.

Ditto.

Hoping for a positive game script with KC favored by like 20. Solid opportunity for Reid to experiment with Bell.

Ideally this week he's involved in the passing game unlike last week with a full week of practice under his belt.

Hoping the following is his floor: 10 rushes, 40-50 yards, 3 receptions, 20-30 yards with a 50% chance of a TD. Floor of 8 or 9 with a ceiling of say 16-17.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BravesGuy said:

Right here. Fortunately I have no choice as Gibson is on a bye. 

20 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Right here. Fortunately I have no choice as Gibson is on a bye. 

Right there with you. Here we go, just hoping the chiefs allow him his full #revengegame

Anyone know what Andy Reids relationship is like with Gase and Gregg Williams?  Please tell me they hate each other.

• Haha 2

Should be plenty of garbage time for Bell to get some touches.

I'd say his odds of getting in the endzone about 75%.

3 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

Should be plenty of garbage time for Bell to get some touches.

I'd say his odds of getting in the endzone about 75%.

I’d say the odds of you pulling that number out of your a** are about 100%. 

Bell is a decent flex option this week but they have so many skill position players that can get the ball in the end zone, it’s tough to project where the scoring is going to come from in any given week. I think if you’re hanging your hat on Bell this week you are thinking he takes over the pass catching duties for CEH, who has been surprisingly inefficient with his targets all year. That said, Bell didn’t get a single target last week, and his ability to play on passing downs will be the true mark of his understanding of the playbook as he needs to learn protections to keep Mahomes safe if he’s in on those plays. He might not be there yet. 

Edited by AnchorDown
  • Haha 1

Its the Jets. I can easily see the score being 21-0 by the end of the 1st. That means a huge portion of this game will likely be garbage time. Why not let CEH rest and Bell run out the clock while sticking it to his old team.. mainly Gase. Lets not forget that Bell honestly looked GOOD against Denver. I'm flexing Bell in this one mainly because I need to and kinda because I want to.

• Thanks 1

Anyone else buying shares of Bell?  I'm in talks for a potential trade but I'm wondering if he'll get more touches.  If CEH were to ever go down he would be a league winner imho..

Is it fair to say this weekend's game against the Jets will likely be his best game of the season?

Edited by Gamecubesupreme

2 minutes ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Is it fair to say this weekend's game against the Jets will likely be his best game of the season?

That's my position. If you're going to play him at all this year, it should definitely be this week.

Any hey, if he blows up then maybe the trade market gets intriguing.

6 minutes ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Not at all. It’s only his second game with the Chiefs. Even if he is the best RB on the team (very debatable), he hasn’t been there long enough to get the opportunity he would need in terms of snaps to maximize his potential. If this is his best game of the season it will mean he’s a total bust this year and better left on the WW. As he picks up the playbook and if he is able to outperform CEH, or Clyde incurs an injury, that ceiling increases. But not enough time has passed or information available to make any type of hard conclusions, based on this week, on how the season turns out. If he has an incredible game this week the arrow is clearly pointing up. If he falls on his face he is still a tentative hold given the other limiting factors. 

Edit: I realize you may have meant “the season thus far.” In that case, maybe—though I still liked his role on the Jets a lot better than the role I expect him to play this week. But again, wide range of outcomes. Start him if you must (I think I will need to in one league) but it’s not a situation where I’m feeling great about his performance. One of the hardest situations to project in the league right now. Typically I like those guys on my bench as opposed to in my lineup, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Edited by AnchorDown
  • Like 1

qq: i have the chance to get a salary-expensive Bell for basically free right now in a dynasty. Do we think Bell lands somewhere useful in 2021 as a lead back?

Vegas has Bell at O/U 35.5 Rushing @-112 and Only O/U 11.5 Receiving @-112. Seems really fishy no?

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11

1 minute ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Vegas has Bell at O/U 35.5 Rushing @-112 and Only O/U 11.5 Receiving @-112. Seems really fishy no?

Seems like free money.

18 minutes ago, steve9347 said:

qq: i have the chance to get a salary-expensive Bell for basically free right now in a dynasty. Do we think Bell lands somewhere useful in 2021 as a lead back?

Definitely after he gets his first ring. You really go bottom feeder after the first taste can you? It is bell tho lol

1 minute ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Fishy in what way? 10 touches for 47 combined yards seems reasonable.

Just now, steve9347 said:

Seems like free money.

Yeah I get that but why they giving away free money. Vegas doesn't do that often lol

Just now, AnchorDown said:

I feel like that's incredibly low for playing the jets. They should be running the whole second half

1 minute ago, AnchorDown said:

They also got leveon at 9.5 rushing attempts. That's without any chances. So add what 3 more at least? 

Who is trotting him out tomorrow over their RB1s/RB2s? Any brave souls? 😂

I don't have the stones to, but honestly, I do think he is going to go berserk and Chiefs will let him loose.

Edited by harck

Flexing him due to byes & injuries. Dunno if he cracks my starting lineup after this week. Hoping he lights it up so I can deal him.