Rotoworld.com Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

On 3/22/2020 at 1:15 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

Give me a GUARANTEED work horse (and is TALENTED) on all 3 downs in the 3rd round all day!

I guess Bell's performance wasn't quite as guaranteed as you thought it would be.  Are you still using him in your starting lineup in fantasy?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Spyplane said:

One week later: Clyde Edwards-Helaire goes down pulled hammy and misses three weeks.

And Bell still does nearly nothing in his three-man committee with Darrel Williams and Darwin Thompson.

Yeah he's still got moves but he just has no burst and doesn't really get extra yardage on his falls. I was wrong about him this year and seems like he's going to be a backup or change of pace back for the rest of his NFL career. Sad to see him now after watching him in Pittsburg.

On 11/30/2020 at 4:16 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

And Bell still does nearly nothing in his three-man committee with Darrel Williams and Darwin Thompson.

Looks like I got one part of this wrong: No Darwin Thompson.

13 hours ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

Yup so much for the move to KC being good for his career.  He’ll be lucky to get signed anywhere next season with this kind of play.  Should have taken the 2 year deal the dolphins were reportedly offering 

Well, that's assuming they would want to keep him. Gaskin looks like a much better player at this point.

12 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Why would any smart team bring in Bell as a backup?  But I guess the same goes for Lesean McCoy and Frank Gore...

Gore is one of the all time greats and he's a very good role model for young players. Bell has none of that based on how he's handled his career for the last three years. Gore had his last 1,000 yards rushing season at age 33. Bell may be out of the league for three years by age 33.

• Like 1

THEORY:

Bell and his agent both knew that L'ev is currently a mere dried out husk of the player he once was. 

ergo, accepting the gig in either Buffalo or Miami would've thrust him into a more prominent role, which would've solidified his JAGness to the rest of the leeg. 

so they opted for the juggernaut - a team which could deliver him a ring with him being no more than a sparsely counted on cog. 

of course, they can always counter in the offseason that he never was given a chance to get into a rhythm with KC ... that they were too pass heavy, etc. 

... but the tape ain't gonna lie, it will tell the real story.  this cat is cooked. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
40 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

THEORY:

Bell and his agent both knew that L'ev is currently a mere dried out husk of the player he once was. 

ergo, accepting the gig in either Buffalo or Miami would've thrust him into a more prominent role, which would've solidified his JAGness to the rest of the leeg. 

so they opted for the juggernaut - a team which could deliver him a ring with him being no more than a sparsely counted on cog. 

Bell: "I'm a competitor. I love to win, that's why i chose the Chiefs." 😄

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Gore is one of the all time greats

Frank Gore is a compiler of stats.

He's never lead the league in a single category.

Only had double digit TOTAL TDs once (13) in 16 years.

Only helped his team to the playoffs 5 times in 16 year. One SB.

Never won a Super Bowl.

His ability to stay healthy is amazing. I can't speak to his locker room presence as I've never been in one with him.

All-Time greats are the best of the best. He's never been the best.  His career totals are up they're due to longevity.

He's an All-Time healthy and above average.

If he retired three years ago he would've faded into obscurity with only people from this generation occasionally trying to remember "who's that guy was who started with SF and played a bunch of years after? "

Instead he played 3+ more years, clogged up back fields at >4 a clip, slightly padded his stats with the media constantly reminding us how long he played.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Thanks 2
48 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Never won a Super Bowl.

His ability to stay healthy is amazing. I can't speak to his locker room presence as I've never been in one with him.

All-Time greats are the best of the best. He's never been the best.  His career totals are up they're due to longevity.

If he retired three years ago he would've faded into obscurity with only people from this generation occasionally trying to remember "who's that guy was who started with SF and played a bunch of years after? "

Instead he played 3+ more years, clogged up back fields at >4 a clip, slightly padded his stats with the media constantly reminding us how long he played.

All 100% true except for the 'above average' part.  Gore has actually been about the 40th-best running back in the league for most of the years he has played.

And yet, even Gore ran circles around Bell this year, both when they were teammates and when they were not.

4 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Never won a Super Bowl.

Just because you don't value what he's accomplished doesn't mean he's not making the HOF. He is and if he retired at age 33 he'd still get in. Staying healthy while taking constant punishment is a key ability for a successful RB in the NFL. It's not fluke. Its toughness, work ethic, attention to detail, consistency, etc. He's a blue collar runner and he has my respect. 

• Like 2

The NFL Hall of Fame should be for those who dominated the league and were the best or among the best at their position for a good solid stretch.

During Gore's best couple of years, he was a top 10 guy.  But for the vast majority?  Workmanlike plugger.

You going to put the longest-serving LS into the Hall of Fame because the guy played 15 seasons or something?

But, since this is the Le'Veon Bell thread, let's go back to him.  If Bell played for 10 more years and rushed for about 500 yards and 2 TDs per season over that stretch, would Bell be a Hall of Famer?

43 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

But, since this is the Le'Veon Bell thread, let's go back to him.  If Bell played for 10 more years and rushed for about 500 yards and 2 TDs per season over that stretch, would Bell be a Hall of Famer?

That's even an unfavorable example for you, since Bell actually did have a few years where he was legitimately elite, at least as far as production.

4 hours ago, rigadoog said:

That's even an unfavorable example for you, since Bell actually did have a few years where he was legitimately elite, at least as far as production.

Possibly.  But that is the point.  If Bell's career ended tomorrow (very possible, btw), would Bell be a Hall of Famer?  Seems extremely unlikely.  So should Bell's odds improve if he turns in 10 more seasons of rbbc type production?  I don't see why it should, for either Bell or Gore.

8 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Just because you don't value what he's accomplished doesn't mean he's not making the HOF. He is and if he retired at age 33 he'd still get in. Staying healthy while taking constant punishment is a key ability for a successful RB in the NFL. It's not fluke. Its toughness, work ethic, attention to detail, consistency, etc. He's a blue collar runner and he has my respect. 

Nah. "I was really healthy for a long time" shouldn't get you in the hall of fame. Sorry. 

• Like 2