Sign in to follow this  
shinoix

Help with Keepers? WHIR

One league is any 4 players, rounds don't matter.  Categories are R, H, 2b, 3b, HR, RBI, BB, OPS, SB, TB, AVG.....W, S, ERA, WHIP, QS, SH, CG

Soto, Correa, Lux, McNeil, Soler, 

Berrios, Cole, Buehler, Giolito, Glasnow

I'm leaning towards Soto, Cole, Buehler, Giolito/Berrios?  Thoughts?

Other league uses round drafted for keeper.4 players kept.  avg, HR, RBI, R, SB....W, K, S, ERA, WHIP

DeGrom - round 2, Muncy - 5, Glasnow - 9, Realmuto - 10, Sano - 19, Buehler - 20, Hoskins - 21, Lemahieu - 13, McNeil - 21, Giolito - 21

Leaning towards Degrom @ 2, Buehler @ 20, Lemahieu @ 13, Realmuto, Muncy, or Giolito

Any thoughts to either?

1. You should really split this up into two posts.  I would make it a lot easier. 
  3. Anyway, the first one I keep Cole, Buehler, and Soto for sure.  The last one I think I keep McNeil.  He is the safest bat of those remaining 4, and has multi position flexibility to help take best available in the draft.  I personally wouldn't keep 3 pitchers, with already having Cole and Buehler, two of the best.  SP only help in 6 categories at most, whereas the hitters can contribute in up to 11.

The second one, I would not keep DeGrom in 2nd.  The value just isn't there.  Im sure you could easily draft a comparable SP to DeGrom in the 2nd round (if not DeGrom himself), so thats wasting the value of your other keepers.  Buehler is a LOCK at 20, and I like McNeil's value again in round 21.  Lemahieu in round 13 would be my 3rd choice.  His position flexibility along with McNeil will really give you options in the draft.  The last one for me comes down to Giolito and Hoskins, as both provide significant value in the 21 round.  Giolito is probably the safer choice, but 1B is a little thinner this year so I could see keeping Rhys as well.

Thanks! In the first league we have 8 pitching spots, of whatever you want, SP or RP.  Most teams just run 8 SP and punt saves, so the SP's are really thin!  That's why I'm leaning to 3 SP's.

In the first I’d go with Soto, Cole, Beuhler, and Giolito. Your staff will be tough to beat. 

In the other I’d go Beuhler for sure then Hoskins, Lemahieu and Giolito. I like the idea of the two pitchers at those values the best. As said above 1B is thin so I lean for Hoskins over McNeil. 

Could you help me with mine? 

Edited by BostonCajun

first team I would go with Soto, Cole, Beuhler and Giolito

the second team I would go with Beuhler, Hoskins, DJ and Giolito, although I could make a case for McNeil over DJ because of draft round

Team 1: Soto, Correa, Lux, Soler

#2 is: Realmuto, Sano, Hoskins, Lemahieu

The first one you never said if it is roto or not 

if it’s roto I keep 

Soto Cole Giolito Buehler 

if it’s H2H I keep another bat over Giolito 

I just think that in H2H I just go 1-2 elite arms abd the rest RP with great ratios and try to win hitting since it’s essentially 11x7 and more like 6 with CG so I’d invest in hitting 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 9:44 PM, Rush2112 said:

Team 1: Soto, Correa, Lux, Soler

#2 is: Realmuto, Sano, Hoskins, Lemahieu

Kinda hard to ignore the value of Buehler at 21! Or Giolito.  There's no way I could take Sano or the struggling Hoskins over the two of them.  Thanks for the input though.

Cole, soto, buehler locks

Glasnow almost is

Soler for 5th

Correa alt

Giolito

Buehler

McNeil

Glasnow