1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’m just so tired of arguing.  I imagine he wouldn’t fit well with Arians.

I agree, he wouldn't be a good fit...Brady likes to get the ball out of his hands quick, Arians likes his QB's to take shots downfield...TE's only block in BA offense and Brady loves using his TE

Edited by hockeyfan77
Made post clearer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I agree, he wouldn't be a bad fit...Brady likes to get the ball out of his hands quick, Arians likes his QB's to take shots downfield...TE only block in BA offense and Brady loves using his TE

I think I understand what you meant here

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I think I understand what you meant here

LOL, sorry I typing without the aid of contacts or glasses...I'm going to edit it so it looks readable 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, sSektor said:

Their defense wouldn't have to instantly get back on the field 23 times due to head scratching interceptions for one. Winson was also responsible for 42 points worth of pick 6's in 2019 lol

I believe Winston threw over 30 interceptions in 2019.  Are you saying not all of them were head scratchers?

Brady would hopefully throw fewer.  But, fewer TDs, too.

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I believe Winston threw over 30 interceptions in 2019.  Are you saying not all of them were head scratchers?

Winston is garbage.

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I don’t remember if any bounced off his WR hands so I didn’t want to commit to calling all 30 head scratchers. I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if they all were either lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BMcP said:

I’m just so tired of arguing.  I imagine he wouldn’t fit well with Arians. I’ll leave it to the younger folks to argue the contrary.

I also lean towards him not fitting well with Arians current system. But I also haven’t seen him with a deep threat on Evans level in awhile so I don’t really know for certain. Maybe Arians will let him change the system how he sees fit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

I also lean towards him not fitting well with Arians current system. But I also haven’t seen him with a deep threat on Evans level in awhile so I don’t really know for certain. Maybe Arians will let him change the system how he sees fit.

I hear you - but I thought he had a pretty good connection with Cooks a couple of years ago.

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

I don’t remember if any bounced off his WR hands so I didn’t want to commit to calling all 30 head scratchers. I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if they all were either lol

Not trying to defend him too much, but they certainly weren't all on him.  There are videos on YouTube where you can watch all 30 of them, and at least 8 or so were definitely not his fault.

Guess the Patriots offered Brady a 1 year deal at less than the salary he made in 2019.  Uh...

:D

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Guess the Patriots offered Brady a 1 year deal at less than the salary he made in 2019.  Uh...

Goodbye, TB12

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So what this means is that the Patriots put Tom Brady into a situation he has to refuse.  When you offer a guy  who is looking for more money and a 2-3yr deal, less than or equal to what he made the year before for exactly 1yr; there is no room for negotiation because you are telling him it's ok for him to leave and find a better deal.

So if the rumor of the 1yr deal is true then Brady Boy just learned he is 100% expendable and he needs to figure out does he want his legacy to end in NE with retirement or playing on a 1yr deal or does he want it to end in another jersey as a one shot hired gun 😂

I would tell him to go into broadcasting if he actually had a personality but I think he would be better served to work as an intern for his wife get her morning coffee and learn how to build a business empire. 🤣

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dashoe said:

So what this means is that the Patriots put Tom Brady into a situation he has to refuse.  When you offer a guy  who is looking for more money and a 2-3yr deal, less than or equal to what he made the year before for exactly 1yr; there is no room for negotiation because you are telling him it's ok for him to leave and find a better deal.

So if the rumor of the 1yr deal is true then Brady Boy just learned he is 100% expendable and he needs to figure out does he want his legacy to end in NE with retirement or playing on a 1yr deal or does he want it to end in another jersey as a one shot hired gun 😂

I would tell him to go into broadcasting if he actually had a personality but I think he would be better served to work as an intern for his wife get her morning coffee and learn how to build a business empire. 🤣

You know, reading some of your recent posts on Tom Brady has shown me that he (Brady) has a permanent residence in your head, rent free I might add.

It’s okay to admit he hurt you, he didn’t reciprocate your love, but that doesn’t mean you can’t appreciate the good times you guys had together! 😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Shake said:

You know, reading some of your recent posts on Tom Brady has shown me that he (Brady) has a permanent residence in your head, rent free I might add.

It’s okay to admit he hurt you, he didn’t reciprocate your love, but that doesn’t mean you can’t appreciate the good times you guys had together! 😂😂

I will remember him fondly as I look at his old hairstyles and fashion shoots 😂

spacer.png

• Haha 3

It is going to be soooooooooo cold outside the Belichick tent...

16 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It is going to be soooooooooo cold outside the Belichick tent...

I'm still perplexed by the McDaniels angle in this soap opera.  He has turned down numerous HC positions to stay in NE, the assumption being the torch passes to him but does he want to take over a team with no Tom Brady to transition the rebuild?   Did Hoodie say don't worry Josh I will take the PR and fan meltdowns that come with the losses in a rebuild and I will hand you a team that will win again before I retire? So many storylines in this Patriots saga 😂

40 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm still perplexed by the McDaniels angle in this soap opera.  He has turned down numerous HC positions to stay in NE, the assumption being the torch passes to him but does he want to take over a team with no Tom Brady to transition the rebuild?   Did Hoodie say don't worry Josh I will take the PR and fan meltdowns that come with the losses in a rebuild and I will hand you a team that will win again before I retire? So many storylines in this Patriots saga 😂

Tom Brady is not going to help the transition.  He is the transition.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Conspiracy theory time

Belichick knows he is going to get a 1 year suspension for the new cheating scandal because maybe Goodell told him any other film related infraction would lead to it after Spygate. He is refusing to re-sign Brady because he is committed to tanking for one Trevor Lawrence, and by he I mean him telling McDaniels to tank from the shadows while he's serving his suspension 👀

Edited by sSektor
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Conspiracy theory time

Belichick knows he is going to get a 1 year suspension for the new cheating scandal because maybe Goodell told him any other film related infraction would lead to it after Spygate. He is refusing to re-sign Brady because he is committed to tanking for one Trevor Lawrence, and by he I mean him telling McDaniels to tank from the shadows while he's serving his suspension 👀

I do believe Hoodie is willing to tank to get the next franchise QB and I do believe Brady is incapable of playing for a tanking team to end his career.😂

I don’t know - I can’t see someone like Belichick, who is willing to do whatever is necessary to win - legal or otherwise - could actually bring himself to lose games intentionally.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I don’t know - I can’t see someone like Belichick, who is willing to do whatever is necessary to win - legal or otherwise - could actually bring himself to lose games intentionally.

Well he technically wouldn't need to because he would be suspended and McDaniels would be the interim HC in this hypothetical tanking situation. No dent in Bills win ratio.

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Well he technically wouldn't need to because he would be suspended and McDaniels would be the interim HC in this hypothetical tanking situation. No dent in Bills win ratio.

True - fair enough.

10 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Good point

18 minutes ago, BMcP said:

cheating because he knows he has a path to the SB I think is the key difference, if there is no path to the SB then losing is not that relevant.  I think his mindset  would be he is losing to win  because he always plays the long games.

• Thanks 1