1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

The world is in a prelude to the Zombie apocolypse and still people are in the New England Patriots thread talking about cheating.

lol 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

The world is in a prelude to the Zombie apocolypse and still people are in the New England Patriots thread talking about cheating.

lol 

The Zombies might claim all of our lives, but they will never claim our memories.

• Like 2

When I have shuffled off this mortal coil, verily, my spirit shall return, anon, to torment ye Patriot fans.

Also, Brady may be hoping that the CBA passes at the deadline and the Patriots will then increase their offer.  I wonder if he will be correct on either count?

38 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

When I have shuffled off this mortal coil, verily, my spirit shall return, anon, to torment ye Patriot fans.

I can't really be tormented. I've seen more than enough home team success to last for the next 50 years. Being one of those "back in the good old days" types might take some getting used to though.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Titans officially off the table with the Tannehill signing.

Edited by sSektor
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Titans officially off the table with the Tannehill signing.

I thought they were officially off the table when Giselle asked "WHAT is Tennessee?. . . instead of WHERE" 🤣

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I thought they were officially off the table when Giselle asked "WHAT is Tennessee?. . . instead of WHERE" 🤣

Damn might as well cross Tampa Bay off the potential destination list now.

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Also, Brady may be hoping that the CBA passes at the deadline and the Patriots will then increase their offer.  I wonder if he will be correct on either count?

I wonder if there’s even a market for Brady at this point.   This could be a sad ending 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I wonder if there’s even a market for Brady at this point.   This could be a sad ending 

I hope not lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

It appears that Brady's bluff has been called.  Brady now has two options: sign for big bucks and fail with the Bucs, or swallow his pride and take a one-year deal at less than market value to stay with New England.  I honestly don't think Belichick cares which route Brady takes, since Belichick has been low-key trying to get rid of Brady for a few years now.

• Haha 1

• NBC Sports' Chris Simms reports free agent Tom Brady is down to the Patriots and Buccaneers.

Simms also reports Brady's top choice was the 49ers, but they've dropped out of the Brady sweepstakes and are focusing on Jimmy Garoppolo as their franchise quarterback. With Ryan Tannehill securing a long-term deal with the Titans, Brady's options are dwindling. This report suggests Brady will be choosing between staying home on an average deal or moving down to Florida on a more lucrative deal to pair up with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Simms ultimately predicts Brady staying with the Patriots, but this isn't settled yet. In fact, we can't even rule out a wild card team making a last-second push. Time is ticking for Brady to find what's best for his last couple of NFL seasons.

SOURCE: NBC Sports
    Mar 15, 2020, 3:26 PM ET

•  

Too proud to let BB win like this?

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

The best ending for his legacy is to finish with the Pats  but the best ending for his ego is to finish the last 2-3 years he has on his terms. He is learning quickly that no front office cares too much about the terms of a 42yr old QB with rapidly declining athletic skills 😂

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It appears that Brady's bluff has been called.  Brady now has two options: sign for big bucks and fail with the Bucs, or swallow his pride and take a one-year deal at less than market value to stay with New England.  I honestly don't think Belichick cares which route Brady takes, since Belichick has been low-key trying to get rid of Brady for a few years now.

I think Belicheck being indifferent is the crux of everything. Hoodie has always had a regimented process of paying players and giving contracts based on how he values them in context of building the team. This process of player and contract valuations has truly been the key to NE's dominance. There is little history that Hoodie ever "overpaid" for for players.🤨

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

The best ending for his legacy is to finish with the Pats  but the best ending for his ego is to finish the last 2-3 years he has on his terms. He is learning quickly that no front office cares too much about the terms of a 42yr old QB with rapidly declining athletic skills 😂

Oh cruel cruel world!

I used to think Brady leaving, and both the player and the Patriots failing without the other, was my best possible scenario.

But what if Brady stayed with the Patriots and they both failed together?

Now take that scenario, but add in the fact that Brady tarted around with other teams but then had to come crawling back?

But, last and best, 1) Brady stays with the Pats after being humiliated by BB in the contract staredown, but then 2) the punishment from Spygate VIII falls on all their heads like a ton of bricks, and finally 3) Pats finish first in the AFC Least again (duh) but are blown out in the wildcard round again.  Then we rinse and repeat this "will-he-won't-he" saga again with Brady prior to 2021!!!

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Oh cruel cruel world!

I used to think Brady leaving, and both the player and the Patriots failing without the other, was my best possible scenario.

But what if Brady stayed with the Patriots and they both failed together?

Now take that scenario, but add in the fact that Brady tarted around with other teams but then had to come crawling back?

But, last and best, 1) Brady stays with the Pats after being humiliated by BB in the contract staredown, but then 2) the punishment from Spygate VIII falls on all their heads like a ton of bricks, and finally 3) Pats finish first in the AFC Least again (duh) but are blown out in the wildcard round again.  Then we rinse and repeat this "will-he-won't-he" saga again with Brady prior to 2021!!!

bonus points for use of the phrase “tarted around”

😂 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Tom should choose Tampa and be thankful that he’d actually have a coach that covets him for once and more importantly, weapons to throw to.

Evans, Godwin, OJ, Brate, hell even Scott Miller has some potential, and if I’m Tampa I also sign Chris Thompson to give Brady his new James White.

Tampa could then spend a good amount of the draft on OL and Defense. People seem to forget Tampa was 7-9 last year with Jameis throwing 30 INTs, and the kicker missing quite a few kicks, definitely costing Tampa the game against the Giants. 

Edited by Shake

If Tom really wants to stick it to Craft, his best option is Indy. 

1 hour ago, Shake said:

Tom should choose Tampa and be thankful that he’d actually have a coach that covets him for once and more importantly, weapons to throw to.

Evans, Godwin, OJ, Brate, hell even Scott Miller has some potential, and if I’m Tampa I also sign Chris Thompson to give Brady his new James White.

Tampa could then spend a good amount of the draft on OL and Defense. People seem to forget Tampa was 7-9 last year with Jameis throwing 30 INTs, and the kicker missing quite a few kicks, definitely costing Tampa the game against the Giants. 

More importantly Tampa has an emerging top defense coached by Bowles.

It will be interesting to see how many of those guys they resign.

The offense just didnt help them out at all.

1 minute ago, JHM_13 said:

If Tom really wants to stick it to Craft, his best option is Indy. 

What's so special about Indy?

15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

What's so special about Indy?

Casual football fan? Craft and NE hate Irsay and the Colts. So Brady could stick it to them by signing with the Colts

• Haha 1

Brady doesn't want to stick it to Kraft, he wants to stick it to Belichick.
He could do that by staying in NE.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

Casual football fan? Craft and NE hate Irsay and the Colts. So Brady could stick it to them by signing with the Colts

I understood the conference rivalry over the years but I did not know the owners didnt like each other😂

• Haha 1