1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

23 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

OJ Howard's Outlook looking up if TB12 goes to TB.

Sometimes a player just isn't good.

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

isnt' that stating the obvious considering  OJ was one of the biggest fantasy busts last season?

My guess is OJ or Brate will not be in Tampa this season.  Either one of them is more valuable for another team  or as trading pieces, than having them both in Tampa.  Brate is making too much money to play as the other pass catching TE in a offense that values the blocking TE over pass catching and OJ will need to be paid to extend him either with a new contract or a tag.

How can his outlook go any lower? 😂

His Outlook can go lower cause Bruce Arians is his coach.

TB12 and how he runs offense is different than how Arians does. If Brady is basically given the offense to run himself then he would elevate the play of guys like OJ Howard.

TB could trade Brate but Brady has played on offenses with 2 effective pass catching TE's. Remember Gronk and Aaron Hernandez?

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Amazing how a simple announcement can empty the bandwagon so quickly. 😂

😖😑😦😫😩😦😔🤯🙁😬😡🥶🤯🤭😫🤥🥵😛😫🙂😕🤪☹️😗😟🙃🙁😇😙😖😒😩😳😏🥵😕🤫😕😰😶🥴🤔😪😒🤯🤬😒😡🙁😡😞😤🧐😡😚😠😕🤯😰😱🥵😝😡😝🥺😒😩🥳🥺😗😭😎🥵😒🧐😡🤨🥵

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think Tom Brady has proven over 20 years that he is good.

I think he was talking about OJ Howard lol

I could really see him lacing up his boots for miami, its all wait and see right now, this whole free agency is crazy and just what i need with all the other crazy stuff going on in the world

Brady is still leveraging.  He must have at least two suitors, and he is trying to increase the bid.  I think he might also be trying to force New England to offer more.  

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

His Outlook can go lower cause Bruce Arians is his coach.

TB12 and how he runs offense is different than how Arians does. If Brady is basically given the offense to run himself then he would elevate the play of guys like OJ Howard.

TB could trade Brate but Brady has played on offenses with 2 effective pass catching TE's. Remember Gronk and Aaron Hernandez?

Gronk+Hernandez were both on cheap contracts when they played together. Brate+OJ wont be cheap depending on how Tampa handles OJ's extension/tag.

You guys keep forgetting about the economics of contracts in team personnel decisions and focus too much on the talent process.

Tampa has a lot of players they need to sign or re-sign on both sides of the ball so all of that cap which  they are willing to spend +$30mm to get Brady will evaporate quickly.  Brate is I think the 6th highest pai TE in salary, so having 2 pass catching TE's on contract is a luxury. 

Edited by dashoe

I mean, Jameis had his favorites.

For years we've seen him look to Brate in the RZ or in a 3rd and short jam.

Before he left, Humphries was one of those guys.  Last year we saw Godwin emerge as THE guy, and of course some games were Evans monsters.

The mere fact that you have a QB capable of making more advanced read progressions bodes positively for anyone who was previously excluded from the tree of trust.

Arians may not favor TEs, but you can bet that if Brady sees a matchup advantage he'd be more confident than Winston in going outside that bubble.  And I think they's be perfectly comfortable with him making line adjustments regardless of what Arians calls.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Gronk+Hernandez were both on cheap contracts when they played together. Brate+OJ wont be cheap depending on how Tampa handles OJ's extension/tag.

You guys keep forgetting about the economics of contracts in team personnel decisions and focus too much on the talent process.

Tampa has a lot of players they need to sign or re-sign on both sides of the ball so all of that cap which  they are willing to spend +$30mm to get Brady will evaporate quickly.  Brate is I think the 6th highest pai TE in salary, so having 2 pass catching TE's on contract is a luxury. 

OJ is still on his rookie contract. For 2020 there is no issue with having Brate and OJ, same as last season. 

2021 is the earliest they would even need to worry about it.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

OJ is still on his rookie contract. For 2020 there is no issue with having Brate and OJ, same as last season. 

2021 is the earliest they would even need to worry about it.

Dude he is in the last year of his rookie contract and they have to figure out if they are going to exercise his 5th year option, extend him on a longer deal or trade him with the 5th year option for another team to have that option.

So no 2021 is not the earliest you need to worry about it. You make those decisions in this 2020 offseason because that 5th yr option is valuable currency.

Seriously dude you need to follow the front office process more and the fanboy side less.  The financial incentives are very strong to trade OJ or Brate  by cut day. 😂

So Brady’s officially on the move - I don’t know if I’ll ever trust Hulu again. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

The mere fact that you have a QB capable of making more advanced read progressions

Jameis:

Looks at 1st read:

1st read is open: Throw to 1st read

1st read is covered: Force it to 1st read anyway

Forgot who the first read actually was: throw it to who he thinks is the first read regardless of if they're covered

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Dude he is in the last year of his rookie contract and they have to figure out if they are going to exercise his 5th year option, extend him on a longer deal or trade him with the 5th year option for another team to have that option.

So no 2021 is not the earliest you need to worry about it. You make those decisions in this 2020 offseason because that 5th yr option is valuable currency.

Seriously dude you need to follow the front office process more and the fanboy side less.  The financial incentives are very strong to trade OJ or Brate  by cut day. 😂

I follow front offices enough.

It's clear what this coaching staff thinks of OJ but short of a trade OJ and Brate will both be on the Bucs in 2020, which is my point. I don't know why you got sidetracked into front office making decisions. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Jameis:

Looks at 1st read:

1st read is open: Throw to 1st read

1st read is covered: Force it to 1st read anyway

Forgot who the first read actually was: throw it to who he thinks is the first read regardless of if they're covered

But fantasy football owners don't mind this. If you have a Bucs WR on your fantasy team, you're happy.

What will Brady do with Evans? Will both Evans and Godwin put up the same numbers they did last year?

20 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

But fantasy football owners don't mind this. If you have a Bucs WR on your fantasy team, you're happy.

What will Brady do with Evans? Will both Evans and Godwin put up the same numbers they did last year?

They might consider redesigning the offense similar to the Arians 2016 version with DJ. He caught ~85 passes that season.   Just don’t do it with Rojo.   

tampa is still an odd fit imo

20 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

From a fantasy perspective I think both Godwin and Evans will retain WR1 value or close yeah. But to get to last years numbers with Brady under center it would take the Bucs defense to be garbage. Brady isn't going to turn the ball over 30 times so the Bucs might get into less shootouts.

27 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I follow front offices enough.

It's clear what this coaching staff thinks of OJ but short of a trade OJ and Brate will both be on the Bucs in 2020, which is my point. I don't know why you got sidetracked into front office making decisions. 

I steered it to the front office perspective because the point is when you have to sign or resign a QB, o-line, d-iline,wr's and db's, there isnt a lot of cash to throw around and having 2  premium pass catching TE's 1 who makes about $6mm year and the other with a 5th year option is a luxury that can be traded for value before cut day. 

They just resigned the 3rd string TE Auclair for another year a day ago, so I wouldnt make the assumption Brate+OJ will be on the roster week 1. 

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

Amazing how a simple announcement can empty the bandwagon so quickly. 😂

Do you just make sh*& up? Us New Englanders will be Patriot fans for the rest of our lives. Tom will always have a special attachment to fans in New England. 

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

it is interesting how Brady fans view themselves as true NE fans.

How long will they support NE during the rebuild  when the losses start to roll in and they struggle to make the playoffs. 🤔

Another post by a hater. All teams have bandwagon fans. Are we that damn nutz The shoe 👠 

me personally remember the old Boston Patriots. Losing was a way of life. Then Tom & Bill became a team and the rest is history. 

11 minutes ago, sSektor said:

From a fantasy perspective I think both Godwin and Evans will retain WR1 value or close yeah. But to get to last years numbers with Brady under center it would take the Bucs defense to be garbage. Brady isn't going to turn the ball over 30 times so the Bucs might get into less shootouts.

Godwin is in the last year of his contract so they have to find a way to re-sign him to an extension,  his value to Brady may be higher than Evans

17 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Can’t see it.  One of those bucs wrs might retain wr1 value but Brady won’t blindly throw it up over and over costing them games.    

I’d guess Evans is the one to own- he’s the superior talent.  

• Haha 1

Just now, shakestreet said:

Do you just make sh*& up? Us New Englanders will be Patriot fans for the rest of our lives. Tom will always have a special attachment to fans in New England. 

Another post by a hater. All teams have bandwagon fans. Are we that damn nutz The shoe 👠 

me personally remember the old Boston Patriots. Losing was a way of life. Then Tom & Bill became a team and the rest is history. 

Interesting how you are so easily offended when

1. I never mentioned you in the post

2. You claim you are not a bandwagon fan and are a true pats fan

So exactly why would be compelled to respond if none of this is applicable to you?  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

OJ Howard's Outlook looking up if TB12 goes to TB.

Correct Howard & Brate a tandem like Gronk & Hernandez. Godwin & Evans. If Tom signs with TB then the Bucs are Super Bowl contenders. 

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Interesting how you are so easily offended when

1. I never mentioned you in the post

2. You claim you are not a bandwagon fan and are a true pats fan

So exactly why would be compelled to respond if none of this is applicable to you?  😉

You got me... 👍. . Carry on 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Can’t see it.  One of those bucs wrs might retain wr1 value but Brady won’t blindly throw it up over and over costing them games.    

I’d guess Evans is the one to own- he’s the superior talent.  

Actually I forgot the uptick the TE are going to see so it's probably only going to be one of them. It's probably Godwin since he kills it in the slot.

• Like 1