1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Werent they working with a back up center and Marshall Newhouse at left tackle?

You need a pretty high IQ to understand Newhouse's greatness to be honest

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Guess we'll see.

I said he'll still have a good year though lol. His head coach is a great qb coach, and evans and godwin are STUDS. I even expect them to aquire a RB in the same vein as James White and Deon Lewis.

Posted (edited)

They had a patchwork line last year in NE, but they still collectively amounted to a 81.6 Pass-Blocking Efficiency, good for tenth-best in the league last year.

The Bucs won’t have Dante’s tutelage to benefit from, however.

Edited by BMcP

31 minutes ago, BMcP said:

What is Tampa going to do about the O-line?  Right now it looks sub-average - just as it was in 2019.  I have to imagine that becomes the top priority for them now in FA/draft.

That o-line  build is going to determine if Brady is able to execute his normal 3 step drop back or adapt to the Arians  5. . .ok 7. . . uh oh. . 8  the QB is-sacked Dropback 😂

• Like 1

This will be interesting to see how he does with awesome receivers. Anyone targeting for their QB1?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

So TB will be drafting OL this draft I'm guessing?

They’re kind of locked into a crap LT for the next couple of years.  Marpet is a beast.  Jansen came up with a career year out of nowhere at center.  But I wouldn’t be surprised if they address the right side of their line in the draft.

Edited by BMcP

57 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I said he'll still have a good year though lol. His head coach is a great qb coach, and evans and godwin are STUDS. I even expect them to aquire a RB in the same vein as James White and Deon Lewis.

Everyone is a "system" something or other, it takes 11.

That said, Tom Brady is still pretty good.

12 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

This will be interesting to see how he does with awesome receivers. Anyone targeting for their QB1?

I dont see how he's a top 12 QB.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Chippa said:

usually, yes. 2019 they didnt. Werent they working with a back up center and Marshall Newhouse at left tackle? That's horrendous. 

The patriots have great coaches. They can scheme around bad o-linemen. Shorter drop backs from Brady, shorter routes, more dump offs, etc. 

He's a total system guy. BUT I believe the bucs will shore up the o-line, and with Godwin and Evans as his 1 and 2, and Arians as the coach, Brady will put up good numbers. 

Why do people continue to use this reference when assessing QBs? What does it really even mean? How do you prove it? Peyton Manning was, like Brady, in (1) system his entire career and thrived in it. So by your "definition, he' a "system guy" too, right? What QB put up elite numbers in numerous "systems" to prove that they aren't a "system guy?" The whole argument is ridiculous.

Would Tom Brady thrive in a system that's tailored for Lamar Jackson? Nope. Would Peyton Manning? Nope. Would Lamar Jackson thrive in a system that's tailored for Tom Brady? Nope. Would Lamar Jackson thrive in a system tailored for Peyton Manning? Again, NOPE. Does that make them all "system players"?

Nonsense.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1

I thought it was common knowledge that Brady is a known jerk that nobody can stand. Corona is messing with these players minds!

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I thought it was common knowledge that Brady is a known jerk that nobody can stand. Corona is messing with these players minds!

He did write “unexpected high” (sic) - so his reputation does proceed him.

27 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Why do people continue to use this reference when assessing QBs? What does it really even mean? How do you prove it? Peyton Manning was, like Brady, in (1) system his entire career and thrived in it. So by your "definition, he' a "system guy" too, right? What QB put up elite numbers in numerous "systems" to prove that they aren't a "system guy?" The whole argument is ridiculous.

Would Tom Brady thrive in a system that's tailored for Lamar Jackson? Nope. Would Peyton Manning? Nope. Would Lamar Jackson thrive in a system that's tailored for Tom Brady? Nope. Would Lamar Jackson thrive in a system tailored for Peyton Manning? Again, NOPE. Does that make them all "system players"?

Nonsense.

Tough talk 😤 

Brady still a system qb no matter how u spin it.   Like a vampire sucking life off the Belichick and McDanny teet.  

If he goes to Tampa and lights it up-  we can revisit.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Theres only one Bucs fan i know on this forum (or anywhere)...and that is: @Dislimb Give us your take!!

Edited by predator_05
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, BMcP said:

They’re kind of locked into a crap LT for the next couple of years.  Marpet is a beast.  Jansen came up with a career year out of nowhere at center.  But I wouldn’t be surprised if they address the right side of their line in the draft.

What im seeing on Bucs forums n such is that they are ready to roll with their current o-Line except for RT, so id bet thats where they go in the first 2 rounds

other than RT who they have currently will be the O-Line, pass blocking isnt as bad as youd think however the run blocking is a mess, my 2 cents

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Why do people continue to use this reference when assessing QBs? What does it really even mean? How do you prove it?

Peyton Manning was, like Brady, in (1) system his entire career and thrived in it.

So by your "definition, he' a "system guy" too, right? What QB put up elite numbers in numerous "systems" to prove that they aren't a "system guy?" The whole argument is ridiculous.

Nonsense.

Someone needs to give this guy a history lesson and a dictionary. 🤣

Peyton Manning was not a system QB.

He played for 2 different teams

He had 5 different HC's and went to 4 Sb's with 4 HC's.

Manning transcended coaches and systems. He literally changed the way the QB position was valued and played. 

By definition he cant be a system QB 😂

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Manning transcended coaches and systems. He literally changed the way the QB position was valued and played. 

Maybe hes saying that since Peyton is basically the OC, its his system wherever he goes.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Maybe hes saying that since Peyton is basically the OC, its his system wherever he goes.

Well since you put it that way. I can definitely see the merit of that view 😂

• Haha 1

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports, "The Rams are currently in discussions regarding a possible trade of RB Todd Gurley."

Hes solid is pass protection right? gotta protect our new mans

23 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I don't need a history lesson or a dictionary, despite your argumentative claims otherwise. Try reading my post again and slowly this time. I never said Peyton Manning was a system QB. If anything, I said no one is a "system QB" because calling a player that doesn't make sense. Especially when there is no proof of them playing outside of the system they thrived in.

I am fully aware of the coaches that Peyton Manning had and the fact that he played for (2) teams. I'm also fully aware that he used the same terminology, system throughout his career, which is similar to Brady. So by definition, if someone is going to call Tom Brady a "system QB" because he used the same system (with many variances to it) his whole career, then Peyton Manning would be the same. But the truth is, neither are "system QBs" because that label makes no sense.

Please don't quote me if you're only interested in tossing around your emojis and creating a conflict. Thank you.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Tough talk 😤 

Brady still a system qb no matter how u spin it.   Like a vampire sucking life off the Belichick and McDanny teet.  

If he goes to Tampa and lights it up-  we can revisit.    

Oh ok. By your definition, I guess Manning was a system QB too. Same for Mahomes. Same for Lamar Jackson. Same for any other QB who thrived under one system in their career without proof of thriving in a different one. Just silly.

"If he goes to Tampa..." You mean when he brings his system and what works for him to Tampa with him? Ok. I guess if Arians doesn't alter his scheme at all to tailor to Brady and Brady doesn't do that well, it means he sucks right? And if Peyton went to Denver and Denver didn't do everything they could to allow him to bring his system and familiarity with him from Indy, it means he would have sucked to thus being labeled a crappy "system QB", right?

Nonsense.

Edited by ThreadKiller

So we got our answer now from a few of our friends on this forum: they are Tom Brady fans, not Patriot fans.  Hardly surprising.

But cue the excuses already:  Brady did not have enough time to (install his own system/learn Arians's system) because of the curtailed offseason due to Covid19.

Yes Brady was horrible for Tampa in 2020, but just wait until 2021 when he has had a full year with the new team!