1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So we got our answer now from a few of our friends on this forum: they are Tom Brady fans, not Patriot fans.  Hardly surprising.

But cue the excuses already:  Brady did not have enough time to (install his own system/learn Arians's system) because of the curtailed offseason due to Covid19.

Yes Brady was horrible for Tampa in 2020, but just wait until 2021 when he has had a full year with the new team!

I'm a Patriots fan first who wanted to keep Brady for sentimental reasons. I think the correct football move for the Patriots as they currently are and how their salary cap currently is, was to move on from Brady. People that know me debated with me years ago when I would have been ok with keeping Jimmy G...None of this means that Brady isn't still a good QB, but team structure, salary cap, sustained success, etc are very important parts of it.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Haha 1

Guys, this gets ridiculous, where practically every day or so, we have to go through this. If you have an opinion on Tom Brady 2020 outlook or any other players outlook, then speak it. But if you dont agree with someone, then just freaking ignore their posts & move on. Guess what, not everyone is going to agree with what each of you have to say. Agree to disagree or stay off the forums. Very childish!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

My opinion of Tom Brady on the Tampa Bay Bucs in 2020--

He's not going to make it through the season because he is going to take a pounding in Arians system.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

My opinion of Tom Brady on the Tampa Bay Bucs in 2020--

He's not going to make it through the season because he is going to take a pounding in Arians system.

The only difference is, it's likely tom gets a lot of say in this system, it's going to be a hybrid collaboration of both minds, just my prediction

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Arians has never changed his system for anyone.  Don't see it happening now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

The only difference is, it's likely tom gets a lot of say in this system, it's going to be a hybrid collaboration of both minds, just my prediction

Tom didnt leave Hoodies's SYSTEM to just go along with whatever Arians wants to do. There definitely were some "control" aspects negotiated into his contract. My guess is he gets to veto any play leftwich calls 😂

11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Tom didnt leave Hoodies's SYSTEM to just go along with whatever Arians wants to do. There definitely were some "control" aspects negotiated into his contract. My guess is he gets to veto any play leftwich calls 😂

It will be interesting for sure to see Brady taking cues from a QB drafted three years after him.

• Haha 1

If you thought Brady grimaced a lot on the Patriots sideline in 2019, wait until you see him trying to take orders in 2020 from Leftwich.  In 95° heat with 80% humidity...

• Haha 1

Tom Brady will be OC, no?

Or did Arians, that GM Licht or whatever his name is, bring in Brady to run Arians system?

I am not nor ever will be employed by an NFL team unfortunately but how in the world do you bring in Tom Brady for the last 2 years of his career and not give him the offense? 

Sign Melvin Gordon for his pass catching back, short hits to Godwin, seam passes to OJ Howard, occasional deep shots to Evans. Rinse and Repeat.

Arians air raid offense will get Brady hurt. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Agreed.   Neither of these guys is going to change their stripes after this long in the league.    It will be Arians/Leftwich offense with Brady putting in specific packages, reads, and options.  Is one short offseason enough?   I’d wager Tampa misses the playoffs in 2020.   If they can get brady back for 2021 and Brees retires...maybe they’re a playoff team 

Edited by Impreza178

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Agreed.   Neither of these guys is going to change their stripes after this long in the league.    It will be Arians/Leftwich offense with Brady putting in specific packages, reads, and options.  Is one short offseason enough?   I’d wager Tampa misses the playoffs in 2020.   If they can get brady back for 2021 and Brees retires...maybe they’re a playoff team 

I think they'll make the playoffs. didnt they have one of the best run defenses in the league last season? Now they're getting a qb who wont throw 30 ints. Falcons are worthless and 7-9 at best, with the saints winning the div leaves the bucs to 10-6 or 11-5. Panthers in rebuild mode too

Edited by Chippa

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

I think they'll make the playoffs. didnt they have one of the best run defenses in the league last season? Now they're getting a qb who wont throw 30 ints. Falcons are worthless and 7-9 at best, with the saints winning the div leaves the bucs to 10-6 or 11-5. Panthers in rebuild mode too

It’s possible.  Depends if less picks equals fewer points scored for Tampa.   And if the D is real or that was a fluke year.   The NFC is also pretty deep.

I think after 48hrs it is time to appreciate the significance of

TOM BRADY will PLAY FOR THE TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS  (at the age of 43).

Either way it ends with a SB ring or on a stretcher, this has been a truly momentous moment event for the NFL offseason in the last 25 years😂

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So we got our answer now from a few of our friends on this forum: they are Tom Brady fans, not Patriot fans.  Hardly surprising.

But cue the excuses already:  Brady did not have enough time to (install his own system/learn Arians's system) because of the curtailed offseason due to Covid19.

Yes Brady was horrible for Tampa in 2020, but just wait until 2021 when he has had a full year with the new team!

This upcoming season will be so much fun just to see how Tom fares in Tampa. Whether he succeeds or fails, I have no idea but damn the 2020 season will have just a smidge more intensity for all football fans. The haters of the Patriots now hate on two teams, the Bucs.
I sure hope Tom succeeds in Tampa they go 10-6 make the playoffs. Let’s even go one step more they win the whole damn thing, crowned the Super Bowl Champs and Tom wins MVP 🏆 . Hallelujah 

44 minutes ago, Chippa said:

They had the best.

21 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

This upcoming season will be so much fun just to see how Tom fares in Tampa. Whether he succeeds or fails, I have no idea but damn the 2020 season will have just a smidge more intensity for all football fans. The haters of the Patriots now hate on two teams, the Bucs.
I sure hope Tom succeeds in Tampa they go 10-6 make the playoffs. Let’s even go one step more they win the whole damn thing, crowned the Super Bowl Champs and Tom wins MVP 🏆 . Hallelujah 

Could you not call people with an anti-Patriots bias “haters”?  It’s ok to have varying viewpoints on a team - there’s no need for that inflammatory and condescending rhetoric.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Chippa said:

Brady is about to pull a McDaniels and back off from joining the Bucs.

10 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Brady is about to pull a McDaniels and back off from joining the Bucs.

And here I thought “pulling a McDaniels” was pulling out from coaching a team at the last second.

Or cheating.  What do I know.

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Arians has never changed his system for anyone.  Don't see it happening now.

Yea but has arians ever worked with the greatest quarterback of all time?  This is a huge weight off arians shoulder, he gets to put his focus on the other sides of the ball and collaborate/trust with his new qb, that one particular side of the ball will be well under control.  

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Yea but has arians ever worked with the greatest quarterback of all time?  This is a huge weight off arians shoulder, he gets to put his focus on the other sides of the ball and collaborate/trust with his new qb, that one particular side of the ball will be well under control.  

Carson Palmer did not suck when he played for Arians, dude actually would sit back wait and take the big hits Arians demanded to deliver the ball.  As to  "the greatest QB of all time" Brady is 43yrs old not, 23, 33,35,37 or 40.  .He is 43 and this is 2020. 

i'm of the view we have no idea what type of offense Tampa will be this season but the smart bet for fantasy is grab Godwin because there is no reality in which Tom is going to take hits, he will release the ball ASAP to the open guy, which will probably be Godwin

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

Just now, dashoe said:

Carson Palmer did not suck when he played for Arians, dude actually would sit back wait and take the big hits Arians demanded to deliver the ball.  As to  "the greatest QB of all time" Brady is 43yrs old not, 23, 33,35,37 or 40.  .He is 43 and this is 2020. 

Tom Brady will not put up with that, I get what u say, but this is on a whole new level

7 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Arians has just recently said he’s willing to meet Brady “in the middle” on system-related questions.  That seems like a best-case scenario when speaking of Arians.

• Like 1

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport considers the Bucs highly unlikely to sign free agent Antonio Brown.

For whatever reason, Tom Brady is still stumping for this, but not even TB12 has the power to get Brown another NFL chance. Per Rapsheet, coach Bruce Arians did not enjoy his time with Brown in Pittsburgh. The Bucs, of course, don't even need Brown with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin in the fold. This might generate chatter for a few more days, but it is not happening.

RELATED: 

If this story is correct, and since it is Rapoport I have my doubts, the score is now Arians 1, Brady 0 in this North Florida battle of the wills.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Arians has just recently said he’s willing to meet Brady “in the middle” on system-related questions.  That seems like a best-case scenario when speaking of Arians.

I expect best case is the inevitable scenario, Brady sells more tickets than arians, Brady is the master at reading defenses, if arians does not meet middle, Brady calling audible will be the new "OMAHA!"

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins