1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Arians has just recently said he’s willing to meet Brady “in the middle” on system-related questions.  That seems like a best-case scenario when speaking of Arians.

Arians also gushed about OJ Howard all last offseason, then turned him into an afterthought as I knew he would.  Arians is one of the coaches that is most predictable in all the NFL.  He will blow sunshine for months, then when the games start, he runs his system regardless.

Posted (edited)

When Ken Dolls dress up like Pirates 🤣

He's not a very manly or fearsome looking pirate is he? 

ETfdRzBX0AEvj-7?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Yea but has arians ever worked with the greatest quarterback of all time?  This is a huge weight off arians shoulder, he gets to put his focus on the other sides of the ball and collaborate/trust with his new qb, that one particular side of the ball will be well under control.  

Brady is not the greatest. The greatest just won a superbowl a couple months ago

39 minutes ago, dashoe said:

When Ken Dolls dress up like Pirates 🤣

He's not a very manly or fearsome looking pirate is he? 

ETfdRzBX0AEvj-7?format=jpg&name=large

Thomas Edward Patrick Brady is the veritable scourge of the Spanish Main.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Arians also gushed about OJ Howard all last offseason, then turned him into an afterthought as I knew he would.  Arians is one of the coaches that is most predictable in all the NFL.  He will blow sunshine for months, then when the games start, he runs his system regardless.

I led the charge on trying to warn people off of Howard last year - my work in that department is done.

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Could you not call people with an anti-Patriots bias “haters”?  It’s ok to have varying viewpoints on a team - there’s no need for that inflammatory and condescending rhetoric.

Oh my .. I am so sorry. Please forgive me

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I led the charge on trying to warn people off of Howard last year - my work in that department is done.

You and I were at the head of the pack, mushing, and dragging that "No-OJ" sled across the frozen tundra my dawg.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Oh my .. I am so sorry. Please forgive me

It’s just that I hate having to report people for being antagonistic- and I’ve had to do that a few times recently, per moderator instructions.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BMcP said:

It’s just that I hate having to report people for being antagonistic- and I’ve had to do that a few times recently, per moderator instructions.

lol what moderators.? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

lol what moderators.? 

Because he probably clicks on that report post in upper right.... 

30 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I hate having to report people

5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Because he probably clicks on that report post in upper right.... 

I guess just be thankful it’s not your problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chippa said:

Brady is not the greatest. The greatest just won a superbowl a couple months ago

Im not getting into this, keep the thread rolling

How is Melvin Gordon in the pass protecting department? Can't say I've payed attention to that part of his game the last 3 years.

6 minutes ago, sSektor said:

How is Melvin Gordon in the pass protecting department? Can't say I've payed attention to that part of his game the last 3 years.

Melvin Gordon? Doesn’t he play for the chargers 

Just speculating but Melvin Gordon would be a great fit in TB. 

He wouldn't be asked to do it all, great receiving back and runner just have to limit his load, could be a James white type guy for Brady. If TB is selling out to win now I'd go get MGIII

MGIII is yesterday's news man.

Brady looks a bit . . .SMALLER and OLDER. . .🤨

This is not a crazy cap busting contract and I'm beginning to believe Hoodie just didnt want him in NE anymore and Tom really did want to move on because on both sides it couldnt have been about the money. 😉

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

This is not a crazy cap busting contract and I'm beginning to believe Hoodie just didnt want him in NE anymore and Tom really did want to move on because on both sides it couldnt have been about the money. 😉

Judging by the players the Pats are letting go of it's clear hoodie is fast-tracking the rebuild. Wouldn't be surprised if he tanks for Lawrence at this point.

On 3/19/2020 at 12:17 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

My opinion of Tom Brady on the Tampa Bay Bucs in 2020--

He's not going to make it through the season because he is going to take a pounding in Arians system.

That will never happen. Tom Brady can adept to any situation afterall he is the best QB ever... The key in all this will be the Bucs offensive  line if they give Tom protection then you will see those 6/7 drop back steps that Bruce Arians is famous for otherwise Tom will deliver the ball in a second keeping defenses off balance in his precision type fashion he has been doing for 20 years. Mike Evans & Arians will adept to for Tom. Take that to the bank. Again the key is the offensive line. Tom will dominate all those great NFC defensive teams with those weapons that Tampa has...Evans, Godwin, Howard & Brate. If Tampa signs a pass catching running back Tom will be back in the Super Bowl. Need to look into if RoJo fits the mold to catch. If he does watch out, those Brady not-so-call fans. I expect a long season of coming here and throwing salt on your open would. Buckle up & I sure will be enjoying the ride. 

🙏 praying this corona s&*t to go away so we can play some football. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

That will never happen. Tom Brady can adept to any situation afterall he is the best QB ever... The key in all this will be the Bucs offensive  line if they give Tom protection then you will see those 6/7 drop back steps that Bruce Arians is famous for otherwise Tom will deliver the ball in a second keeping defenses off balance in his precision type fashion he has been doing for 20 years. Mike Evans & Arians will adept to for Tom. Take that to the bank. Again the key is the offensive line. Tom will dominate all those great NFC defensive teams with those weapons that Tampa has...Evans, Godwin, Howard & Brate. If Tampa signs a pass catching running back Tom will be back in the Super Bowl. Need to look into if RoJo fits the mold to catch. If he does watch out, those Brady not-so-call fans. I expect a long season of coming here and throwing salt on your open would. Buckle up & I sure will be enjoying the ride. 

His average release time (of 2.58 seconds) was his slowest since 2011.

Just now, BMcP said:

I kinda wonder how much that has to do with his cast of pass catchers.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I kinda wonder how much that has to do with his cast of pass catchers.

It’s fair to wonder - Arians won’t press him into a fast-release, short-to-intermediate target scheme.  That’s the opposite of his style.  So I’m not sure we will have an answer.

10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

there was a lot of delayed checkdowns to the runningbacks in 2019.

2011 he had prime Danny Woodhead, so that makes sense as well

28 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Nah. LOL like I said before, the anti-TB12, anti-NEbiased ones (won't get into names but we know who they are) who live in these threads to bash TB12 no matter what will find a way to manipulate the discussion even if Brady does well. They will go on and on with "Brady is only doing well because his schedule is weak!", or "Omgz anyone could do well with those skill playerz!" Reality has a hard time settling in for some around these parts.

It will absolutely be fun to watch unfold though.

• Like 2