1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

His average release time (of 2.58 seconds) was his slowest since 2011.

With the weapons he had last year that doesn’t surprise. The WRs stuck to the cornerbacks couldn’t separate. This year Tom throws the ball and Mike, Chris & company will go up and catch the damn ball, last year the only guy who could was Jules and he was doubleteamed constantly. 

7 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

With the weapons he had last year that doesn’t surprise. The WRs stuck to the cornerbacks couldn’t separate. This year Tom throws the ball and Mike, Chris & company will go up and catch the damn ball, last year the only guy who could was Jules and he was doubleteamed constantly. 

Not to mention falling apart.

6 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I will be relieved to hear the end of the “Brady has no weapons” discussion.  It will make for a good litmus test of his current abilities.

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I will be relieved to hear the end of the “Brady has no weapons” discussion.  It will make for a good litmus test of his current abilities.

And if Tampa drafts D'Andre Swift, I will become a Brady fan all right.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

That will never happen. Tom Brady can adept to any situation afterall he is the best QB ever... The key in all this will be the Bucs offensive  line if they give Tom protection then you will see those 6/7 drop back steps that Bruce Arians is famous for otherwise Tom will deliver the ball in a second keeping defenses off balance in his precision type fashion he has been doing for 20 years. Mike Evans & Arians will adept to for Tom. Take that to the bank. Again the key is the offensive line. Tom will dominate all those great NFC defensive teams with those weapons that Tampa has...Evans, Godwin, Howard & Brate. If Tampa signs a pass catching running back Tom will be back in the Super Bowl. Need to look into if RoJo fits the mold to catch. If he does watch out, those Brady not-so-call fans. I expect a long season of coming here and throwing salt on your open would. Buckle up & I sure will be enjoying the ride. 

🙏 praying this corona s&*t to go away so we can play some football. 

Didn't you also think Brady would never leave New England?  Perhaps your powers of prediction are dissipating.

On 2/16/2020 at 9:15 AM, shakestreet said:

Tom will be taking his talents to Tampa. 

26 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Didn't you also think Brady would never leave New England?  Perhaps your powers of prediction are dissipating.

That is from the First page on this thread.
Also, in a thread from last year I wrote Tom should move on find a new place to play or retire. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

That is from the First page on this thread.
Also, in a thread from last year I wrote Tom should move on find a new place to play or retire. 

I'm beginning to think this guy is a NE Patriots fan and not  a Brady boytoy 😆

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

If you’re hoping for Evans to achieve separation, you’re barking up the wrong tree.

Just now, BMcP said:

If you’re hoping for Evans to achieve separation, you’re barking up the wrong tree.

Mike Evans goes and gets the ball. He doesn’t need any. 

Try again... 

Just now, shakestreet said:

Mike Evans goes and gets the ball. He doesn’t need any. 

Try again... 

Sure: “The WRs stuck to the cornerbacks couldn’t separate”

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Sure: “The WRs stuck to the cornerbacks couldn’t separate”

Patriots also lacked any physical receivers that can win at the point of attack like Evans can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Patriots also lacked any physical receivers that can win at the point of attack like Evans can.

N’Keal was supposed to offer them that

Posted (edited)

Fantasy wise it is interesting how many are assuming that Brady is going to take the passing offense in terms of production to the next level. . .an offense that put up ridiculous numbers the last 2 seasons with Jameis +Fitzpatrick and produced fantasy studs in Evans+Godwin and anyone else who got a piece of the volume.

#4 Pass attempts 2019 and 2018

#1 Pass yards per game 2019 and 2018 

#5 pass yards per attempt 2019  and #2 in  2018

#4 pass TD's per game 2019 and 2018

#7 completions per game 2019 and #6 in 2018

Fantasy wise I don't see how Brady improves on these team passing stats but I do see how they become a more efficient offense and secure more wins.

I would make the argument that we see the passing offense regress in terms of volume but the offense overall will be more more efficient with a bump up in the running game and defense that is improving.  🤨

if the Bucs improve their run game and the defense gives him great field position, they will protect their $50mm QB over the next 2 seasons

Jamesis + the struggling pass defense was a fantasy gift that kept on giving 🤣

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

No no no @dashoe.

You have it all wrong.  Brady is the G.O.A.T. and was only held back by his poor supporting case in New England in 2019.

Now that he will be playing with Evans, Godwin, and OJ Howard?  75 TD passes, not out of the question.

• Haha 1

I have a feeling Tom will do great in Tampa Bay. Side note I'm buying Godwin everywhere and anywhere I can . Him and the GOAT are gonna tear up the middle of the field 

37 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brady is the G.O.A.T. and was only held back by his poor supporting case in New England in 2019.

I mean he was though lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I have a feeling Tom will do great in Tampa Bay. Side note I'm buying Godwin everywhere and anywhere I can . Him and the GOAT are gonna tear up the middle of the field 

I think godwin will be the most week to week consistent pass catcher on the offense and the one to own in fantasy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think godwin will be the most week to week consistent pass catcher on the offense and the one to own in fantasy. 

Unless AB actually ends up on the team too somehow. Either way Evans is going to end up being the boom/bust guy.

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Unless AB actually ends up on the team too somehow. Either way Evans is going to end up being the boom/bust guy.

I just don't see who takes a chance on him after the circus show of last year., unless he works on a pay per game basis 😂

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I just don't see who takes a chance on him after the circus show of last year., unless he works on a pay per game basis 😂

I would imagine that type of language in his contract is expected by him and his agent at this point. But he realistically will be signed by a team if he does some mental health counseling during the offseason or something. 

11 hours ago, BMcP said:

His average release time (of 2.58 seconds) was his slowest since 2011.

Cause he had no receivers getting separation?  I know it's been said numerous times but it's the truth 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Cause he had no receivers getting separation?  I know it's been said numerous times but it's the truth 

It's also the truth that he had the #1 defense and he couldnt get the team past the WC game. Great QB's elevate the wr's around them. Brady didnt do that he instead threw them under the bus and complained about them. 

Brady was so spoiled by gronk dominating the middle of the field and the red zone he forgot how to step up his game with no Gronk to throw to

Edited by dashoe

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

It's also the truth that he had the #1 defense and he couldnt get the team past the WC game. Great QB's elevate the wr's around them. Brady didnt do that he instead threw them under the bus and complained about them. 

Brady was so spoiled by gronk dominating the middle of the field and the red zone he forgot how to step up his game with no Gronk to throw to

i disagree. 

5 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

i disagree. 

Great QB's can hide the weaknesses of mediocre wr's same as great wr's can hide the weaknesses of mediocre QB's. 

Rodgers did  hobbled with a knee injury and throwing the ball to MVS and EQS a couple of years ago replacing  injured cobb+allison and a traded jordy.

Last year showed the limitations of bradys QB ability to raise the level of play around him.  He is a system QB and when the system doesnt work he can't improvise to overcome it.  Stop blaming the wr's. The coaching staff put the guys on the field they thought they could win with and the QB couldnt win with them. 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, dashoe said:

I agree and don't understand the hard-ons people are getting /w Brady being there now. Edelman never had double digit TDs, over 100 catches twice, and 1k only 3 times....and TB is 43. I don't see this monster fantasy friendly offense people are drooling over.