1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, iabass8 said:

I agree and don't understand the hard-ons people are getting /w Brady being there now. Edelman never had double digit TDs, over 100 catches twice, and 1k only 3 times....and TB is 43. I don't see this monster fantasy friendly offense people are drooling over.   

Exactly as if the bucs were not one of the best monster fantasy options for pass catchers the last 2yrs  😂

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Great QB's can hide the weaknesses of mediocre wr's same as great wr's can hide the weaknesses of mediocre QB's. 

Rodgers did  hobbled with a knee injury and throwing the ball to MVS and EQS a couple of years ago replacing  injured cobb+allison and a traded jordy.

Last year showed the limitations of bradys QB ability to raise the level of play around him.  He is a system QB and when the system doesnt work he can't improvise to overcome it.  Stop blaming the wr's. The coaching staff put the guys on the field they thought they could win with and the QB couldnt win with them. 😂

I Disagree

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Has anyone brought up the effect the Brady signing could have on OJ Howard at TE? 

Hard to go back through 32 pages.

TIA

I think myself and someone else circled him as a buy at TE12 and cheaper dependent upon a Brate trade/release.

Someone else also concurred with me the Brady loves his TE's belief is not that accurate and someone else pointed out he only had 3 fantasy relevant TE's his entire career; Gronk who was an elite outlier as a talent, hernandez who was basically a wr, martellus bennet who was above average and probably the better comp for a statline for OJ in an Arians offense. Also it was pointed out that NE simply had the best aptitude in the NFL to use TE's in their offense whereas Arians does not have that history, so to expect OJ to give gronk like production is simply unrealistic and best case is he gives u Martellus type  production.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Has anyone brought up the effect the Brady signing could have on OJ Howard at TE? 

TIA

A good amount depends on the line and how often they're going to need OJ to stay in and block. But you can pretty much guarantee he's going to see great redzone volume.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think myself and someone else circled him as a buy at TE12 and cheaper dependent upon a Brate trade/release.

Someone else also concurred with me the Brady loves his TE's belief is not that accurate and someone else pointed out he only had 3 fantasy relevant TE's his entire career; Gronk who was an elite outlier as a talent, hernandez who was basically a wr, martellus bennet who was above average and probably the better comp for a statline for OJ in an Arians offense. Also it was pointed out that NE simply had the best aptitude in the NFL to use TE's in their offense whereas Arians does not have that history, so to expect OJ to give gronk like production is simply unrealistic and best case is he gives u Martellus type  production.

Very astute observation.   We cant separate Brady from Belichick so it’s tough to project huge numbers for a Tampa TE.

Arians has been brutal to OJH and Rojo too-  pulling them for entire quarters or halves for small blocking errors.

• Like 1

So is this Godwins way of publicly saying he doesnt want to give up his jersey # but he will if Brady ASKS him nicely or promises to throw him 12 targets per game? 🤣

The number #12 is critical to Brady's marketing and business interests no way he is not getting that number and if I was Godwin I would sell it to him for $1mm or the equivalent amount as an equity stake in his TB12 business; share in the commercial upside of his retirement revenue 😆

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, dashoe said:

So is this Godwins way of publicly saying he doesnt want to give up his jersey # but he will if Brady ASKS him nicely or promises to throw him 12 targets per game? 🤣

The number #12 is critical to Brady's marketing and business interests no way he is not getting that number and if I was Godwin I would sell it to him for $1mm or the equivalent amount as an equity stake in his TB12 business; share in the commercial upside of his retirement revenue 😆

Oh my ... you sure have such a woody for Brady. 

Brady wore No. 10 at Michigan and has said that No. 12 wasn't his first choice of uniform number when he entered the league.

I was 10 in college, and when I got here, [former Patriots punter] Lee Johnson was 10," Brady told reporters two years ago. "So whatever number was on my locker, which was 12, that was the one that [former Patriots equipment manager] Don Brocher gave me."

When New England released Lee, Brady said he thought about switching to No. 10 but ultimately decided to stay with No. 12.

Rookie wide receiver Scotty Miller currently wears No. 10 for the Buccaneers.

Edited by shakestreet
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Brady wore No. 10 at Michigan and has said that No. 12 wasn't his first choice of uniform number when he entered the league.

I was 10 in college, and when I got here, [former Patriots punter] Lee Johnson was 10," Brady told reporters two years ago. "So whatever number was on my locker, which was 12, that was the one that [former Patriots equipment manager] Don Brocher gave me."

When New England released Lee, Brady said he thought about switching to No. 10 but ultimately decided to stay with No. 12.

Since his rookie year as a 6th rd pick who was on the bench and no one cared about his number preferences because the probability was high he would never be the starter; you do know he has built a business model, intellectual property, trademarks, etc based on the #12, as in TB12? 

Do you really think Brady and his business managers are not going to secure the 12 and protect his business interests? I state facts not fanboy fiction.🤣

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

That was before TB12 was a thing though, and before he was TOM BRADY. He'll get his number. Godwin would be a dummy to refuse it...

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

Since his rookie year as a 6th rd pick who was on the bench and no one cared about his number preferences because the probability was high he would never be the starter; you do know he has built a business model, intellectual property, trademarks, etc based on the #12, as in TB12? 

Do you really think Brady and his business managers are not going to secure the 12 and protect his business interests? I state facts not fanboy fiction.🤣

I wasn’t telling you Tom doesn’t give a crap about #12. I was trying to educate why Tom was given #12. I love how you need to mention that Godwin should ask for a 1M or a stake in the TB12 market... jealous ? For sure no doubt about it,.. 👍

No $h*t we all know if Tom wants #12 Godwin will gladly give that up because what every player in the NFL is a a chance to get to the Super Bowl and Tom is the guy to lead the Buccaneers. Without Tom, Godwin and the rest of the Buccaneers team all know they don’t have a chance. Bang boom 💥 😁

2 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

That was before TB12 was a thing though, and before he was TOM BRADY. He'll get his number. Godwin would be a dummy to refuse it...

TB10 sounds just as good

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

I wasn’t telling you Tom doesn’t give a crap about #12. I was trying to educate why Tom was given #12. I love how you need to mention that Godwin should ask for a 1M or a stake in the TB12 market... jealous ? For sure no doubt about it,.. 👍

No $h*t we all know if Tom wants #12 Godwin will gladly give that up because what every player in the NFL is a a chance to get to the Super Bowl and Tom is the guy to lead the Buccaneers. Without Tom, Godwin and the rest of the Buccaneers team all know they don’t have a chance. Bang boom 💥 😁

Why would I be jealous if Godwin cashes in on selling the #12 to Brady? 😂

Are you so blinded by your love of Brady that you are making up things that dont exist?

I dont know any of these players personally and their personal/professional affairs do not affect my daily life so what exactly would I be jealous about?

currently I'm focusing on is it safe to go out into the world, will American Express allow me to make a Corona check is in the mail payment this month and and when toilet paper will be back in stock 🤣

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Why would I be jealous if Godwin cashes in on selling the #12 to Brady? 😂

Are you so blinded by your love of Brady that you are making up things that dont exist?

I dont know any of these players personally and their personal/professional affairs do not affect my daily life so what exactly would I be jealous about?

currently I'm focusing on is it safe to go out into the world, will American Express allow me to make a Corona check is in the mail payment this month and and when toilet paper will be back in stock 🤣

Shake is a die-hard Patriots fan - I think he’s moved on from Tampa Bay Buccaneer Thomas Brady and onto more important football considerations, like Stidham’s chances to make it in the league.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Shake is a die-hard Patriots fan - I think he’s moved on from Tampa Bay Buccaneer Thomas Brady and onto more important football considerations, like Stidham’s chances to make it in the league.

Tampa Bay Bucaneers Thomas Brady -A.K.A   TBBTB. . .  or TBTB for short. . .the intials are perfect matches, it must have been destiny 😆

Edited by dashoe

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

1978 one game to determine the AL east champion Yankees vs Red Sox just started on mlb .. Bucky Dent 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

1978 one game to determine the AL east champion Yankees vs Red Sox just started on mlb .. Bucky Dent 

Good ol’ (B)ucky!

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Tampa Bay Bucaneers Thomas Brady -A.K.A   TBBTB. . .  or TBTB for short. . .the intials are perfect matches, it must have been destiny 😆

TB-squared

• Haha 1

Are we talking Steve Grogan/John Hannah diehard Patriots fan or Kevin Faulk/Reche Caldwell/Junior Seau diehard Patriots fan?

All TB fantasy numbers are gonna go down.

Jameis is terrible in real life but he slings it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

All TB fantasy numbers are gonna go down.

Jameis is terrible in real life but he slings it. 

He also turns it over a ton, which kills drives and scoring opportunities. Brady’s ball security should offset any negatives from Jameis leaving. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

He also turns it over a ton, which kills drives and scoring opportunities. Brady’s ball security should offset any negatives from Jameis leaving. 

Tampa:

#4 Pass attempts 2019 and 2018

#1 Pass yards per game 2019 and 2018 

#5 pass yards per attempt 2019  and #2 in  2018

#4 pass TD's per game 2019 and 2018

#7 completions per game 2019 and #6 in 2018

It would be difficult to "offset" the volume produced in the Tampa offense with "ball security". 😂

With Brady the passing volume should decrease but the carries should increase as Brady moves the ball downfield with the efficiency that Jameis lacked.  Jameis didnt take what the defense gave him, he forced passes downfield, Brady wont force anything.  Also jameis didnt have the ability to put games away with sustained drives, again this is where runnng the ball takes over and the QB only needs to move the chains with his arm to get 1st downs and keep the clock running.

Jameis was a fantasy diamond, he fed his pass catchers with massive amounts of air yards 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Are we talking Steve Grogan/John Hannah diehard Patriots fan or Kevin Faulk/Reche Caldwell/Junior Seau diehard Patriots fan?

Stanley Morgan, Ben Coats, Wade Wilson, Tommy Hodson diehard fan: from 1990-93 when they a combined went 14-50...

• Thanks 1

Hugh Millen-ating to lose that much.  Seems like such a long time ago...

23 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

TIA

Greg Auman

@gregauman

Bucs have restructured the contract of tight end Cameron Brate to keep him in Tampa. He was due to make $6 million in 2020, and $4m of that would have been guaranteed today. 27 TDs in last five years, and a key target for Tom Brady this fall. Details to come.

• Like 1