1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

11 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Greg Auman

@gregauman

Bucs have restructured the contract of tight end Cameron Brate to keep him in Tampa. He was due to make $6 million in 2020, and $4m of that would have been guaranteed today. 27 TDs in last five years, and a key target for Tom Brady this fall. Details to come.

• Haha 1

Brate+Howard in the redzone significantly helps Brady's TD totals. Fantasy wise i'm avoiding both of the Te's unless it's a end of draft pick up for giggles and expect people to over pay for Howard in the draft

• Haha 3

So who is incoming to help Brady in the backfield?

Dion lewis, Freeman,Hyde,Miller,Thompson, Riddick, Beastmode?

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

The draft hopefully. Unless they feel like trading for one Leveon Bell 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

The draft hopefully. Unless they feel like trading for one Leveon Bell 

Rojo+ a rookie pass protect an immobile 43yr old QB. I doubt it😂

6 hours ago, BMcP said:

Greg Auman

@gregauman

Bucs have restructured the contract of tight end Cameron Brate to keep him in Tampa. He was due to make $6 million in 2020, and $4m of that would have been guaranteed today. 27 TDs in last five years, and a key target for Tom Brady this fall. Details to come.

The shoe yoh were you wrong. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, dashoe said:

Brate+Howard in the redzone significantly helps Brady's TD totals. Fantasy wise i'm avoiding both of the Te's unless it's a end of draft pick up for giggles and expect people to over pay for Howard in the draft

Cut to the chase you are avoiding every player in Tampa. 

wash rinse repeat spin cycle 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Cut to the chase you are avoiding every player in Tampa. 

wash rinse repeat spin cycle 

Nope. The wrong read as usual from you.  I like Godwin. . a lot  and I will probably like whatever rb they make  primary if thye come at a cheap price because this is after all still a Bruce Arians offense.😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

The shoe yoh were you wrong. 

I was wrong about what? That i think the Bucs  would trade one of their TE's by cut day?

I was wrong about a prediction because it was obvious to the world that Brate would choose to take a resturctured deal  of 2mm less rather than be cut/traded but keep in mind there is no mention of a no trade clause so he could very well still be traded or cut by cut day or even OJ could be traded with his 5th year option to another team 😂

Ok, geez you got me. . . you win the "you were wrong" prize 🤣

Yes because the season is now starting this minute and it is too late for Tampa to trade OJ Howard...

Interesting that the Raiders were in play up to the final week.

I also read that Tom Brady, when summoned to a night meeting with Robert Kraft right before his contract voided, assumed he was attending to sign the long-term offer Kraft had intervened to swing for him.

If true, we can assume Brady was gunning for leverage with the Pats all along, and did not actually want to leave New England. 

22 hours ago, dashoe said:

They are going to draft someone to go along with RoJo and Dare O. A Dion Lewis reunion definitely seems possible tho.

1 minute ago, paulwall29 said:

They are going to draft someone to go along with RoJo and Dare O. A Dion Lewis reunion definitely seems possible tho.

Dion is headed to the Giants.

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Dion is headed to the Giants.

Im wondering why hes going to the Giants....Behind an already 3down back in Barkley. Dion musta had absolutely no other teams interested in him.

• Thanks 1

Maybe Dion Lewis saw what Brady has left during the Titans recent playoff win up in New England, and had no desire to play with him.

• Haha 3

Lets hope Brady can have a personality in his last 2 seasons like the GOAT had his entire career😉

14 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Lets hope Brady can have a personality in his last 2 seasons like the GOAT had his entire career😉

Peyton has to have a personality and appear on commercials, ect.. constantly so no one forgets him and his 2 SB wins. 

2 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Peyton has to have a personality and appear on commercials, ect.. constantly so no one forgets him and his 2 SB wins. 

If Tom Brady walked down the middle of Fifth Avenue he could shoot someone. . . and no one would recognize him 🤣

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

If Tom Brady walked down the middle of Fifth Avenue he could shoot someone. . . and no one would recognize him 🤣

🤣

33 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

🤣

🤣

But Brady's focus is on getting up to speed on the Bucs' system and immersing himself in their culture -- from learning coach Bruce Arians' playbook to knowing the preferences of wide receivers Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.

👆

No mention of the TE's 😂

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

But Brady's focus is on getting up to speed on the Bucs' system and immersing himself in their culture -- from learning coach Bruce Arians' playbook to knowing the preferences of wide receivers Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.

👆

No mention of the TE's 😂

Also no mention of Arians’ scrapping his system or playbook to accommodate Tom Brady.

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

👆

No mention of the TE's 😂

That wasn’t a quote from Tom though. Just Jenna Laine’s writing...

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Also no mention of Arians’ scrapping his system or playbook to accommodate Tom Brady.

If it's the same old Arians system that Palmer and Winston ran, I'm buying Brady  as a starter for my team until he breaks 😉

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I don’t think anyone ever said Arians would scrap his playbook and system though? Some said that Arians wouldn’t change his system AT ALL to fit Brady and others disagreed with that.

Either way, for me personally - Jenna Laine’s opinion isn’t enough for me to come to any sort of conclusion.

Edited by ThreadKiller