1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

On 3/19/2020 at 1:32 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Tom Brady will be OC, no?

Or did Arians, that GM Licht or whatever his name is, bring in Brady to run Arians system?

I am not nor ever will be employed by an NFL team unfortunately but how in the world do you bring in Tom Brady for the last 2 years of his career and not give him the offense? 

Sign Melvin Gordon for his pass catching back, short hits to Godwin, seam passes to OJ Howard, occasional deep shots to Evans. Rinse and Repeat.

Arians air raid offense will get Brady hurt. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Didn’t think any of those equaled “scrap his entire system.”

Point taken though. Either way, this random ESPN writer’s opinion isn’t enough to draw any conclusions anyway so to me it’s moot.

Arians and Brady will 100% work together so that Arians system will be “altered”/“catered” to Tom’s strengths and what he likes. If not, then Arians shouldn’t be a coach in the NFL lol.

13 minutes ago, BMcP said:

My takeaway is Tampa could have kept the continuity of their offense , saved $10mm year, put Winston on a prove it $20mm contract and done a better job of calling the plays that he was strongest  and fewer where he was weakest. 😉

17 minutes ago, BMcP said:

interesting read. Thanks for sharing. Though I take all random writer’s like that with a huge grain of salt. I’m very curious who “Steven Ruiz’s” sources are who told him how Tom Brady and Bill Belichick feel about one another. It’s all speculation. No one really knows except those involved.

• Thanks 1

Chris Thompson could be a potential receiving RB signing. He'd be great for the 6 games he's healthy for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Chris Thompson could be a potential receiving RB signing. He'd be great for the 6 games he's healthy for.

lol. 6 games is the limit.

No AB-Brady reunion apparently 

26 minutes ago, BMcP said:

No AB-Brady reunion apparently 

People  were crazy for thinking that was ever going to happen. Arians has already dealt with him firsthand in Pitt. He now has a very small window with arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game, and people thought he was going to sabotage that with this nut job when he already has the best WR tandem in football? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

People  were crazy for thinking that was ever going to happen. Arians has already dealt with him firsthand in Pitt. He now has a very small window with arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game, and people thought he was going to sabotage that with this nut job when he already has the best WR tandem in football? 

Well, sure - I think Tom Brady was certainly one of those people thinking it could happen.  And others have speculated that Brady would stump for AB wherever he ended up.

On 3/24/2020 at 5:06 PM, dashoe said:

No mention of the TE's 😂

How about if Gronk joins up with TB...

30 minutes ago, MrWannaBee said:

How about if Gronk joins up with TB...

Gronk is getting paid millions by the WWE to pretend to fight once a month isn't he?

41 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Gronk is getting paid millions by the WWE to pretend to fight once a month isn't he?

You appear to be implying that WWE is...fake? 

• Haha 1

All in on Brady this year! If Manning can do it Brady can, esp with the weapons he has. 

10 minutes ago, bomont said:

All in on Brady this year! If Manning can do it Brady can, esp with the weapons he has. 

You can’t compare the GOAT to Tom Brady...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I think you mean can't compare the GOAT to Manning :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Who said anything about Montana?

Manning and Brady: same situation more or less. But Manning made stars out of half-a** WRs, where Brady doesn't have to. How typical!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bomont said:

Who said anything about Montana?

Manning and Brady: same situation more or less. But Manning made stars out of half-a** WRs, where Brady doesn't have to. How typical!

I was joking - I’m not wading into that debate.

One thing is for sure: Thomas won’t be able to complain about a lack of weapons for the remainder of his career.

Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said, "The tape to us showed that he (Tom Brady) had plenty of arm."

Licht added, "We felt that he had the ideal arm for Bruce and his system. He can still throw it deep. We felt the mobility was still the same as he’s always had, which he’s never been able to out-run anybody but he’s good in the pocket in terms of eluding pressure with his poise and his instincts. We did not see a decline in his arm talent whatsoever and in fact we felt like he could play for over two years for us. Hopefully, that’s the case." It's worth noting that the Buccaneers believe Brady is far from washed in regards to his ability to test defenses downfield. This is great news for each of Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and (maybe even) O.J. Howard.

SOURCE: Tampabay.com
Mar 30, 2020, 11:44 AM ET

•  

I can't remember the last time Brady had 4 legit receiving threats in the redzone. 2010 before Moss got traded?

Godwin: 6'1

Evans : 6'5

Brate: 6'5

Howard: 6'6

Maybe he'll throw it at the goalline a lot more than I'm expecting.

41 minutes ago, The G Man said:
Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said, "The tape to us showed that he (Tom Brady) had plenty of arm."

Licht added, "We felt that he had the ideal arm for Bruce and his system. He can still throw it deep. We felt the mobility was still the same as he’s always had, which he’s never been able to out-run anybody but he’s good in the pocket in terms of eluding pressure with his poise and his instincts. We did not see a decline in his arm talent whatsoever and in fact we felt like he could play for over two years for us. Hopefully, that’s the case." It's worth noting that the Buccaneers believe Brady is far from washed in regards to his ability to test defenses downfield. This is great news for each of Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and (maybe even) O.J. Howard.

SOURCE: Tampabay.com
Mar 30, 2020, 11:44 AM ET

•  

he is going to fire that F@ckn pigskin as Jonathon Moxon did at this father. 

On 3/25/2020 at 1:11 PM, sSektor said:

I truly think they will draft Swift, Dobbins, or Taylor with that 2nd rounder. Thompson wouldn't even make it to week 5.

Brings back memories of hearing Licht defend his decision to draft a kicker in the second round - I do think Brady will last at least a year longer than Aguayo did.

Bucs oline is trash. Tommy boy wont survive. This whole thing is going to be a failure, too bad we wont be able to see it this year though.

2 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

he is going to fire that F@ckn pigskin as Jonathon Moxon did at this father. 

81 Thoughts I Had Rewatching "Varsity Blues" As An Adult