1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

It's a stat grab to move up the all time rankings, draft at ADP and enjoy 👍

3 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Bucs oline is trash. Tommy boy wont survive. This whole thing is going to be a failure, too bad we wont be able to see it this year though.

Yeah maybe, but you gotta remember those NE receivers could barely get any separation . It will be a different story in Tampa , big bodied elite wideouts & TE .  Quick short passes should be his bread & butter . Bruce ain't stupid , he will slide more protection for Brady & have his RB's chip block alot . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The G Man said:
Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said, "The tape to us showed that he (Tom Brady) had plenty of arm."

Licht added, "We felt that he had the ideal arm for Bruce and his system. He can still throw it deep. We felt the mobility was still the same as he’s always had, which he’s never been able to out-run anybody but he’s good in the pocket in terms of eluding pressure with his poise and his instincts. We did not see a decline in his arm talent whatsoever and in fact we felt like he could play for over two years for us. Hopefully, that’s the case." It's worth noting that the Buccaneers believe Brady is far from washed in regards to his ability to test defenses downfield. This is great news for each of Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and (maybe even) O.J. Howard.

SOURCE: Tampabay.com
Mar 30, 2020, 11:44 AM ET

•  

Hmmm but those three amigos who are glued to this thread told us numerous times Brady is 43, washed, hung up to dry and done. I can safely assume Jason Licht doesn’t read this forum or he would have never signed Tom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Yeah maybe, but you gotta remember those NE receivers could barely get any separation . It will be a different story in Tampa , big bodied elite wideouts & TE .  Quick short passes should be his bread & butter . Bruce ain't stupid , he will slide more protection for Brady & have his RB's chip block alot . 

Easier said than done. His heavy formations are not going to help Brady.

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Judging from both Arians’ and now Licht’s comments, I don’t think TB is gearing up for a departure from Arians’ signature deep-strike offense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cashvillesent said:

Easier said than done. His heavy formations are not going to help Brady.

47 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Judging from both Arians’ and now Licht’s comments, I don’t think TB is gearing up for a departure from Arians’ signature deep-strike offense.

Let's see what Tampa Bay does to beef up this O-line in the draft. 

• Like 1

Contrary to what people are saying here, the Buccs had a good offensive line last year iirc.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Lying with stats 

Hard to hurry a guy when he's hurrying himself to throw the ball to the other team.

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Yes, truly one of the better lines seen in Tampa in quite some time.  Much of that had to do with the amazing turnaround of Ryan Jensen from one of the worst centers in the game to basically the best - seemingly out of nowhere - last season.  The tackles are average at best and Cappa at RG is still learning and doesn’t seem to have a high ceiling.  

I’d be willing to bet they will make upgrading the right side of the line a priority - they’re pretty much stuck with Smith at LT for the time being.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Hard to hurry a guy when he's hurrying himself to throw the ball to the other team.

it was clear to me from watching them that Jameis was forced to move off his spot without time to read progressions more often than not.  And when he wasn’t forced- he was jumpy enough to throw it up at questionable times.   

And their running game was terrible.   Calling TB O- line top 10 is a misrepresentation of the truth. 

PFF is too reliant on cherrypicked analytics imo.    For example...They have Zack Moss as rb1 in this upcoming class despite a bevy of uber-athletes putting up stunning numbers in top conferences.   

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Impreza178 said:

it was clear to me from watching them that Jameis was forced to move off his spot without time to read progressions more often than not.  And when he wasn’t forced- he was jumpy enough to throw it up at questionable times.   

And their running game was terrible.   Calling TB O- line top 10 is a misrepresentation of the truth. 

PFF is too reliant on cherrypicked analytics imo.    For example...They have Zack Moss as rb1 in this upcoming class despite a bevy of uber-athletes putting up stunning numbers in top conferences.   

I agree.

But that post was just intended to a be a little joke.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I agree.

But that post was just intended to a be a little joke.

For sure... Just a good opportunity to explain “lying with stats”.  :)

people throw around PFF rankings like they’re the authority.   Just one aspect of how to analyze a player

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

funny how the unquestionable times and non-jumpy situations provided for the most bizarrely entertaining interceptions. sad to realize the new Bucs' QB will not be providing that level of entertainment.

26 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Can't wait to see the impact OJ Howard will have on Tom Brady.

can't wait to see the impact tom brady will have on oj howard

that dynasty hold may finally pay off

• Like 1

Brady has made some poor OLines look like top-10 units in NE because of his knowledge and ability to get the ball out so quickly. Tampa has a couple building blocks, especially in Marpet, so I wouldn't expect Brady to struggle that much. And the receiving weapons are definitely a boon. They are going to add RB's.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Hmmm but those three amigos who are glued to this thread told us numerous times Brady is 43, washed, hung up to dry and done. I can safely assume Jason Licht doesn’t read this forum or he would have never signed Tom. 

I can safely assume that Bill Belichick reads this forum, because he made no effort whatsoever to keep Brady: https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2020/03/tom-brady-rumors-bill-belichick-finally-called-patriots-qb-and-it-didnt-go-well-report.html

Or....maybe....he just happened to stumble upon the lengthy list of quarterbacks that have put up 1000+ passing yards at the age of 43:

M59Qo.jpg

Who's making the right call here? Bill Belichick or Jason Licht? I don't know...

Amigos.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

I can safely assume that Bill Belichick reads this forum, because he made no effort whatsoever to keep Brady: https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2020/03/tom-brady-rumors-bill-belichick-finally-called-patriots-qb-and-it-didnt-go-well-report.html

Or....maybe....he just happened to stumble upon the lengthy list of quarterbacks that have put up 1000+ passing yards at the age of 43:

M59Qo.jpg

Who's making the right call here? Bill Belichick or Jason Licht? I don't know...

Amigos.gif

Smart aleckss remark with a great pic.. ... I like it. I sure hope there is football this year so we can have a crow eating contest. 

Game On 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Smart aleckss remark with a great pic.. ... I like it. I sure hope there is football this year so we can have a crow eating contest. 

Game On 

Which aleckss will prove smarter...only time will tell now...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Im starting to come around on brady in TB. As long as the OL holds up he should have a pretty good year

How are pats fans taking the brady move?

Edited by bhawks489

2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Im starting to come around on brady in TB. As long as the OL holds up he should have a pretty good year

New the days of Brady were going to end soon, was hoping for 1 or 2 more years but you have to move on

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

probably more fun to ask how BILLS' fans are taking the brady move

tenor.gif 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4