1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I understood that reference GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Of course he does - he’s from Boston.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I havent seen any FA signings from the Pats that allow me to believe they will not tank this year. The offensive weapons are still below average.

If BB wins the SB with Stidham, I will legit howl.

1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I havent seen any FA signings from the Pats that allow me to believe they will not tank this year. The offensive weapons are still below average.

It's either tanking or Bill legitmately thinks Stidham can become elite.

42 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I’ll be an even bigger hoodie fan if he gives the nfl the finger and blatantly tanks 

• Haha 2

Tom Brady gets the number 12 from Chris Godwin.  Fire up the hype machine!!

I will be giving Brady a skip if there is a season in 2020.  If Tampa drafts a good receiving running back, though?

5 hours ago, sSektor said:

Brady is Elite but still the offense was stagnant still...

• Haha 1

Brady tells his side of the story:

"What I could control is trying to be the best I could be in both of those situations also. I got into uncharted territory as an athlete because I started to break the mold of what so many other athletes had experienced, so I got to the point where I was an older athlete and he's starting to plan for the future, which is what his responsibility is. I don't fault him for that. That's what he should be doing. That's what every coach should be doing. Not that I would ever coach, but if I was ever in a position of authority, I would understand that too."

...and predictably rejects the argument for him being a system quarterback.

"I think it's a pretty (expletive) argument actually that people would say that, because again, I can't do his job, and he can't do mine," Brady said. "The fact you could say, 'Would I be successful without him, the same level of success?' I don't believe I would have been. But I feel the same vice versa, as well. To have him allowed me to be the best I can be, so I'm grateful for that. I very much believe that he feels the same way about me, because we've expressed that to each other."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-tells-howard-stern-he-feels-no-resentment-towards-bill-belichick-no-absolutely-not/

Did someone ask about Brady’s proclivity for cheating?  I’d be far more interested in that than anything he says about his former team.

• Haha 1

If the 2020 season does not happen, I am going to be so mad!  This Tampa season is going to be one of the great train wrecks in modern sports history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

Did someone ask about Brady’s proclivity for cheating?  I’d be far more interested in that than anything he says about his former team.

What I find the most interesting is how he was able to play better after being accused of ”cheating”. With the eyes of the entire sporting world on him, on the biggest stage in the world, under extraordinary pressure, he made his accusers look plain silly by being even more dominant.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

What I find the most interesting is how he was able to play better after being accused of ”cheating”. With the eyes of the entire sporting world on him, on the biggest stage in the world, under extraordinary pressure, he made his accusers look plain silly by being even more dominant.

Those four receptions in the year of our Lord 2019 sure helped fantasy owners.

In 2019 Brady was even more dominant?  Uh...he was actually pretty bad.  And, yes, that was while his team was cheating.  "Let's just erase this tape and pretend the whole thing never happened..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tom Brady relayed what he told Bill Belichick when a receiver wasn't dependable: "I don't have any trust that this guy can help us win the game. If you put him out there, I'm not going to throw him the ball." Said Belichick always saw it the same way.

I'm about 50 minutes in, and this is a seriously good interview.

I never guessed Brady would be listening to Howard Stern (of all people), but Howard - if nothing else - is very good at his job, and asks a lot of the same questions that i [probably] would have. Great listen, if you have the time.

• Haha 1

I am not ever going to have time to listen to one of the planet's biggest egos talking on and on about himself for 2 hours and 11 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am not ever going to have time to listen to one of the planet's biggest egos talking on and on about himself for 2 hours and 11 minutes.

Its worth it just to hear Howard trying to provoke a media-savvy NFL vet into saying something controversial. Brady didn't take the bait, unfortunately.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:33 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

The guy who has taken pay cuts the past 15 years has a huge ego? LOL

It’s Brady’s absence of ego which has allowed his teams around him to be so great for so long. The biggest egos insist on being paid the most, no matter how it may hurt the rest of their team (Peyton Manning being the biggest example).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, joshua18 said:

The guy who has taken pay cuts the past 15 years has a huge ego? LOL

It’s Brady’s absence of ego which has allowed his teams around him to be so great for so long. The biggest egos insist on being paid the most, no matter how it may hurt the rest of their team (Peyton Manning being the biggest example).

The guy who started an entire “TB12” product and is now taking it with him to to his new home in Tampa, FL?  Who knew this guy had an ego?

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

The guy who started an entire “TB12” product and is now taking it with him to to his new home in Tampa, FL?  Who knew this guy had an ego?

Coulda been worse, he could have shoved endless pizza and insurance commercials down our throats to remind us who he was between games on Sundays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sSektor said:

Coulda been worse, he could have shoved endless pizza and insurance commercials down our throats to remind us who he was between games on Sundays.

True that.

But I wonder why he wasn’t invited - other than to falsely announce he wasn’t going anywhere during a SB commercial for Hulu.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

True that.

But I wonder why he wasn’t invited - other than to falsely announce he wasn’t going anywhere during a SB commercial for Hulu.

Gisele is probably far above letting her husband do lowly pizza and car insurance commercials.

I wish it was sarcasm but it's probably 100% the case.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

He had some shoes he was hawking a few years back.  Uggs or something?  Are shoes more high-falutin' than pizza and insurance?

Edited by SharkSwimmer

16 hours ago, sSektor said:

That's because Peyton connects with the average American. Brady does not.

peytonaverageamerican.jpg

• Haha 1