1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

29 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Are these hypotheticals or actual players?  Interesting way to look at this issue.  

They're Tom Brady's career split into roughly equal thirds lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Eli Manning has never been a top 5 qb any year in the league.   

2011?

Just now, sSektor said:

LOL.

It's interesting because I would say "Player B" was peak Tom Brady as an individual contributor.

"Player A" contributed to what may have been the best teams and "Player C" was more the "second threepeat Jordan, crafty veteran who saved it for when it mattered most" type.

• Thanks 1

I thought the first 3x SB winner was Aikman.

26 minutes ago, sSektor said:

We are not talking about Hall of Very Good.  Obviously Brady will walk into Canton six years from now.

We are talking about greatest QB of all time.

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

We are not talking about Hall of Very Good.  Obviously Brady will walk into Canton six years from now.

We are talking about greatest QB of all time.

I know. Good thing the general consensus is that the guy with enough accolades for 3 HOF careers is already considered the greatest QB of all time.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Shake said:

Your lack of reading comprehension is mind boggling. You bolded the section where I said Belichick has never been to a SB as a head coach without Tom, facts by the way, and then you proceed to talk about two SB wins as an assistant coach with the Giants? Wow. 

I’m not downgrading anything necessarily as I said earlier, I just find it interesting that Belichick never had success as a head coach without Tom. 1 playoff appearance in 5 seasons with the Browns who had been to the playoffs 5 of 6 seasons before he got there, 5-11 with the Patriots in 2000 while having Bledsoe at QB, and missed the playoffs in 2008 when Tom was hurt, granted they were 11-5 but that’s 5 games worse than the 16-0 they went in 2007 with Brady.

In 7 seasons as a head coach without Tom Brady as his starter he went to the playoffs 1 time and only had 2 winning seasons.

These are facts, this is an unbiased look at the history of Belichick as a head coach without Brady, we have no evidence of Brady without Belichick at this moment. Maybe Brady will fall on his face and be terrible the next 2 years, maybe Belichick wins 2 more SBs the next 2 seasons but for now this is what we have to go on.  It’s unfortunate that Brady haters, which you clearly are, and there are quite a few in this thread can not be unbiased in your assessment of one of the greatest QBs to ever play.

BTW, not a Patriots fan. No need to be a fan of that team to enjoy watching one the greatest to ever play the game.

The point was that Belichick actually accomplished something before he met Brady. To completely ignore those 2 super bowl wins is disingenuous. I wasn't disagreeing with you, i was giving readers a complete picture of Belichick's coaching record.

You're also not mentioning the Browns' being in a state of turmoil when Belichick was head coach - the club was in the process of being moved to Baltimore. Not exactly normal circumstances. Your so-called 'unbiased look' is leaving out some pretty big details there.

idk man. if you enjoyed watching Brady play, then you could at least appreciate his coach a little more...idk. maybe i'm expecting too much

20 hours ago, sSektor said:

6 vs 2

This is all anybody is going to care about decades down the line. Maybe you can start a change.org petition to change the overwhelming public perception or something.

I don't have to.

The media selected Peyton Manning as an all-pro more times than Brady. The players selected him as a pro-bowler the same number of times as Brady (in fewer seasons). And the fans, well...we're having this discussion right now, aren't we? 😀

Decades down the line, the argument around Brady's greatness will be a lot like this thread.. Right now, there's overwhelming sympathy, because he's at the end of his career. I have no issue with that, btw. He's a great QB and deserves to be celebrated. Just not at the expense of other equally good, or superior HOF QBs. Or his own HOF coach...and HOF-worthy team-mates.

Because i'm a nice guy, and i see this as public service....let me help you and all the other Brady-fans come up with an actual argument. 

If you wanna argue that Brady is better than Peyton Manning, all you have to say is the following...

Tom Brady was always less likely to throw an interception than Peyton Manning. I just looked up the numbers, Tom Brady's INT% is an extraordinarily low 1.79%. He's one of only 2 QBs - Aaron Rodgers being the other - with an INT% under 2. This record will stand for a long time.

Amazingly, Brady never threw more than 14 INTs in a single season. He had ONE game with 3 or more interceptions in 15 years. He had 8 games TOTAL - in his entire career - with 3 or more INTs. Peyton had...20. 

THIS is what makes Brady a great QB. Not the rings. He was always dependable, made very few mistakes, never took any crazy risks and very rarely (if ever!) had a truly bad game (like this one, for example https://www.chargers.com/video/tbt-chargers-force-six-ints-from-peyton-manning

This is how Brady won all those rings, and this is what he will be remembered for.

You're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

The media selected Peyton Manning as an all-pro more times than Brady. The players selected him as a pro-bowler the same number of times as Brady (in fewer seasons). And the fans, well...we're having this discussion right now, aren't we? 😀

Decades down the line, the argument around Brady's greatness will be a lot like this thread.. Right now, there's overwhelming sympathy, because he's at the end of his career. I have no issue with that, btw. He's a great QB and deserves to be celebrated. Just not at the expense of other equally good, or superior HOF QBs. Or his own HOF coach...and HOF-worthy team-mates.

QB consistently surrounded by elite receiving talent wins more regular season accolades who woulda thought. Brady also won MVPs when surrounded by comparable talent so the value of regular season accolades doesn't hold much weight. Since you want to value the medias opinion, they also already declared Brady the GOAT since 2017. As for fan discussion, I don't think a small fantasy football forum with a handful of active members during the offseason is a good sample size of what the general fan consensus is. Try to bring up this topic on any large forum and it would get laughed into obscurity because most people think it's a dead argument.

Did Manning get sympathy from the media when his corpse was dragged to a final SB in 2015? I forgot. I don't think most people thought Brady was done when he was declared the GOAT by the media after the Falcons SB. Not sure where the sympathy was there. Is he only getting that sympathy now after signing with another team at 43?

• Thanks 1

Isn’t there already a “Brady vs. Manning” thread?

23 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Isn’t there already a “Brady vs. Manning” thread?

Why is there no general football discussion thread for stuff that isn't exactly fantasy focused? 

8 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Why is there no general football discussion thread for stuff that isn't exactly fantasy focused? 

there could be...

i for one enjoy having anything to discuss anywhere right now lol

• Like 5

Just now, Impreza178 said:

there could be...

i for one enjoy having anything to discuss anywhere right now lol

"What is the greatest play in NFL history, and why is it this?"

John Elway helicopters into Super Bowl lore - The San Diego Union ...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

"What is the greatest play in NFL history, and why is it this?"

John Elway helicopters into Super Bowl lore - The San Diego Union ...

brings a tear to the eye 😢 

• Like 1

Today, April 16th, is Bill Belichick's 68th birthday and the 20-year anniversary of the Patriots using their 6th round of the 2000 NFL Draft on Tom Brady.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Today, April 16th, is Bill Belichick's 68th birthday and the 20-year anniversary of the Patriots using their 6th round of the 2000 NFL Draft on Tom Brady.

yeah that's a nice result for a 6th rounder, But this year you could have got Nuk, Watson and O'Brien's first born if you asked him.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Are you implying Bucs legend Tom Brady wasn't drafted by the Bucs?

• Haha 2

Who will be the more successful late-career Buc, Tom Brady or Vinnie Testeverde?

9 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Who will be the more successful late-career Buc, Tom Brady or Vinnie Testeverde?

Brady at 42 topped Testeverde's numbers at 42, 43 and 44 combined, I think that one's already done.

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Brady at 42 topped Testeverde's numbers at 42, 43 and 44 combined, I think that one's already done.

It was more of a satirical comparison.

• Like 1

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

It was more of a satirical comparison.

Shoot, had again.

The great thing about having opinion is that it is totally subjective, and no one can tell you that an opinion is "right" or "wrong" only that they disagree and hold their own.

Except for you DHC.  That is wrong.

• Haha 2

On 4/14/2020 at 6:31 PM, Impreza178 said:

1- Peyton 

2- Montana

3- Brady 

4- Elway

5- Marino

For two reasons-  1...i don’t care much for “rings” when determining the GOAT QB.   Rings-  in football more than any other sport is a team award.   2...Only one qb amongst the top 3 redefined what a qb could be without a GOAT coach running the show for most of his career.  

😆 thanks for the laugh. Anything helps during quarantine.

• Like 2

For teams planning to select Brady in fantasy football this season, a strong 2nd and possibly 3rd QB is a wise investment.  Bigger, stronger QBs than Brady have been beaten to a pulp in Arians system.  Doubt Tommy makes it to week 17.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

😆 thanks for the laugh. Anything helps during quarantine.

I know right?

Imagine not having Elway #1.  😤

• Thanks 1