1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

Evans, Godwin AND Gronk?

That would be a terrifying redzone proposition for any defense.

Wow Bucs are going to be filthy in the Redzone , 3 headed monster , man or zone doesn’t matter ... teams will get crushed. 

lol And I was made fun of for drafting brady in the 15 round of a new dynasty leagues this year. Brady will have like 5456545 passing TD's especially with addition of gronk

26 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Wow Bucs are going to be filthy in the Redzone , 3 headed monster , man or zone doesn’t matter ... teams will get crushed. 

Didn’t Brate have more TDs off of 17 fewer targets last season than Gronk had in his last season with a younger Brady plus Belichick?

Posted (edited)

Ahhh it all makes sense now. The pats are trading Edelman to the Bucs as well for a 3rd

Edited by SyNdicateZ

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Didn’t Brate have more TDs off of 17 fewer targets last season than Gronk had in his last season with a younger Brady plus Belichick?

I guess yeah , don’t really follow Brate . But who were the Pats receivers at the time, Edelman and a bunch of nobodies. Not even close to the 2 studs in Evans & Godwin. In a vacuum Gronk>Brate all day brodie, few will argue that . I still don’t think Gronk will be running many routes in Tampa, more of a 3rd down / RZ threat if anything. Godwin did alot of pass blocking last year , maybe Rob takes more of those duties this season. To keep his legs fresh ... not really sure though, but honestly not a bad idea. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

Bucs trading for Gronk seems to be an obvious indicator of Arians giving Brady some level of control over his system.

So Brady has to be back in the overall top 5 for QB rankings now, doesn’t he? I could see him as a 4th/5th round pick, or in my auction leagues going for around $20-30

• Haha 1

Did you watch any of Gronk's games in 2018?  It looked like he was running in quicksand.

The acquisition of Gronk by the Bucs, quite exciting to the casual fan, is actually one of two things:

Sheer incompetence to waste a 4th round pick and $9 million on an over the hill player;

And/or

A fairly harmless way to make Brady feel that Brady has some input and control.  Just wait until Gronk stays in to block 90% of the time.  Gronk is a good blocker.  Or was.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

The Tom haters (you know who you are) will be crying all year ... Super Bowl bound again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

The Tom haters (you know who you are) will be crying all year ... Super Bowl bound again

And this is why Vegas builds pyramids, castles, and Roman palaces.  The betting public are, sadly, mostly morons.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

So Brady has to be back in the overall top 5 for QB rankings now, doesn’t he? I could see him as a 4th/5th round pick, or in my auction leagues going for around $20-30

I still don’t see how an age-43, immobile QB transitioning to a new system coached by a vertically minded Arians behind a suspect line cracks top-5.  Leaving aside Jackson and Mahomes, he’s still need to beat out the likes of Watson, Allen, Brees, Rodgers, Watson, etc.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I still don’t see how an age-43, immobile QB transitioning to a new system coached by a vertically minded Arians behind a suspect line cracks top-5.  Leaving aside Jackson and Mahomes, he’s still need to beat out the likes of Watson, Allen, Brees, Rodgers, Watson, etc.

There are 2 Watson QB"s in the league?

58 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Not really sure how you can exclude Brady with vastly improved weapons from a possible top 5 finish but also include Rodgers and Brees.

It's Jackson, Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Murray then the rest as far as I'm concerned.

11 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

There are 2 Watson QB"s in the league?

My bad - Wilson

6 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Not really sure how you can exclude Brady with vastly improved weapons from a possible top 5 finish but also include Rodgers and Brees.

It's Jackson, Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Murray then the rest as far as I'm concerned.

Ookay.  Sounds like you’re doing the same - am I wrong?

8 minutes ago, sSektor said:

They both will have improved weapons - but are better right now than Brady is.

Just now, BMcP said:

Ookay.  Sounds like you’re doing the same - am I wrong?

I was more just surprised you think Rodgers and Brees are legitimately a threat to have top 5 seasons over the other suspects. I don't think Brady with his current cast would be hard pressed to out produce Rodgers and Brees, 43 or not.

That being said if I decided to take a QB early my rankings for this season would be: Lamar, Mahomes, Watson, Kyler, then a push between Brady or Wilson.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

with empty stadiums

8 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I was more just surprised you think Rodgers and Brees are legitimately a threat to have top 5 seasons over the other suspects. I don't think Brady with his current cast would be hard pressed to out produce Rodgers and Brees, 43 or not.

That being said if I decided to take a QB early my rankings for this season would be: Lamar, Mahomes, Watson, Kyler, then a push between Brady or Wilson.

Ok.  I can understand that.

Rodgers, in my opinion, still remains one of the best pure QBs in the league.  He’s over half a decade younger than Brady, has a better play-caller, has an elite WR and RB, and has an influx of talent coming.  He’s also mobile and has shown an uncanny ability to create outside the structure of the play.  And he plays behind a better line.

I think a lot of the same applies to Brees here.

Brady is 43 - uncharted territory for a starting QB for a full season.  Behind a line in need of upgrades, adjusting to a new scheme and playbook in what will be an abbreviated off-season, with a coach who has proven to be resistant to change, and focuses on a vertical approach (which Brady has struggled at in recent years), with a beat-up, starting TE who’s been out of the league for a year who is underweight, who didn’t perform well last time he was in the league in the passing game, without a safety-valve RB like White, etc.

12 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I can see that.  But wow, I would take a mobile, inventive QB like Wilson over Brady any day of the week.  I think the injury risk associated with a QB playing for Arians alone would tip the scales alone.