1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I can see that.  But wow, I would take a mobile, inventive QB like Wilson over Brady any day of the week.  I think the injury risk associated with a QB playing for Arians alone would tip the scales alone.

My biggest problem with all 3 of them is their coaching staff. Packers are looking run heavy again, Seahawks will force the run until they're down by 3 scores, and Sean Payton has an unstoppable urge to force Taysom to be the star at the goalline.

8 minutes ago, sSektor said:

My biggest problem with all 3 of them is their coaching staff. Packers are looking run heavy again, Seahawks will force the run until they're down by 3 scores, and Sean Payton has an unstoppable urge to force Taysom to be the star at the goalline.

GB was almost exactly average in pass attempts. As was NO.  TB was 4th.  I’m sure that will stay high so long as Brady stays healthy.  But those guys run - Brady doesn’t - at all.

Also, Brady is old and bad.

• Haha 1

Where does Brady go now in drafts with Gronk in the fold?  I suspect he's out of my price range now but I could be wrong.

12 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

"Did you watch any of Gronk's games in 2018? It looked like he was running in quicksand. The acquisition of Gronk by the Bucs, quite exciting to the casual fan, is actually one of two things: Sheer incompetence to waste a 4th round pick and $9 million on an over the hill player; And/or a fairly harmless way to make Brady feel that Brady has some input and control. Just wait until Gronk stays in to block 90% of the time. Gronk is a good blocker. Or was."

Exactly, down the stretch Gronk was often praised for his blocking... lined up alongside Mike Evans (a DB magnet), better protection, better consistency in the run game, up on the scoreboard, it's possible Gronk could reinvent himself. If he's just having to beat LBs now, often the block/release option on the back side of run action, as mentioned, now one of several post up options in the red-zone, why not? Problem there, that's not a guy making your offense go. That's a guy benefitting from it, thus, a guy you can get off the scrap heap.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Where does Brady go now in drafts with Gronk in the fold?  I suspect he's out of my price range now but I could be wrong.

Hype off the charts.  Number one overdrafted overpriced player in all of fantasy football.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hype off the charts.  Number one overdrafted overpriced player in all of fantasy football.  

yes, but with this receiving crew I think average QBs would score well. Then you realize he’s been to a Super Bowl nine times. My guess is the hype is warranted. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

yes, but with this receiving crew I think average QBs would score well. Then you realize he’s been to a Super Bowl nine times. My guess is the hype is warranted. 

How do you feel about Brady and Gronk on the TB Buccaneers?  Avast and prepare to be boarded!

Just now, PizzaBeerFF said:

I think you look at the declining yards and TDs per game and at 43 it's fair to wonder how much of it was a deteriorating supporting cast and how much was a deteriorating skill set.

Team's loaded, of course.  But if the hype train causes him to go in the first five rounds in some drafts for instance, well I'm gonna have to think about that.  Who are you missing out on to draft a 43 year old QB in a one QB league?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BMcP said:

How do you feel about Brady and Gronk on the TB Buccaneers?  Avast and prepare to be boarded!

Disappointed for the Pats, but happy for both players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Disappointed for the Pats, but happy for both players. 

Stidham, baby.  Stidham.

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Stidham, baby.  Stidham.

I think they will draft another. Not sure who. But for some reason I think Hurts fits in with the picks they have. Maybe they bite on Love or Eason in round 1. I can’t see Tua getting through to 23. But my guess is they go with and edge/olb round 1 and add Hurts later. 

16 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I think they will draft another. Not sure who. But for some reason I think Hurts fits in with the picks they have. Maybe they bite on Love or Eason in round 1. I can’t see Tua getting through to 23. But my guess is they go with and edge/olb round 1 and add Hurts later. 

If they decide to package a pick to trade up for Hurts, I could see it.

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Where do you see him going? 

Just now, PizzaBeerFF said:

Where do you see him going? 

Mid-second

Just now, BMcP said:

Mid-second

Who falls then... Eason or Love or Fromm? Or you think they all go before the third?

10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I don't know that I could think of a more Jalen Hurts story than being the first Patriots QB that followed Tom Brady, except if he were injured and Stidham turned out to win MVP.

Posted (edited)

I actually feel like Hurts is underrated- I have no idea where he goes, but it will be interesting to follow

Edited by BMcP

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I actually feel like Hurts is underrated- I have no idea where he goes, but it will be interesting to follow

He’s Marcus Mariota basically.     Don’t waste the pick 

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Ouch.

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Mariota was a lot more impressive to me at Oregon.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Mariota was a lot more impressive to me at Oregon.

Good college qbs,  not elite at anything. Tyrod Taylor,  Mariota, Trubisky all come to mind 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Good college qbs,  not elite at anything. Tyrod Taylor,  Mariota, Trubisky all come to mind 

Leinart, Harrington...

Anyone want to bet against Bucs-Chiefs being the opener?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Tyrod is closest I believe. But I am not sure that is a bad thing. I believe the Pats coaching staff can coach up a qb.