1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Tyrod is closest I believe. But I am not sure that is a bad thing. I believe the Pats coaching staff can coach up a qb. 

Indeed you are correct.  After all, the Patriots CS has managed to win six Superbowls with a half-way decent quarterback named Brady somethingorother.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2020 at 2:29 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

I think most of the Patriot 20 year bandwagon fans are going to switch to being Buc fans this year for some odd reason...

I've been a Pats/Texans fan for a bit. Now it will be Pats/Texans/Bucs. Not at all. People can like more than one team.

32 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Indeed you are correct.  After all, the Patriots CS has managed to win six Superbowls with a half-way decent quarterback named Brady somethingorother.

Yes. But I bet Bellicheck loves Eason. Big powerful arm with lack of mobility. Then you have love that throws the best ball in the class evidently, however inconsistent on his reads. Then you have Fromm that lacks arm strength but manages well. I feel like Hurts is not as good in anyone area as those I mentioned... but is a combo solid B in all areas. I believe they can work with that. The wildcard is Eason... if he is available at 23 the Pats might pull the trigger. I wish they would draft stud edge guy, then a TE, then a war, then Hurts. But it might not fall this way. So be it. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Yes. But I bet Bellicheck loves Eason. Big powerful arm with lack of mobility. Then you have love that throws the best ball in the class evidently, however inconsistent on his reads. Then you have Fromm that lacks arm strength but manages well. I feel like Hurts is not as good in anyone area as those I mentioned... but is a combo solid B in all areas. I believe they can work with that. The wildcard is Eason... if he is available at 23 the Pats might pull the trigger. I wish they would draft stud edge guy, then a TE, then a war, then Hurts. But it might not fall this way. So be it. 

Anyone who would blow a pick hoping a qb could be Tyrod Taylor needs to have their heads examined.    No offense of course 😆 

Backups can be signed any offseason without spending a cent of draft capital.  

Edited by Impreza178

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Anyone who would blow a pick hoping a qb could be Tyrod Taylor needs to have their heads examined.    No offense of course 😆 

Backups can be signed any offseason without spending a cent of draft capital.  

A late third round was what I was thinking. You think a late third round pick for Hurts is a bad investment? My guess is you would have thought a sixth round pick for a qb was a bad investment, even though he won six super bowls. 

4 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

A late third round was what I was thinking. You think a late third round pick for Hurts is a bad investment? My guess is you would have thought a sixth round pick for a qb was a bad investment, even though he won six super bowls. 

I fail to see any similarities between Brady and Hurts.   Thinking you can just go down to the qb discount store and coach up the next TB12 seems like a poor bet.  

So I hope NE does this 

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I fail to see any similarities between Brady and Hurts.   Thinking you can just go down to the qb discount store and coach up the next TB12 seems like a poor bet.  

So I hope NE does this 

I fail to see any comparisons to Brady at all. Come back to the real world please. 

Pats will be able to trade up for Tua with all their draft assets.

34 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Pats will be able to trade up for Tua with all their draft assets.

Miami would sell their souls to outbid the Pats for #3

Not off to the best of starts:

NFL teams are miffed about Tom Brady's interactions with staff members in Tampa despite restrictions. They are anticipating some stern discipline from the NFL office. Many have conveyed their dismay to league officials”

16 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Not off to the best of starts:

NFL teams are miffed about Tom Brady's interactions with staff members in Tampa despite restrictions. They are anticipating some stern discipline from the NFL office. Many have conveyed their dismay to league officials”

Ah yes the undefeated Jason La Canfora scoops.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

The other guy that throws everything he can against the wall until something sticks? No, not really. Schefter, Glazer, and Rap are the only guys really worth paying attention to for these types of things.

3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

The other guy that throws everything he can against the wall until something sticks? No, not really. Schefter, Glazer, and Rap are the only guys really worth paying attention to for these types of things.

Has to be the first time I’ve heard Rapaport mentioned as a credible source.

In any event, it’s fairly unsurprising to see Tom Brady doing Tom-Brady-like things in his new hometown.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Multiple sources-  even ones who take liberties with the facts from time to time-  is a pretty good bet.    Arians and Brady won’t give two thoughts to it unless a suspension comes.    Probably nothing. 

13 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Ah yes the undefeated Jason La Canfora scoops.

Are...you saying Brady didn't go to a house he thought was Leftwich's house, even though Brady admitted he did just that?  FYI gaslighting and changing the subject doesn't work too well here on the RW forums.  The guys are way too smart to fall for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Has to be the first time I’ve heard Rapaport mentioned as a credible source.

In any event, it’s fairly unsurprising to see Tom Brady doing Tom-Brady-like things in his new hometown.

He's no Schefter, but he's miles above Florio in the actual reporting of the facts department.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

He's no Schefter, but he's miles above Florio in the actual reporting of the facts department.

The only “fact” relevant here is that Brady was trying to meet with Leftwich - which is expressly against the rules.  And which Brady already admitted he was doing.  Quibbling about the reporter seems pointless.

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Are...you saying Brady didn't go to a house he thought was Leftwich's house, even though Brady admitted he did just that?  FYI gaslighting and changing the subject doesn't work too well here on the RW forums.  The guys are way too smart to fall for it.

Criticizing the (often wrong) source that claims stern punishment is changing the subject? Ok then.

I never denied Brady went to the guys house so not sure where that's coming from. Looks like you just saw something that could be interpreted as pro-Brady and jumped to conclusions lol

My prediction:

Goodell will "investigate" this issue for months and months longer than it could be humanly possible to take, then do nothing at all.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My prediction:

Patriots will be docked two draft picks.

Edited by fletch44

On 4/22/2020 at 4:00 PM, dmb3684 said:

I've been a Pats/Texans fan for a bit. Now it will be Pats/Texans/Bucs. Not at all. People can like more than one team.

You can like as much teams as you want but by definition that still makes you a bandwagon fan. 

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

You can like as much teams as you want but by definition that still makes you a bandwagon fan. 

Who cares? 

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

Who cares? 

Apparently you do...