1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Wow thats insane, no idea what they use to rank but Tampa was 10th worst in giving up sacks per game and the run game was abysmal as well, no idea how that equates to a top 10 OL for them hah and pretty much everyone ive spoken with believes the OL is barely average as well (we just drafted an OT in the 1st round too which was widely agreed was a huge need)

PFF must be on something good to rank them 7th best OL last year

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/offensive-line/2019

much better rankings imo ^

Yeah, I just also looked at the Sporting News O-Line rankings for 2019 and the Bucs were dead last. So this PFF seems way off. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BleachyBlonde said:

I guess I just don't have much faith in Ronald Jones and his consistency even with a Top 10 O-Line that the Bucs had in 2019. The Bucs last season had Godwin and Evans and a gunslinger in Winston so really the only new piece here is Gronk. I just have to see Ronald Jones and the rest of the Bucs RB's have success before any defense takes them serious. I do understand that Godwin, Evans and Gronk are huge weapons, but like I said they had 2 of the 3 last season and Jones and Barber were so inconsistent the Bucs running game was a headache. Will Gronk make the difference? Maybe so, we shall see.

Not like that Pats a running game last year and the Pats O-line wasn't much better after the loss of the starting C and LG and the loss of FB Devlin/and Gronk...The big difference is TB has 3 TE and a ton of weapons at WR: something Brady hasn't had in NE in a long time

It's not going to matter much because Brady is going to have a very tough time getting through 16 games.  It is not necessarily the quality of the O-line.  Arians system is all about deep passing and he tends to get his quarterbacks beat up.

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It's not going to matter much because Brady is going to have a very tough time getting through 16 games.  It is not necessarily the quality of the O-line.  Arians system is all about deep passing and he tends to get his quarterbacks beat up.

Based on what?

The last 12 years of Bruce Arians work as on OC and HC.

QBs he nearly killed:

Big Ben

Andrew Luck

Carson Palmer

Jameis Winston

Everyone one of those guys is heavier and more athletic than Cheatin' Tom.

It's going to be ugly.

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The last 12 years of Bruce Arians work as on OC and HC.

QBs he nearly killed:

Big Ben

Andrew Luck

Carson Palmer

Jameis Winston

Everyone one of those guys is heavier and more athletic than Cheatin' Tom.

It's going to be ugly.

Every one of those guys also has a significantly higher career sack rate, Arians or no.

There's something to be said for a guy who goes through his read progressions and gets the ball out as quickly as he does, regardless of the scheme they are in.  It's not as if changing schemes is going to undo 18 years of developing that ability.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Not like that Pats a running game last year and the Pats O-line wasn't much better after the loss of the starting C and LG and the loss of FB Devlin/and Gronk...The big difference is TB has 3 TE and a ton of weapons at WR: something Brady hasn't had in NE in a long time

I do think the TE's especially Gronk will be great for Brady, but honestly I think Brady has lost his down the field deep ball throwing to receivers so although WR's like Evans and Godwin have extreme talent I am skeptical on how much Brady can really utilize them unless the Bucs coaches change the scheme up a bit with them. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BleachyBlonde said:

I do think the TE's especially Gronk will be great for Brady, but honestly I think Brady has lost his down the field deep ball throwing to receivers so although WR's like Evans and Godwin have extreme talent I am skeptical on how much Brady can really utilize them unless the Bucs coaches change the scheme up a bit with them. 

He had zero WR production in New England last season and much of that had to do with the O-line  sucking and the Pats WR getting zero separation...Also he had zero production from the TE position and no running game: the only Pats players on offense to do anything were Eleman and White

Edited by hockeyfan77

1 minute ago, hockeyfan77 said:

He had zero WR production in New England last season and much of that had to do with the O-line  sucking and the Pats WR getting zero separation...Also he had zero production from the TE position and no running game: the only Pats players on offense to do anything were Eleman and White

I agree with all that you said, but that doesn't address the fact that he couldn't get the ball deep down field even if a receiver was open. His arm strength is not the same as it was.

1 minute ago, BleachyBlonde said:

I agree with all that you said, but that doesn't address the fact that he couldn't get the ball deep down field even if a receiver was open. His arm strength is not the same as it was.

It does because this pretty much never happened: I do agree his arm strength is not what it once was but it's still passable and he makes up for it by being insanely accurate which is the most important aspect of being an NFL QB   

42 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

It does because this pretty much never happened: I do agree his arm strength is not what it once was but it's still passable and he makes up for it by being insanely accurate which is the most important aspect of being an NFL QB   

I still think he is going to rely heavily on the TE's and I even though I did not watch every Patriots game last season that a receiver never broke it open over a Defensive Back. I do hope he can get the ball deep to Evans and Godwin because they are huge deep threats. 

On 4/29/2020 at 7:15 AM, SyNdicateZ said:

Tom Brady will still finish top 10qb in real life and top 5 qb in fantasy even at his age. He still can play at a very high  level.

The bucs will be able to Run alot with success. Do we think defenses will stack the box with GRONK, GODWIN, AND EVANS? The Rb's will run wild. Defenses are going to have to literally double 3 recievers every play opening up a run game oppurtunity....

Brady's ability to read a defense, with a set of receivers that rivals the best he's ever had, is gonna equal a really great season. I don't see how he doesn't throw 35 TD's & 4500 yds

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Brady's ability to read a defense, with a set of receivers that rivals the best he's ever had, is gonna equal a really great season. I don't see how he doesn't throw 35 TD's & 4500 yds

I agree. However I think his INTs will be up. 

39 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I agree. However I think his INTs will be up. 

And he is going to get sacked silly.

8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If he's going to be sacked silly, there's no way he gets over 4000/25.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I'll take pocket presence for 500, Alex.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sSektor said:

I'll take pocket presence for 500, Alex.

I honestly don’t think $500 is an option on J! anymore.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

he doesnt hold onto the ball. i doubt he gets sacked alot. watch some tape...

• Like 2

I know the discussion is over, but this is something Brady would never do:

#PeytonGOAT

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

he doesnt hold onto the ball. i doubt he gets sacked alot. watch some tape...

I watch plenty.  But now Tommy is going to be in a totally different system.  But Arians is going to "meet him half way."  Yuk yuk yuk.

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I watch plenty.  But now Tommy is going to be in a totally different system.  But Arians is going to "meet him half way."  Yuk yuk yuk.

How long do you think Arians lasts if he completely forces his system and Brady is constantly hit or eventually gets injured? Who do you think the owner will value more, the HOF player that instantly boosted his revenue or the coach with one 7-9 season that failed to fix his #1 overall pick?

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

How long do you think Arians lasts if he completely forces his system and Brady is constantly hit or eventually gets injured? Who do you think the owner will value more, the HOF player that instantly boosted his revenue or the coach with one 7-9 season that failed to fix his #1 overall pick?

Who is that pick, out of curiosity?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Who is that pick, out of curiosity?

Jameis Winston

i had to read it twice, but he is saying to fix the gm’s #1 pick, not that arians drafted him.

im assuming its the same gm that took winston #1, but im not looking to research that

gm/owner, whatever

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

So...you think Tampa Bay will fire the head coach about 5 games into the season if things aren't working?  And do what, install a completely new offense on the fly?  It does not really work to do that in the NFL.

Arians has never worried about being fired before, and he has been.  Arians runs his system come hell or high water, whether the owner/gm/fans/star players like it or not.  That is what he does.

21 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So...you think Tampa Bay will fire the head coach about 5 games into the season if things aren't working?  And do what, install a completely new offense on the fly?  It does not really work to do that in the NFL.

Arians has never worried about being fired before, and he has been.  Arians runs his system come hell or high water, whether the owner/gm/fans/star players like it or not.  That is what he does.

2:00 mark onwards.