1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, CViewPride35 said:

Is Tom going to have a great year?  

Lot of weapons. Check

Pass happy system.  Check

Out to prove he doesn't need Belicheck. Check

I think those are recipe for success, but dang he is old. 

Father time always win. 

Anyone taking him over Ryan, Wentz, Rodgers, Murray this year?

Not over Murray but everyone else, yes sir.

No workhorse RB. Arians as coach. 

He is gonna throw it. A LOT

• Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 10:07 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Not over Murray but everyone else, yes sir.

No workhorse RB. Arians as coach. 

He is gonna throw it. A LOT

Agree - no way over Murray (plus their ADPs are WAY far apart.  Murray will get drafted several rounds ahead of Brady this year).

However those other guys will be tough choices.  We've seen HOF fame QBs rekindle some magic for a season or two when they switch teams (Manning, Favre, Warner) and there's plenty of weapons in TB with a great HC.  

All over the GOAT* this year. What CView said. Mahomes will be too costly and people might hesitate because of his age. lol. Fools

* if you include cheaters and QBs hyped w/o the hindsight of time and rational thought 

10 hours ago, bomont said:

All over the GOAT* this year. What CView said. Mahomes will be too costly and people might hesitate because of his age. lol. Fools

* if you include cheaters and QBs hyped w/o the hindsight of time and rational thought 

Same. Dude went to TB to pad his all-time stats. He's a competitor. Wants to finish on top. No ones gonna catch his rings. Now it's about the stats. Wasn't gonna happen in NE.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 5:59 AM, this guy right here said:

Same. Dude went to TB to pad his all-time stats. He's a competitor. Wants to finish on top. No ones gonna catch his rings. Now it's about the stats. Wasn't gonna happen in NE.

Yeah the rings are just crazy for the NFL.

Maybe Mahomes? His contract is fairly team friendly and he’s only going to be 25 with one ring this season.

On 7/10/2020 at 5:59 AM, this guy right here said:

It's not gonna happen because his arm is shot and he'll be a fish out of water in Arians's system.  

• Haha 1

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

It's not gonna happen because his arm is shot and he'll be a fish out of water in Arians's system.  

Brees' arm is shot too and he still kills it

Brady will be the same

NKeal Harry and the corpse of Julian Edelman=/=Mike Evans and Godwin

I don't like Brady but he is going to shut up so many doubters this year if the season is played

People unironically suggesting scrubs like Garoppolo and Cam Newton are better than him is going to look ridiculous

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

I don't like Brady but he is going to shut up so many doubters this year if the season is played

People unironically suggesting scrubs like Garoppolo and Cam Newton are better than him is going to look ridiculous

Agree 100%

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hater's going to hate :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuR1z9nH_BbKo9tGwomTDgg hey guys check it out I got this YouTube channel called The Fantasy Goods that talks about fantasy football sleepers, bust, mock drafts, and team discussions. if you guys can just check it out tell me what you think lotta hard work and dedication into it and I love to debate so give it a look thanks!!

>I really don't like Brady so hopefully this is the year he finally becomes washed up and retires.

Mindset of the anti-Brady people since 2013 basically. Surely this is the year their dream finally comes true right?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

If you're subscribing to content advising Jimmy G or Newton over Brady, you may want to unsubscribe. I'm more lax on Brady than most, by I'd still take Brady over both. I'm surprised though that there hasn't been more talk about Donovan Smith's Covid comments. Obviously, players will certainly sit out this season, but Smith would be crucial for the line. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2020 at 7:32 AM, buckeyestilidie said:

If you're subscribing to content advising Jimmy G or Newton over Brady, you may want to unsubscribe. I'm more lax on Brady than most, by I'd still take Brady over both.

From Patriots fans mostly about Newton and once here when I brought up that the Patriots barely edged out the Bills for the division with Brady and got worse over the offseason even aside from losing Brady while the Bills got better, I recall @SharkSwimmer saying Cam is basically Black Thor to Brady's Hawkeye and better at everything and going to turn the razor thin wins over the Bills into 50-0 beatdowns despite the Patriots having a far inferior roster. You know the same Cam Newton we last saw look Mitch Trubisky/Dwayne Haskins like in 2019

As for Garoppolo it was mostly between the Tennessee game and the Super Bowl when talking heads blabbed about how maybe the Patriots should have moved on from Brady for Jimmy G in 2017 🤣

Do that and Blake Bortles has a Super Bowl appearance on his resume (maybe a win) and the Chiefs are looking at going for a 3 peat this season because I KNOW Garoppolo wasn't winning in 2018 in Arrowhead--couldn't even win in Miami with a better roster than the 2018 Patriots

As excited as I am to watch my team and see the offense with CEH added, the Bucs are no doubt the team I am most eager to watch this season.

I wonder how differently this would all have gone if AB hadn't gotten into trouble after joining the Patriots and stuck the whole season

Also as someone in a non CA state but one with quite a few Niners fans including friends they were not happy at the thought of signing Brady at all 🤷‍♂️

I was not either. That team with a good QB would be terrifying

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 1

Thor v. Hawkeye is actually pretty apt.  Cam is more about brute force and strength, Brady is wiley and accurate.  Brady knows just when to fire that arrow, and often hits the target.  But Brady can't call down thunder.

A healthy Cam is stronger, faster and more athletic than Tom Brady.  That is all I said, and that statement certainly should not be in any way controversial with any person who understands NFL football even a little bit.

Thanks for the shoutout @mocha4313

I like my coffee black, though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

From Patriots fans mostly about Newton and once here when I brought up that the Patriots barely edged out the Bills for the division with Brady and got worse over the offseason even aside from losing Brady while the Bills got better, I recall @SharkSwimmer saying Cam is basically Black Thor to Brady's Hawkeye and better at everything and going to turn the razor thin wins over the Bills into 50-0 beatdowns despite the Patriots having a far inferior roster. You know the same Cam Newton we last saw look Mitch Trubisky/Dwayne Haskins like in 2019

As for Garoppolo it was mostly between the Tennessee game and the Super Bowl when talking heads blabbed about how maybe the Patriots should have moved on from Brady for Jimmy G in 2017 🤣

Do that and Blake Bortles has a Super Bowl appearance on his resume (maybe a win) and the Chiefs are looking at going for a 3 peat this season because I KNOW Garoppolo wasn't winning in 2018 in Arrowhead--couldn't even win in Miami with a better roster than the 2018 Patriots

As excited as I am to watch my team and see the offense with CEH added, the Bucs are no doubt the team I am most eager to watch this season.

I wonder how differently this would all have gone if AB hadn't gotten into trouble after joining the Patriots and stuck the whole season

Also as someone in a non CA state but one with quite a few Niners fans including friends they were not happy at the thought of signing Brady at all 🤷‍♂️

I was not either. That team with a good QB would be terrifying

Ah, you're speaking in terms of actual football production. Even in that regard, I'd still probably take Jimmy G, not Newton. Not sure what argument you can make for Newton over Brady in real life terms though. 

1 hour ago, buckeyestilidie said:

Not sure what argument you can make for Newton over Brady in real life terms though. 

Newton: 12? years younger.

Talent of no. 1 overall pick, not plucky 6th rounder.

Bigger.

Faster.

Stronger.

Cheaper by a factor of likely 20.

Greatest coach of all time prefers Cam to Brady in 2020 because he signed Cam and let Brady walk.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Newton: 12? years younger.

Talent of no. 1 overall pick, not plucky 6th rounder.

Bigger.

Faster.

Stronger.

Cheaper by a factor of likely 20.

Greatest coach of all time prefers Cam to Brady in 2020 because he signed Cam and let Brady walk.

He preferred Cam on a dirt cheap contract to Brady on 30 mill/year

Jamarcus Russell is also "bigger, faster and stronger" than Brady or Peyton.

Last we saw of Cam he looked like Trubisky

1 hour ago, buckeyestilidie said:

Ah, you're speaking in terms of actual football production. Even in that regard, I'd still probably take Jimmy G, not Newton. Not sure what argument you can make for Newton over Brady in real life terms though. 

I have seen Jimmy G and Brady in recent years in the biggest moments against my team: Brady is better by so much. Can't even compare my fear seeing Brady come out in overtime in Arrowhead in the 2018 AFCCG to seeing Jimmy G come out in the Super Bowl down 4

I hate to say this but the 49ers are a more talented team than the Chiefs--they just have a scrub at the most important position. That's why they lost

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

He preferred Cam on a dirt cheap contract to Brady on 30 mill/year

Jamarcus Russell is also "bigger, faster and stronger" than Brady or Peyton.

Last we saw of Cam he looked like Trubisky

Cam must be looking better now that he's healthy.  Otherwise, Belichick probably wouldn't have signed him.

And yes, Jimmy G is a scrub.  Cam is not.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Cam must be looking better now that he's healthy.  Otherwise, Belichick probably wouldn't have signed him.

Thing is Brady at his peak>Cam at his peak. Brady 2019 was poor but still better than Cam 2019

And now both are past their peaks

QB is probably the position where besides kicker being "bigger, stronger, and faster" matters the least

And physical tools are the only thing Cam has an edge in

At most I can understand arguing the Patriots don't regress too much (I would disagree), but saying that they improve significantly by going from Brady to Cam?

Not unless that also means N'Keal Harry turns into AJ Green and the front 7 that got son'd by Derrick Henry and the Ravens, nullified against the Texans and failed to get pressure against Ryan Fitzpatrick and a historically trash Dolphins OL becomes something special

Again I really wonder how it would have played out if AB kept his nose clean after getting to the Patriots

Edited by mocha4313

If there is a season, and that is looking dicier by the day, we'll find out if BB can leverage Cam's athleticism into a powerful offensive weapon.  My bet is yes.

And we will also see if Brady has enough left in the tank to make the Bucs good.  My bet is no.

Posted (edited)

I agree a healthy Cam has always been more physically talented than Brady in every department except touch passes/accuracy in general.

Edited by sSektor
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

I agree a healthy Cam has always been more physically talented than Brady in every department except touch passes/accuracy in general.

And both are extremely smart and competitive men.  Cam is undefeated lifetime v. Belichick and I am more than sure the coach was taking notes.

9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And both are extremely smart and competitive men.  Cam is undefeated lifetime v. Belichick and I am more than sure the coach was taking notes.

Didnt the pats beat cam in the SB? Dont thinks hes undeafted.