1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

Maybe Josh allen is the compromise too. Or who knows...maybe Cam for peanuts...wouldn't surprise me if BB and McDaniels use Cam in all kinds of ways.

Picking Dak, Kyler, and Wilson, you are definitely missing out on a solid starter. They seem to be going mid rounds, but I have a feeling a run will start in my house league, and I would like to be sure I don't get sucked in picking too early. 

Brady seems to be moving up in the mock drafts I've been doing too. Sure, he's no Winston airing it out recklessly for mass points, but he's also going to sustain drives a lot more through accuracy and efficiency...I am targeting him and Stafford...and I'd probably put Ryan in that tier...maybe big ben, but no idea about his arm strength.

Posted (edited)

For most of the summer, I was in on those mid round upside QB's. 
I was aiming to pick up Dak, Kyler or Wilson in Round 5 after starting with 2 Rbs and WRs each.

I've moved off of that.
The opportunity cost is real.  There are too many really good roster building players in those middle rounds. Some will blow up (Like Ekeler, who was drafted in the 8th last year).
Teams didn't win last season because they drafted Lamar Jackson; They won because they drafted Lamar Jackson in the 9th round.

Now I intend to make sure I leave round 10 with one of Wentz, Brady, or Stafford.

Brady's situation is golden.
My only trepidation is his age combined, with his zero mobility, combined with the questionable quality of Tampa's o-line.
But thinking of his inner fire, his desire to show the world that he is truly the GOAT, and to prove that he will thrive away from the Hoodie's shadow, make him a strong buy for me, especially at ADP. 

Edited by candygram4mongo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, candygram4mongo said:

For most of the summer, I was in on those mid round upside QB's. 
I was aiming to pick up Dak, Kyler or Wilson in Round 5 after starting with 2 Rbs and WRs each.

I've moved off of that.
The opportunity cost is real.  There are too many really good roster building players in those middle rounds. Some will blow up (Like Ekeler, who was drafted in the 8th last year).
Teams didn't win last season because they drafted Lamar Jackson; They won because they drafted Lamar Jackson in the 9th round.

Now I intend to make sure I leave round 10 with one of Wentz, Brady, or Stafford.

Brady's situation is golden.
My only trepidation is his age combined, with his zero mobility, combined with the questionable quality of Tampa's o-line.
But thinking of his inner fire, his desire to show the world that he is truly the GOAT, and to prove that he will thrive away from the Hoodie's shadow, make him a strong buy for me, especially at ADP. 

I won because I drafted Lamar Jackson - $9 auction.

Rest of my team was garbage, except Jacobs (Gurley, Monty, OBJ, other trash I dont remember).

Went 10-4.

But I agree with your point overall, just it was possible to have a very subpar-average drafted roster because of how dominant Lamar was.  Of course, I was able to pick up Chark and AJ Brown off waivers early, and added Hunter Henry around week 8.

If you expect a QB to put up 50 TDs, and they end up doing so, they can definitely make up for the opportunity cost if you hit on the right FAs in first few weeks.

The acquisition of Fournette certainly adds to what was already a potent Bucs offense. 

Brady has to get a bump up in his projection totals, right? You have to figure that Lenny will catch a few balls from near the goal line that might have been Rojo runs otherwise. 

1 hour ago, candygram4mongo said:

The acquisition of Fournette certainly adds to what was already a potent Bucs offense. 

Brady has to get a bump up in his projection totals, right? You have to figure that Lenny will catch a few balls from near the goal line that might have been Rojo runs otherwise. 

Probably unchanged as LF can also pound it in at the goal line...who knows.

LF might convert some crucial third downs and keep the chains alive more often.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

Is this the most loaded team Brady has been on? 

Seems like it, I will say this. If Brady is even half the QB he used to be this offense will be an absolute juggernaut. DC's will have nightmares game planning against all these playmakers. Easy running lanes for whoever is pounding the rock , and I won't even talk about the aerial attack 

• Like 2

On 9/2/2020 at 11:38 PM, screaming_vultures said:

Is this the most loaded team Brady has been on? 

Might be, honestly.  

On 9/3/2020 at 12:54 AM, FantasyGOAT said:

Anyone else getting 2013 Broncos Peyton vibes? 👀

He has the weapons, and the Coach.  

But to me the biggest thing is the mindset.  He wants to show everyone that it was him more than it was Hoodie.  

He wants to show Hoodie what could have been if you put these types of weapons around him.  

He is obsessed with this. And he has a plethora of weapons.  Godwin, Evans, Miller, Gronk, OJ, pass friendly RB's... 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SpartanEric said:

He has the weapons, and the Coach.  

But to me the biggest thing is the mindset.  He wants to show everyone that it was him more than it was Hoodie.  

He wants to show Hoodie what could have been if you put these types of weapons around him.  

He is obsessed with this. And he has a plethora of weapons.  Godwin, Evans, Miller, Gronk, OJ, pass friendly RB's... 

Pair Brady with the Pats D for the greatest hedge bet in fantasy football history.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The previous guy was the #2 QB in fantasy last year.  And he threw away 30 other potential drives.  Same coach, same system, same weapons plus, and now swap out that QB for the greatest one ever.  Stand back.

Tommy could be heading a lot of championship teams this year.  The pieces are in place, it’s on his shoulders to deliver.

1 hour ago, Chardo said:

The previous guy was the #2 QB in fantasy last year.  And he threw away 30 other potential drives.  Same coach, same system, same weapons plus, and now swap out that QB for the greatest one ever.  Stand back.

And Gronk recently commented that Brady's deep ball looks better than when he first started playing w/him in New England.  

I'm happy to have nabbed Tom in the 9th round last night.  

25 minutes ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Would you rather have Stafford or Brady ROS?

For questions like this, please ask in the Assistant Coach forum. Thanks.

1 hour ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Would you rather have Stafford or Brady ROS?

Brady...no doubt

• Like 1

Do the Rotoworld blubers have a personal or professional grievance with this guy?

Just now, pepper11 said:

Do the Rotoworld blubers have a personal or professional grievance with this guy?

A lot of people do. Funny thing is - only one week has been played. Get ready for an endless onslaught of negativity and ridicule after this week.

Good thing there is still the rest of season to be played.

Rough first game in terms of real life football but I'll happily take the 20 points. Next week should be much easier.

Just now, SuperJoint said:

A lot of people do. Funny thing is - only one week has been played. Get ready for an endless onslaught of negativity and ridicule after this week.

Good thing there is still the rest of season to be played.

He'll be ok.

Saints might have best D in the league this year

When Dak put up these numbers rotoblurbers would be professing love for greatness

Bill Simmons, known Brady homer, who bet on TB to make NFC title game said Brady is done after week 1. He said it's not the skill people and he can't move in the pocket anymore etc.......

No **** 

• Haha 1

The pick 6 was discusting, but other than that it felt to me more like the team overall wasn't ready for week 1. Errors on every level.
Of corse media is trashing Brady now, but everybody with the slightest football knowledge should be able to read through this.

Let Evans get healthy and in sync with Brady (the first interception was a simply misunderstanding) and get rid of those horrible mistakes from Vita Vea and that return team and the rematch should be what we hoped this game would already be.

• Like 1