1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

Not worried about Brady, just his protection. Aside from the pick-6 which was a terrible throw he looked good, can still drop dimes, but he's going to get killed out there if the protection doesn't improve and sadly it's hard to see why it would.

Bill Simmons hasn't had anything intelligent to say in a decade.  It's a shame, he used to be insightful.  But he's just a zombie now.

Brady will be ok.  New Orleans defense is stacked

Uh, did you guys see the game?  Brady was awful.  He did throw two garbage time TDs to make his stat line look better, but he was taking sacks, missing receivers, missing reads, getting an intentional grounding penalty, and generally screwing the pooch.

As I said all offseason, Arians is not changing his system for anyone, and he didn't.  Dark clouds on the horizon, too:  Arians said in his presser that Mike Evans ran the correct route on the first pick but Brady threw it to the wrong spot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Brady looked bad without Mcdaniels. poor guy🙁 Horrible interceptions and pick 6. Im not going to judge it by one game without any preseason games though. Im gonna say hes back to his old (in a good way) self by Game 3. 

Edited by SyNdicateZ

7 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Brady looked bad without Mcdaniels. poor guy🙁 Horrible interceptions and pick 6. Im not going to judge it by one game without any preseason games though. Im gonna say hes back to his old (in a good way) self by Game 3. 

I would hit the panic button if they don't beat the Panthers in convincing fashion week 2.

Just now, sSektor said:

I would hit the panic button if they don't beat the Panthers in convincing fashion week 2.

ah yes. I ageee. yes, if he looks bad against Carolina then thats just no excuse!!! 

Patriots Version of Brady should win this game by 21 points or more as well

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Carolina game should be a ground game. They aren't good against the run.

On 9/14/2020 at 12:53 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Uh, did you guys see the game?  Brady was awful.  He did throw two garbage time TDs to make his stat line look better, but he was taking sacks, missing receivers, missing reads, getting an intentional grounding penalty, and generally screwing the pooch.

As I said all offseason, Arians is not changing his system for anyone, and he didn't.  Dark clouds on the horizon, too:  Arians said in his presser that Mike Evans ran the correct route on the first pick but Brady threw it to the wrong spot.

The stars aligned I knew you would make an appearance. Priceless. 
 You are right Brady played like crap. It was only one TD at garbage time, and also Tampa definitely changed things up too suit Tom. So get your facts right. You are correct on that pass to Evans. 

6 hours ago, shakestreet said:

The stars aligned I knew you would make an appearance. Priceless. 
 You are right Brady played like crap. It was only one TD at garbage time, and also Tampa definitely changed things up too suit Tom. So get your facts right. You are correct on that pass to Evans. 

I watched the entire game.  I saw the typical high-risk, high-reward Bruce Arians system in full operation.  Chuck the ball deep down the field and get the quarterback hit over and over and over.  Then, after it doesn't work, publicly throw your players under the bus.

TB12 is now on pace to finish with 32 picks and a record of 0-16.  Sounds about right.

On 9/14/2020 at 9:53 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

Everything you say is true, but these are errors of execution. Going into the season my main fear was that he might not be up to this offense physically like Peyton in 2015 but at least that's not what I saw on Sunday. He looked the same as last season in terms of arm strength and mobility and made a lot of good throws. Brady is in a new offense for the first time in 20 years with no preseason, I'm willing to give him a mulligan. I bet he plays much better this Sunday. Having a softer matchup doesn't hurt either. If he looks bad against Carolina then I'll consider moving on.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2020 at 1:38 PM, FitzMagic said:

Carolina game should be a ground game. They aren't good against the run.

1 hour ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Everything you say is true, but these are errors of execution. Going into the season my main fear was that he might not be up to this offense physically like Peyton in 2015 but at least that's not what I saw on Sunday. He looked the same as last season in terms of arm strength and mobility and made a lot of good throws. Brady is in a new offense for the first time in 20 years with no preseason, I'm willing to give him a mulligan. I bet he plays much better this Sunday. Having a softer matchup doesn't hurt either. If he looks bad against Carolina then I'll consider moving on.

This is the best get right game for Tom to nail down the timing with his receivers. Yes Carolina is awful against the run, but they’re also not great against the pass. I get that they want the W and can probably do it just by feeding the run game. However, Tom will take advantage of this matchup and put up 3 TDs/run up the score. He knows they need to get the timing issue down ASAP. We’ve seen this same scenario happen at times in NE.

And agreed with if we don’t see an improvement in his game, it’s possibly time to....jump ship 

spacer.png

Edited by TwoCan Sam
  • Like 1

Now I see that Arians has publicly stated he wants more passes to Mike Evans.  Who did Brady pepper with targets instead?  Scotty Miller and Gronk, the latter who did quite literally nothing with them.

I knew this was going to be a poor match, but I expected the public feuding to begin in a few weeks, not after week 1.

17 hours ago, shakestreet said:

It was only one TD at garbage time, and also Tampa definitely changed things up too suit Tom. 

The TD pass to OJ Howard cut the Saints' lead to 24-14 in the third quarter, so it was definetly not garbage time.  I concede.  

As to ways Arians changed things up to suit Brady, what did you see?

11 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Now I see that Arians has publicly stated he wants more passes to Mike Evans.  Who did Brady pepper with targets instead?  Scotty Miller and Gronk, the latter who did quite literally nothing with them.

I knew this was going to be a poor match, but I expected the public feuding to begin in a few weeks, not after week 1.

Honestly can't even tell if you're saying all this in jest or not? I think Gronk had 3 targets? Also, would not be that surprising to me if BA threw Brady under the bus about those picks to save his receivers from public shaming (did you see the way Brady reacted to Evans on the one?).

I thought Brady's arm looked solid, he just needs a bit more time. Even on 3 step drops he was having to navigate rushers in the pocket. That Oline needs to be better for that offense to hit their ceiling. But we all knew that was really the only question mark going into the season anyways.

Nevertheless, that was a tough week 1 game (with no preseason games). If you have Brady on your team, I would hold (even if it has to be on your bench). The upside is still too much to let go of yet.

I have a feeling the Panthers defense is gonna wish they didn't get out of bed on Sunday.

But I could be wrong.

24 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Godwin 7 Howard & Miller 6 

15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Tom got rid of the ball quick he sure didn’t do the Winston drop back and wait n wait for receivers to get open. 

17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The TD pass to OJ Howard cut the Saints' lead to 24-14 in the third quarter, so it was definetly not garbage time.  I concede.  

Kevin my landlord he is a Patriot season ticket holder mention this morning he heard that Arians review the film it was Evans fault he didn’t read the play right. What Bruce Arians did in his press conferences before I never question things but after one game he sure likes to throw guys under the bus. There sure is a difference between Bill Belichick & Bruce Arians 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Kevin my landlord he is a Patriot season ticket holder mention this morning he heard that Arians review the film it was Evans fault he didn’t read the play right. What Bruce Arians did in his press conferences before I never question things but after one game he sure likes to throw guys under the bus. There sure is a difference between Bill Belichick & Bruce Arians 

Willie McGinest on the NFL channel show'd the play and said Mike Evans cut off his route which was supposed to be a skinny post when he saw the safety creeping up.  He said he needs to complete his routes because Tom will throw the ball to the spot where he is supposed to be.  It did look like he stopped and the ball went towards the safety.  Bruce Arians needs to give the old "I need to look at the tape and get back to you" answer that every other coach gives post game no matter who is wrong. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Willie McGinest on the NFL channel show'd the play and said Mike Evans cut off his route which was supposed to be a skinny post when he saw the safety creeping up.  He said he needs to complete his routes because Tom will throw the ball to the spot where he is supposed to be.  It did look like he stopped and the ball went towards the safety.  Bruce Arians needs to give the old "I need to look at the tape and get back to you" answer that every other coach gives post game no matter who is wrong. 

When watching the game it did look like Evans was to blame. Just a lack of timing right now. They'll need to get on the same page very quickly. No preseason hurts these teams with new starting QBs.

• Like 2

Still managed 3 TD's vs. a tough NO defense in his FIRST game as a Buc.

Buy low.

• Like 1

Another 2 Turnovers, 2 dropped TD’s, another underthrown would be TD, 19 2nd half yards...

this is getting off to a frustrating start

Lost me my matchup this week. I am not sure if it's time to cut TB loose here or wait another week. It didn't help that he had two TDs dropped by two different receivers. They were good throws. It's frustrating.