1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Lost me my matchup this week. I am not sure if it's time to cut TB loose here or wait another week. It didn't help that he had two TDs dropped by two different receivers. They were good throws. It's frustrating. 

Very Frustrating. 

Completed a pass to Fournette and he got stopped at the 1, got credited with the lost fumble on the Jones handoff, Miller dropped a TD, McCoy dropped a TD, and Grayson dropped a 30+ yard pass on the sideline (actually let the ball doink off his helmet). 

Brady easily had a 275-300 yard/3 TD game with the 1 INT. 

Not sure if we should stick with him. Would love to see him with Evans/Godwin both at full strength. 

• Like 2

Head coach Bruce Arians said his offense isn't built for tight ends to see consistent targets. 

Arians, complimenting Rob Gronkowski's blocking prowess, is acknowledging what we've known for a couple weeks, as Gronkowski has caught two passes for 11 yards through two weeks. “We’re not throwing the ball 50 times to tight ends – that’s what we have receivers for [and] that’s the way our offense is built,” Arians said. “Gronk’s playing great run blocking in the fourth quarter, so I’m not concerned with his pass catches or his targets. ... We haven’t had that many red zone opportunities and I don’t see him running 40 yards past people anymore." Any hope for Gronk to get involved in the team's target tree has been squelched. The ghost of Gronk should be dropped in 12-team leagues. 

SOURCE: USA Today

Pasted the above as a nugget to consider for all those who firmly believed that Arians would change his system to suit Tom Brady's playing style.

22 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Pasted the above as a nugget to consider for all those who firmly believed that Arians would change his system to suit Tom Brady's playing style.

Better for Brady's fantasy prospects that Arians doesn't change. 

Sling that ****. If he can't put up 2TD as a floor with that roster....I don't know man. Especially after Cam's early showing in NE. 

• Like 2

Very favorable matchups for TB (the player AND the team) all around this week. 

On 9/21/2020 at 8:53 AM, johnnyboy8102 said:

Very Frustrating. 

Completed a pass to Fournette and he got stopped at the 1, got credited with the lost fumble on the Jones handoff, Miller dropped a TD, McCoy dropped a TD, and Grayson dropped a 30+ yard pass on the sideline (actually let the ball doink off his helmet). 

Brady easily had a 275-300 yard/3 TD game with the 1 INT. 

Not sure if we should stick with him. Would love to see him with Evans/Godwin both at full strength. 

Extremely frustrating but I think he's a hold, and I'm starting him again this week.  

Everything you pointed out... McCoy and Miller were easy TD grabs that no professional athlete has any business dropping.  I mean the one to Miller was a beautiful ball that literally went through his forearms.  Not tipped off the end of the finger... it was put in exactly the spot to make the easiest catch. 

Brady had 12 incompletions, 9 of which were catchable balls, and 7 of the 9 hit the receiver's hands or arms.  

Watching Brees, if I'm an owner, I'm a little worried.  He cannot push the ball downfield.  

But different story with Brady, his arm looks good.  40-50 yards downfield with zip.  He was lacking protection and timing in game 1, and his teammates really let him down in game 2.  

• Like 2

He hasn't had a fully healthy Evans and Godwin on the field at the same time yet and it looks like that's going to be the case last week. He would have had an easy 20+ point week if those 2 easy TDs weren't dropped and Fournette got another yard on his reception. The protection and interceptions are a concern but it seems like every QB has turnover issues their first year with Arians. Hopefully just early season growing pains.

Edited by sSektor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dislimb said:

The only concern is with Denver being able to put any points on the board.  TB offense could get conservative 2nd half.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SpartanEric said:

The only concern is with Denver being able to put any points on the board.  TB offense could get conservative 2nd half.  

Exactly. Im worried with denver lacking any offense this turns into a ground and pound game.  Im sitting him

• Like 1

Lots of possessions coming for the GOAT with Driskel helming the Broncos. Tommy is well aware of the criticism and lack of numbers. I'm saying 250 and 2 TDs floor. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Lots of possessions coming for the GOAT with Driskel helming the Broncos. Tommy is well aware of the criticism and lack of numbers. I'm saying 250 and 2 TDs floor. 

Agreed. There would be zero panic if McCoy and Miller don’t drop wide open TD’s. And like someone else mentioned Fournette got stopped on the 1. Last week could have very easily been a 300 yard 4 TD performance. 

6 hours ago, Dislimb said:

TB... Tom Brady... TB... Tampa Bay.

*Keanu Whoa Gif*

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Gandalfthecat said:

That's the other part of the equation...  while i worry about Denver being able to put up any points, at the same time the Bucs offense needs to get on track and I can see them keeping the foot on the gas, like a glorified practice.  

Driscoll has proven more wiley than fantasy experts expect or may remember from his stretch in Detroit last year.

I think this game may be more competitive than some are expecting.  With a healthy Evans and Godwin this might be the game.

37 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

That's the other part of the equation...  while i worry about Denver being able to put up any points, at the same time the Bucs offense needs to get on track and I can see them keeping the foot on the gas, like a glorified practice.  

The way I see it there is just as much chance of this happening as there is that Brady struggles yet again and we are here next week discussing if we can start him again.

29 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

The way I see it there is just as much chance of this happening as there is that Brady struggles yet again and we are here next week discussing if we can start him again.

Yes but has he struggled really? Week 1? Tough matchup. Week 2? Multiple tds dropped. 

This will be a telling week no doubt. 

• Like 1

The most important thing is, like you guys have said, that he doesn't look completely cooked.  Brees, with or without Thomas just doesn't look good at all.  Brady is still hopefully just adjusting to everything.  I think we're underselling how big of an adjustment this is after being in one place for as long as he has.

Two preseason games so far basically, neither one with both a healthy Godwin and Evans.  They may not be utilizing the 2TE Gronk/Hernandez offense like some thought, but it's still going to be one that gives Brady plenty of opportunity to produce, especially with those weapons.

Edited by CharlesCC2
  • Like 4

The forecast for Sun, per CBS, is calling for 'tons of rain' during game. Something to keep an eye towards. I am not a big weather tilt guy (outside of wind gusts) but a wet football--even with gloves, has the potential to be a hindrance.

You really cannot underscore how big of an accomplishment this is as a 43 year old (!) in a new system without Godwin. 

The legacy grows!

• Like 1

TOMpa bay baby! Chicago next week gonna be tougher but  Picked up as a replacement for Big Ben this week and may be my starter moving forward.

Unreal. 43. Truly incomprehensible.

Also lol at Rotoblurbers always trashing this guy. What a joke.

I love tom Brady, I have no doubt the bucs will win it all this year God willing. Tom is on a mission and with his surrounding talent he could end up a top 5 QB moving forward. 

1 hour ago, pepper11 said:

Unreal. 43. Truly incomprehensible.

Also lol at Rotoblurbers always trashing this guy. What a joke.

Funny how that works.

Now the same media is out to crucify Brees and his arm strength.

From what we’ve seen thus far .. Brady looks much much better then Brees throwing the long ball.