1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

Brady excelling at practicing social distancing after flinging his tablet and refusing to shake hands with Foles.  What a role model.

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Brady excelling at practicing social distancing after flinging his tablet and refusing to shake hands with Foles.  What a role model.

He hates BDN. Did the same thing after SB loss. 

Nick was asked about it last night said something like “yeah we’ll catch up eventually”

Tom was just a little sleepy and wanted to go to bed ASAP. No alzheimers concerns.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, malta69 said:

He hates BDN. Did the same thing after SB loss. 

Nick was asked about it last night said something like “yeah we’ll catch up eventually”

Yeah - he behaved classily.

He’s definitely losing it,  he looked so sure he was going to get another play..  lol

59 minutes ago, Krambone said:

He’s definitely losing it,  he looked so sure he was going to get another play..  lol

That is because, traditionally, the refs have always thrown a flag or two or three to keep Brady's drives alive at the end of games.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Made a couple real nice throws today. This young guy has looked good he has a bright future ahead 

On 10/9/2020 at 9:31 AM, BMcP said:

Yeah - he behaved classily.

always has.

he can still dink and dink with thebest of them.

The throw to Gronk in the end zone was a nice one.  

The Defense and Ronald Jones did the heavy lifting in Tampa's destruction of Green Bay yesterday.

• Like 1

he has only had 1 good game and 1 great game...he really is hurting me so far this year...i hope things turn around...

4 minutes ago, Power-O said:

he has only had 1 good game and 1 great game...he really is hurting me so far this year...i hope things turn around...

I would ignore the Thursday night game (Thursday is garbage ball). He didn't need to chuck it yesterday, but when he did he looked good. 

I'd just be worried about how good the Tampa D looks, because he may not find himself in a lot of fantasy friendly game scripts if they're crushing opposing QBs all game. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The throw to Gronk in the end zone was a nice one.  

The Defense and Ronald Jones did the heavy lifting in Tampa's destruction of Green Bay yesterday.

Yep. Yesterday’s game, or at least Brady’s stats from it, aren’t really an indication of Tampa’s offense going forward.

The first Buccaneers TD was a pick 6. Then, on the very next possession Rodgers threw another INT that was returned to the GB 2 yard line where Jones was able to punch it in on the very next play. Also, later in the game, Brady attempted a pass to Gronk from inside the 5 that was batted down and then Jones got the call on the next play for his second TD of the day. The Bucs were up by 21+ points for the entirety of the second half due to defensive dominance. There was no need for Brady to throw the ball at all, other than on third downs.

The game was an outlier for sure. The defense and the running game just completely destroyed the Packers and there was nothing Green Bay could do to stop it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I would ignore the Thursday night game (Thursday is garbage ball). He didn't need to chuck it yesterday, but when he did he looked good. 

I'd just be worried about how good the Tampa D looks, because he may not find himself in a lot of fantasy friendly game scripts if they're crushing opposing QBs all game. 

yup...exactly what i was thinking...may have to make a move at some point

Needle pointing up. ⬆️

• Like 1

Assuming AB gets into shape fairly quick then the scoring drives are going to be much more consistent. But run game and defense both being great still lowers the ceiling quite a bit.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Assuming AB gets into shape fairly quick then the scoring drives are going to be much more consistent. But run game and defense both being great still lowers the ceiling quite a bit.

Baked into his Pre-AB evaluation.

He was around QB9-13, with Brown in town he's more like QB5-10 territory. 

27 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Baked into his Pre-AB evaluation.

He was around QB9-13, with Brown in town he's more like QB5-10 territory. 

Why though? They have good receiving threats already. It's not like he's had no one to throw to. You're giving him a 4 place bump when most of his trash games were because of gamescript, something AB has no impact on?

I've been burned by him all year. I hope you're right. I just don't see how this changes his value significantly.

Just now, tschwicht said:

Why though? They have good receiving threats already. It's not like he's had no one to throw to. You're giving him a 4 place bump when most of his trash games were because of gamescript, something AB has no impact on?

I've been burned by him all year. I hope you're right. I just don't see how this changes his value significantly.

Evans and Godwin have been injured and ineffective most of the year. Howard is on IR, Gronk is washed, etc... Bucs roster looks great on paper but Brown instantly becomes the team's most talented and consistent WR. Also, the run game isn't that special. RoJo is playing well but not like they are an elite rushing offense. 

Jumping 3-4 slots in the QB rankings is not a monumental change. Brady's ceiling is a bit higher and will probably score a couple of additional points a game throwing to AB. 

10 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Evans and Godwin have been injured and ineffective most of the year. Howard is on IR, Gronk is washed, etc... Bucs roster looks great on paper but Brown instantly becomes the team's most talented and consistent WR. Also, the run game isn't that special. RoJo is playing well but not like they are an elite rushing offense. 

Jumping 3-4 slots in the QB rankings is not a monumental change. Brady's ceiling is a bit higher and will probably score a couple of additional points a game throwing to AB. 

He hasn't played in 2 years and he's the team's most talented and consistent WR? That's a huge reach with what we know. He probably hasn't even seen the playbook yet.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. I was excited to grab Brady in like the 11th round as my starter. But I just don't see him changing this offense that much. Feel free to quote this to eternity in a few weeks if AB blows up though.

Edited by tschwicht

Just now, tschwicht said:

He hasn't played in 2 years and he's the team's most talented and consistent WR? That's a huge reach with what we know. He probably hasn't even seen the playbook yet.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. I was excited to grab Brady in like the 11th round as my starter. But I just don't see him changing this offense that much. Feel free to quote this to eternity in a few weeks if AB blows up though.

If active, Brown's their most consistent WR and it's not close...dude is a HOFer for a reason and one of the best to ever play the game. I understand your reservations but I have zero doubts about how this impacts Brady ROS.