1972Miamidolphins

Tom Brady 2020 Outlook

11 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brady is throwing it deep a ton, throwing more picks, and taking more sacks.  This looks like a pretty standard Arians offense to me.

Whatcha talking about? Your outlook is cloudy too damn bias. Can’t see the facts.
 You really need to go look at some numbers. Check out football reference. duh 

Brady doesn’t change people around him change. Tom is the leader. 

I can't believe it took this bum 2 decades to win an NFC offensive player of the month award. Talk about underachieving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm really hoping Brady is still angry about those SB losses and puts a whooping on NYG.

2 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

I'm really hoping Brady is still angry about those SB losses and puts a whooping on NYG.

Dude is a master of motivation, he is gonna continue to pop up great stats imo. He is battling Brees every week for the TD record too.

Better than expected given the Arians system and Bucs o-line last year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

Brady's definitely a luxury on most teams who got him. I think tonight could be more low scoring than most think, and the Bucs D handles things pretty good. No Godwin definitely a down-grade today and Bradberry usually has Evans number historically lol

Prediction is 250 and 2 tonight...maybe sneak a rushing score. 

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a QB who has had a better set of skill position players. Maybe the Greatest Show on Turf?

Evans

Godwin

AB

Gronk

RoJo

Fournette

And of course... Scotty Miller. 

On 11/2/2020 at 12:45 PM, sSektor said:

The fact that Brady always gets rid of the ball quickly also helps. Remember when many here were claiming that Arians was going to have Brady doing deep drop backs and only passing deep because "it's the system" and Brady won't be allowed to operate the offense with his strengths? Good times.

On 10/28/2020 at 10:02 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Brady is throwing it deep a ton, throwing more picks, and taking more sacks.  This looks like a pretty standard Arians offense to me.

Haha what? Throwing more picks than what? [...]

Averaged .6 Interceptions per game as a Patriot

Averages .5 Interceptions per game as a Buc

Averages 1.25 sacks per game as a Buc

Averaged 1.75 sacks per game as a Patriot

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 1

Yeah Brady has beat up on some weak sisters this year, just like he always does.  

Let's see how he does against good defenses.  So far, not so hot.

And he can't even seem to remember what down it is, so there's that...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yeah Brady has beat up on some weak sisters this year, just like he always does.  

Let's see how he does against good defenses.  So far, not so hot.

And he can't even seem to remember what down it is, so there's that...

Brady is a pleasant surprise this year. No one really should have expected a top 5 season at this age and going to a new team. He is definitely performing above his ADP. Better than Lamar that's for sure.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 7:02 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Three more picks tonight.  Several more sacks.  

Brady was like Jameis Winston tonight, except without the 400 yards and 3 TDs to go with all those bad plays.

Pretty standard Bruce Arians offense.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Three more picks tonight.  Several more sacks.  

Brady was like Jameis Winston tonight, except without the 400 yards and 3 TDs to go with all those bad plays.

Pretty standard Bruce Arians offense.

Funny how you were MIA when called out on misinformation and being wrong but predictably come out of the bushes minutes after a bad game. Not surprising though as it’s line with your schtick.

• Like 1

Wrong.  I answered your "call out" post.  Go back and read the thread.  

My answer was that Brady had beat up on some bad defenses, let's see how he does against a competent one.

And we just saw.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Wrong.  I answered your "call out" post.  Go back and read the thread.  

My answer was that Brady had beat up on some bad defenses, let's see how he does against a competent one.

And we just saw.

He's put up fine fantasy numbers against the Bears, Packers, Chargers, Giants, and even the Saints in week one. Other than tonight, he had a meh game against the Panthers meh defense. I don't see any sort of trend of Brady only succeeding against trash defenses. 

Well he had a 4int game the last year he won the Super Bowl. It happens. Hopefully another week of practice they can figure out how Brown and everybody else fits into this. Because everything was a total mess out there last night. Not to mention that his line protection suddenly went south as well. 

Brady and co. are gonna be pissed after being embarrassed like this on Sunday Night Football, with the entire country watching.  I expect a big game next week.

8 hours ago, ajs723 said:

He's put up fine fantasy numbers against the Bears, Packers, Chargers, Giants, and even the Saints in week one. Other than tonight, he had a meh game against the Panthers meh defense. I don't see any sort of trend of Brady only succeeding against trash defenses. 

There are many quarterbacks who can put up half-way decent numbers and lose, but this is Tom Brady we are talking about.

Last night was a debacle of epic proportions.  And we saw the Bucs go full Arians--tons of QB hits and sacks, risky downfield passes, and picks galore.

Carolina is turning out to be a pretty good team, so we have to put Brady's dud against them in context.

It looks to me like Brady may put up some decent stats against bad defenses this year, but he is going to have a tough time against teams that rush the passer effectively.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brady was like Jameis Winston tonight.

I was thinking more like Trent Dilfer.

• Like 1

Does anyone remember the KC v Pats game on MNF a few years ago? It reminded me of this game - everyone declared Brady done and he came back the next game and tossed 4TDs or something like that. Things will be ok. 

• Like 1

Brady was trash last night. That being said the lack of adjustments in the second half by Arians/Leftwich was a complete joke. You have AB, Evans, Godwin and yet only scheme a Fournette checkdown to try and beat the pressure? With one of the best short/intermediate passing QBs in history?

Edited by sSektor

4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Brady was trash last night. That being said the lack of adjustments in the second half by Arians/Leftwich was a complete joke. You have AB, Evans, Godwin and yet only scheme a Fournette checkdown to try and beat the pressure? With one of the best short/intermediate QBs in history?

Honestly I feel like the addition of AB really ****** things up. I feel like Brady wanted to go his way and was likely flustered everytime he went over there. Seemed like AB was constantly in the wrong spot which isn't surprising considering he has been on the team for a week. 

Brady needs to stop trying to force **** to people he wants to throw to. The amount of balls he throws to Gronks slow a** is hysterical. Gronk looks terrible and shouldn't even be considered a first option. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Gronk looks terrible and shouldn't even be considered a first option. 

He had a bad game, like the rest of the team.  Before that he had 3 very good games.  I guess we should all drop Deandre Hopkins too?  He stunk yesterday.

• Thanks 1

The amount of over reaction and flip flop that happens on this forum for any bad game for any player is dumb and hilarious.

Brady has a game like last night and "the sky is falling", "he sucks", blah blah blah. After his next big game, you'll see things in here like "choo choo!", "beast", "top 5 QB1 ros". So fickle and dumb.