Corleone

Lamar Jackson 2020 Outlook

18 hours ago, cgu112 said:

LaMaR nEeDs a TrUe Wr1.

That video shows a WR dusting his CB regularly and Lamar missing him every time. 

Am I missing the sarcasm?

9 hours ago, cgu112 said:

Oh right it was only one in there right. No massive under throws either.  If the jerseys were blurred out you would think it was dwyane haskins throwing the ball not the reigning mvp.  Jarvis Landry throws a more accurate deep ball. Lmao

Damn. Lamar is the first qb to have multiple overthrows/underthrows during his career. How is he in the league?

35 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

That video shows a WR dusting his CB regularly and Lamar missing him every time. 

clearly

38 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Yea, sarcasm. Plenty on here were attacking me claiming all lamar needs is a “true wr1” and essentially blaming hollywood.  And I said it would make nobody is catching those terrible throws so “proven” wr or not it wouldn't matter. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deke said:

Damn. Lamar is the first qb to have multiple overthrows/underthrows during his career. How is he in the league?

yup. Definitely the argument im making. Hes the only one. Those throws are atrocious. I dk how you can even try to argue otherwise.  I know its early in the states, but try to wake your five brain cells up. 

25 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

Yea, sarcasm. Plenty on here were attacking me claiming all lamar needs is a “true wr1” and essentially blaming hollywood.  And I said it would make nobody is catching those terrible throws so “proven” wr or not it wouldn't matter. 

I mean...I don’t encounter many people who think Hollywood Brown isn’t good. He’s just more of a #2 because of his size and lack of physicality. The Ravens don’t have a WR who makes contested catches. 

The issue is Willie Snead and Miles Boykin. 

Second straight day, anxious for Sunday lol. I know they said it was minor the other day, but man, Lamar without his legs is... not good for the Ravens.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Deuce1042 said:

I mean...I don’t encounter many people who think Hollywood Brown isn’t good. He’s just more of a #2 because of his size and lack of physicality. The Ravens don’t have a WR who makes contested catches. 

The issue is Willie Snead and Miles Boykin. 

I agree. Not saying his wrs are amazing.  I was more making the point that it wouldnt matter who was on the receiving end of those passes.  I did just see on twitter that hes been great on short and Intermediate throws, but only Wentz has been worse on 20+ yarders so hopefully he picks it up. 

2 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

I agree. Not saying his wrs are amazing.  I was more making the point that it wouldnt matter who was on the receiving end of those passes.  I did just see on twitter that hes been great on short and Intermediate throws, but only Wentz has been worse on 20+ yarders so hopefully he picks it up. 

I think the feeling is that Lamar just needs that one go to receiver that can consistently make contested catches. An Amari Cooper, Mike Evans, or DeVante Parker. He's got a speedster and a TE, but he doesn't have a go to feed receiver. Yeah that's fine with the Ravens being a run first offense and Lamar running a bunch himself, but man, if they had just one big receiving threat on every down it would really elevate this team.

I have no concerns about Lamar playing this week, but I do think this could be the beginning of the end for him. 

Teams have figured him out to some degree. He's one of the worst pure passers in the league. You force him to throw to a mediocre receiving core and we see the result. 

He relies on his legs. Playing through a knee injury when you're not a good passer is a recipe for trouble. Probably not this week against Cincy, but my guess is he further aggravates it sooner than later. 

We know running QBs don't have a long shelf life, particularly one who runs more than any, ever. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, harck said:

Second straight day, anxious for Sunday lol. I know they said it was minor the other day, but man, Lamar without his legs is... not good for the Ravens.

If not RGlll, or try McSorley🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, harck said:

I think the feeling is that Lamar just needs that one go to receiver that can consistently make contested catches. An Amari Cooper, Mike Evans, or DeVante Parker. He's got a speedster and a TE, but he doesn't have a go to feed receiver. Yeah that's fine with the Ravens being a run first offense and Lamar running a bunch himself, but man, if they had just one big receiving threat on every down it would really elevate this team.

yeah I can see that.  My point was that hollywood is consistently getting wide open and lamar keeps missing him. He should be making those throws no matter who is on the other end of them. 

4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I have no concerns about Lamar playing this week, but I do think this could be the beginning of the end for him. 

Teams have figured him out to some degree. He's one of the worst pure passers in the league. You force him to throw to a mediocre receiving core and we see the result. 

He relies on his legs. Playing through a knee injury when you're not a good passer is a recipe for trouble. Probably not this week against Cincy, but my guess is he further aggravates it sooner than later. 

We know running QBs don't have a long shelf life, particularly one who runs more than any, ever. 

You think that or you want that? 

Lamar Jackson exposes a lot of group think in QB evaluation and over reliance on archetypes, and also exposes people who can't differentiate between play styles. I'm not singling you out to pick on you but even people in media who get paid to talk sports do this.

Lamar Jackson does not rely on his legs. The Raven's offense does. He plays the position like every other QB does depending on the play call. Idk why people think he's inclined to take off when that's clearly not evident on film. He runs when it's designed in the offense depending on how he reads the defense or as a last resort. If it's a pass play he stands in the pocket. I feel like people have to repeat this a billion times that he's a pocket QB who happens to be a special runner lol. Also he's not one of the worst "pure passers" (what does this mean?) in the league. That's not justifiable in the metrics or the tape. He's consistently been near the top of the league in several passing categories since the beginning of last season unless you're a fantasy nut (which is what this forum is for) who cares about net yards (a stat that has zero correlation to winning). 

The issue is...people use the Chiefs game as confirmation bias, when he really hasn't even played poorly this year otherwise. You probably never thought he could throw the ball the day he stepped into the league so your narrative is based on that default assumption. 

• Thanks 1

Also pocket QBs are going out of style anyway. If Mahomes and Russell Wilson weren't athletic they wouldn't be as effective and neither would Josh Allen. Their ability to extend plays makes them difficult to defend. Deshaun Watson runs. Kyler Murray runs. This narrative almost exclusively is applied to Lamar because of nonsense in his scouting report coming out of college.  

5 hours ago, cgu112 said:

Funnily enough Lamar has the inverse problem of a lot of "running QBs" before him. Guys like RGIII, Vick, and Kaepernick threw a beautiful deep ball but were spotty and inconsistent in the short and intermediate. Lamar is highly proficient under 30 yards but his consistency dips deep down the field outside the numbers. 

2 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

Funnily enough Lamar has the inverse problem of a lot of "running QBs" before him. Guys like RGIII, Vick, and Kaepernick threw a beautiful deep ball but were spotty and inconsistent in the short and intermediate. Lamar is highly proficient under 30 yards but his consistency dips deep down the field outside the numbers. 

yeah. Clearly my hollywood fandom and fantasy ownership is making me over react. But man it sucks. If they just connect on 2 or 3 of those then hollywood is a top 10 wr right now (maybe even higher)