Corleone

Lamar Jackson 2020 Outlook

39 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

its not his ability to run, its not even his skillset...there's qbs much less talented than him that are putting up better numbers than lamar. its the ravens offensive philosophy and game script that his hindering his performance first and foremost. the ravens are playing garbage teams, running up the score quickly and then coasting with no urgency for entire halfs. the ravens DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAM. That's the issue. They play some better teams between weeks 8 to 12, which may force lamar to push the offense for an entire game, and that's where he might be able to get better numbers...it will be a good opportunity to trade him then because after that the competition is going to be putrid and the ravens offense is gonna be just chillen for large portions. 

For reference they scored 17 points in the first quarter against Cincy and he had 28 pass attempts by half. 

Baltimore threw the ball just 9 more times the rest of the GAME and he only had two carries. They pretty much coasted against Houston too about midway through the 3rd quarter. 

53 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

They wouldn’t be as elite if they didn’t have mobility. If Russell Wilson weren’t athletic he wouldn’t be as good. Not behind that offensive line. 

Yup.  Did I suggest otherwise?

8 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Lamar is still young, but he has shown nothing more than being a threat with his legs. We haven't seen him making split decisions a la Manning, or have that pinpoint accuracy a la Mahomes. He has his legs and that's it. 

This is absurd. Borderline bad-faith. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Deuce1042 said:

If Mahomes gets blind sided by a DE and wrecks his throwing shoulder he isn’t either. 

Yeah, but that hasn’t happened to Mahomes, and Lamar does have a bum knee.  That’s our cause for concern. 

Not sure what this post even means. 

The Ravens have a serious personnel problem at WR. And if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. 

6 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

The Ravens have a serious personnel problem at WR. And if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. 

They have zero weapons on offense EXCEPT Ljax

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

They have zero weapons on offense EXCEPT Ljax

This is just not sustainable that their QB is BY FAR their best playmaker. And maybe only one who actually plays a lot of offensive snaps. Guys just aren't making plays in the passing game. Not getting separation down field, dropping passes, settling down on routes in open field, it's really bad. 

Last year this didn't matter as much because they lined up three tight ends a lot which caused a lot of mismatches. 

3 hours ago, Deuce1042 said:

Yep. Them and the Pats are going to be chasing WR trades in the coming weeks. Would not be surprised at all if Ravens sign Antonio Brown right after his suspension. Lamar needs some help. His day was saved by a couple big runs, but Hollywood is a boom bust speedster and Andrews gets doubled every game. He needs a go to guy.

36 minutes ago, harck said:

Yep. Them and the Pats are going to be chasing WR trades in the coming weeks. Would not be surprised at all if Ravens sign Antonio Brown right after his suspension. Lamar needs some help. His day was saved by a couple big runs, but Hollywood is a boom bust speedster and Andrews gets doubled every game. He needs a go to guy.

Man I've tried to be patient with Miles Boykin and Snead but it's rough. Boykin is in la la land most of the game and Snead is slower than molasses. Boykin's position is the key to opening up the pass game. Hollywood is talented but he's 5'9 and doesn't really like physicality. 

Cam is going through the same issues right now. 

Maybe smith schuster, obviously he’s not doing anything in Pittsburgh anymore, only thing holding him back is division rivals

The team keeps trading for defensive players but signs the corpse of Dez Bryant to help LJax

• Haha 5

Cam and Lamar seem very similar this year so ill pose the question since there is a lot of pessimism around Ljax.......

both need more weapons, both have a ton of value coming from rushing, both are injury risks etc. sooooooo

Cam or Lamar for 2020 if we were re-ranking QB's? tough one for me TBH which is crazy to think about from where we were at pre-season, id take Mahomes - Russ - Kyler over Ljax for sure then the Allen - Watson - Rodgers tier (is Cam in this tier?) is where the decisions get interesting

hopefully we do get vintage Lamar back cause hes fun to watch

Edited by kmoore1521

Its been said a few times but when the Ravens beat up on a scrub team hes not going to go off. Their schedule gets a bit more difficult coming up which is a good thing for him. The only troubling game should be the Kansas City game, and all the Ravens got smoked in that one. 

Anyone benching him this week in a tough divisional matchup? [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

On 10/22/2020 at 5:24 PM, Moveless said:

Its been said a few times but when the Ravens beat up on a scrub team hes not going to go off. Their schedule gets a bit more difficult coming up which is a good thing for him. The only troubling game should be the Kansas City game, and all the Ravens got smoked in that one. 

I feel like Kansas City to a slightly lesser extent is moving in this direction as well. They seem much more content to take the W and get out then before. You just want they guy who is ascending and has to do it all game long. Value wise drafting I mean. Of course everyone would love to have Mahomes/Lamar.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

I own Justin Herbert in a PPR in addition to Jackson.  I am definitely considering benching Jackson for Herbert.  Something I would never have considered going into this season.  

4 minutes ago, Flint55 said:

I own Justin Herbert in a PPR in addition to Jackson.  I am definitely considering benching Jackson for Herbert.  Something I would never have considered going into this season.  

wow really?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dsrich said:

wow really?

Yeah given the match-up.  Again only considering.

19 minutes ago, Flint55 said:

I own Jackson and picked up Herbert for this last week's bye. Lamar playing Pittsburgh isn't inspiring.

One can't go wrong choosing to start Jackson, but Herbert vs the hapless Broncos almost feels like a no brainer if you take player fandom out of the mix. Jackson theoretically could do better against Pittsburgh, but I don't think that's some statistical likelihood.

Lamar had his worst game against the Steelers last year, it wasn’t close. 

1 hour ago, InVINCEable said:

I think you have to consider it at this point. There are so many QBs putting up solid numbers every week. He did awful against Pitt last year and his floor is even lower this year. 

It pains me to say it but guys like Herbert and Wentz are better starts this week, plain and simple. 

You guys do realize he just got Dez bryant? This is what Lamar needed. A true WR1

• Haha 2

Lamar hasn’t posted over 205 yards through the air in any game all season....but I’m not benching him vs the Steelers