Corleone

Lamar Jackson 2020 Outlook

8 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Will pass on him in August since he is now on the cover of this years Madden. 

I thought brady broke the madden curse... his greatest achievement. And mahomes just won the Super Bowl 

The year for duplicate names.

Lamar Jackson DB and A.J. Green DB.

• Like 1

Even though people may just be riding the Mahomes bandwagon as being the #1 fantasy QB again after winning the Super Bowl last season. Lamar Jackson in my opinion is still the best QB out there even if I am a bit biased.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BleachyBlonde said:

Even though people may just be riding the Mahomes bandwagon as being the #1 fantasy QB again after winning the Super Bowl last season. Lamar Jackson in my opinion is still the best QB out there even if I am a bit biased.

I’d pick Lamar over Mahomes too in fantasy.  Rushing matters a lot. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2020 at 4:56 PM, BleachyBlonde said:

Mahomes is by far and away the best player in the NFL. I think some people might feel safer using an early pick on him rather than Lamar.

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Mahomes is by far and away the best player in the NFL. I think some people might feel safer using an early pick on him rather than Lamar.

Is play style is less conducive to injuries as well... even tho he was injured last year. Lamar can only take so many car crashes before he needs a game or two off 

Officially off my draft boards, it looks like he is having too much wreckless fun during this lockdown instead of prepping for the 2020 season, mahomes has taken back the helm

ESPN's Jamison Hensley reports Ravens QB Lamar Jackson is "fine" after tumbling over a jet ski in a video posted on social media.

9 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Officially off my draft boards, it looks like he is having too much wreckless fun during this lockdown instead of prepping for the 2020 season, mahomes has taken back the helm

ESPN's Jamison Hensley reports Ravens QB Lamar Jackson is "fine" after tumbling over a jet ski in a video posted on social media.

You can’t be serious with this post can you?

That video is a joke. Of course he’s fine after tumbling over the jet ski. He barely hit it and then fell into water. It’s not like he’s jumping 70 foot cliffs. 

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

You can’t be serious with this post can you?

That video is a joke. Of course he’s fine after tumbling over the jet ski. He barely hit it and then fell into water. It’s not like he’s jumping 70 foot cliffs. 

I have no clue why this video, taken of another cellphone (!!!) Is the best we have, but apparently this is it. I'm sorry, I can't even tell what happens at the end.

5 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I have no clue why this video, taken of another cellphone (!!!) Is the best we have, but apparently this is it. I'm sorry, I can't even tell what happens at the end.

Nothing happened. He basically jumped over the jet ski to avoid it into some water. How it’s this big of a deal is beyond me. The worse injury that could come from it is like a bruise that goes away in 2 days from bumping his shin into the jet ski or something. If sports weren’t basically on hold because of COVID it wouldn’t even be a story. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, ginocan said:

Madden Cover, do you believe? 

Yes I 100% believe in the madden cover curse.

The last guy only- *checks notes* only won the Super Bowl. The QB before him also only made it to the Super Bowl and threw for over 500 yards in the game.

Cursed all of them I tell ya...

Edited by Gohawks

59 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yes I 100% believe in the madden cover curse.

The last guy only- *checks notes* only won the Super Bowl. The QB before him also only made it to the Super Bowl and threw for over 500 yards in the game.

Cursed all of them I tell ya...

I didn’t know people actually play fantasy football all the way to the SB. Y’all are some dedicated fanfasy footballers. Kudos. 

Well, i do stand corrected, im not a social media dude, I do not own a facebook Instatock machine so i did not see the vid that it was a pickup football game.  and there was no mention in my initial reply, just sounded like an undisciplined party from their report

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

94 rating in madden 2021. I bet if you switch his position to RB it’s like 98. This Kid is always getting disrespected by someone 

Edited by Stonej14

Am I stating the obvious or is injury the only way he doesn’t ball out and cash in, even with the gaudy price tag?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Am I stating the obvious or is injury the only way he doesn’t ball out and cash in, even with the gaudy price tag?

id say his passing TDs are due to regress some. Currently Russell Wilson is the only qb in the nfl with an active back to back 30 passing TD seasons streak (3 seasons). Plenty of qbs have done this like manning, brees, brady, Rodgers, rivers, romo. All those guys are HOF level guys or living legends. Other notable qbs who never passed for 30 or more TDs in back to back seasons are Andrew luck, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Matt Stanford, wentz, cousins, and mahomes (I kno injures but he still played in 14 games). Some flukes have happened like Eli Manning but because of that stat and those names I’d bet jackson throws 29TDs or fewer this year.  

I would also believe his rushing stats will come down as well because the ravens probably won’t be ahead for 95% of every game and the NFL has an offseason to catch up to what they’re were doing and the ravens probably don’t want to get him hurt. However you can’t just make someone that good at running the balls stop. He will still run for a bundle.. 850+

Because of every thing said above and that fact his young offensive weapons should also only be getting better I believe his passing yardage will increase 3800+

His rushing TD numbers are a real toss up. Kind of afraid to guess. Maybe he gets 4 or 14. 

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

He's too fast.  They can try to game plan for his rushing, but those coaches will be in a world of hurt, 

He's certainly an incredible player. A near cheat code for an NFL offense and a sure cheat code for a fantasy team.

I doubt he gets there in most casual leagues, but I'm having a hard time passing him in the later 3rd, especially if I start with 2 RBs and can hit WRs in rounds 4-6.

On 7/15/2020 at 5:08 PM, Stonej14 said:

id say his passing TDs are due to regress some. Currently Russell Wilson is the only qb in the nfl with an active back to back 30 passing TD seasons streak (3 seasons). Plenty of qbs have done this like manning, brees, brady, Rodgers, rivers, romo. All those guys are HOF level guys or living legends. Other notable qbs who never passed for 30 or more TDs in back to back seasons are Andrew luck, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Matt Stanford, wentz, cousins, and mahomes (I kno injures but he still played in 14 games). Some flukes have happened like Eli Manning but because of that stat and those names I’d bet jackson throws 29TDs or fewer this year.  

I would also believe his rushing stats will come down as well because the ravens probably won’t be ahead for 95% of every game and the NFL has an offseason to catch up to what they’re were doing and the ravens probably don’t want to get him hurt. However you can’t just make someone that good at running the balls stop. He will still run for a bundle.. 850+

Because of every thing said above and that fact his young offensive weapons should also only be getting better I believe his passing yardage will increase 3800+

His rushing TD numbers are a real toss up. Kind of afraid to guess. Maybe he gets 4 or 14. 

You are right on the bolded but the reasoning is a bit flawed.

The real reason the pass TDs are going to regress is because the Ravens had the 32nd most pass attempts in the league and will likely have a similar number this year as well.

That just isn't enough volume to sustain 30+ TDs without a really unsustainable TD rate like 9% last season (% of passes which were TDs)

25 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

You are right on the bolded but the reasoning is a bit flawed.

The real reason the pass TDs are going to regress is because the Ravens had the 32nd most pass attempts in the league and will likely have a similar number this year as well.

That just isn't enough volume to sustain 30+ TDs without a really unsustainable TD rate like 9% last season (% of passes which were TDs)

I agree with you on this as well I think both stats give plenty of evidence on to why Jackson will regress in the passing TD department. 

46 minutes ago, aapox said:

He's certainly an incredible player. A near cheat code for an NFL offense and a sure cheat code for a fantasy team.

I doubt he gets there in most casual leagues, but I'm having a hard time passing him in the later 3rd, especially if I start with 2 RBs and can hit WRs in rounds 4-6.

The thing is he’s not making it past the 3rd , that’s the price you’ll pay for Lamar. I’ve always been adamant about waiting on QB , but man is if fun having Mahomes or LJax on your squad. Just makes fantasy that much more enjoyable , even watching the games themselves. I think this year I may just pull the trigger , in atleast one league ... screw it. It’s a heavy draft price with either one, but your pretty much guaranteeing yourself a top5 QB finish with a decent chance at 1st overall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aapox said:

Do what?

Lamar Jackson in the 3rd round?

Biggest cheat code in fantasy football. An excellent QB who also posts RB1 numbers. 

Same reason CMC was so devastating to opponents last year and was by far and away the best PPR player because he posted RB1 AND WR1 numbers.

Consider yourself lucky to get LJax in the 2nd round of any competitive league.

Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2020 at 6:56 AM, BMcP said:

Does that reputation encompass the murderer they made a statue of outside their stadium?

Careful, BLM might be listening 

Anyway I'm all in on Jackson this year, even if his rushing numbers take a hit, which I think they will, it won't be severe and I can see his passing #s going up.

Edited by bomont