Rotoworld.com Forums

Lamar Jackson 2020 Outlook

Looking forward to what should be reasonable draft value for LJax next season. Was way overdrafted this year - round 2/3 was ridiculous for a position that is always deep. If he is sitting there in like round 7/8 or later next year which is where he should be at least going based off play this season I would consider. Not wasting too much draft capital but has the potential to return something close to that MVP season but obviously also the dud he produced this season.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RG3?

The team keeps trading for defensive players but signs the corpse of Dez Bryant to help LJax

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Black_Panther said:

Looking forward to what should be reasonable draft value for LJax next season. Was way overdrafted this year - round 2/3 was ridiculous for a position that is always deep. If he is sitting there in like round 7/8 or later next year which is where he should be at least going based off play this season I would consider. Not wasting too much draft capital but has the potential to return something close to that MVP season but obviously also the dud he produced this season.

I don't have Lamar anywhere but from what I've seen on the outside this year seems like a "floor" year for him.  It'd definitely help Lamar if Baltimore gets more WR talent.

On 12/1/2020 at 11:30 AM, MingusDew said:

He's expected to be available for the Cowboys game in Week 13.

I'm not saying you're wrong by any means because I saw that report as well but it's far from a guarantee IMO. I'd put it at about 50/50. 

22 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm not saying you're wrong by any means because I saw that report as well but it's far from a guarantee IMO. I'd put it at about 50/50. 

I hope him and Dobbins are back. They could really feast on those sorry Cowboys defense on the ground.

6 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

That's true, it's not a certainty. I'm thinking he plays if he's eligible and healthy, though. Ravens need to start winning games.

20 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

That's true, it's not a certainty. I'm thinking he plays if he's eligible and healthy, though. Ravens need to start winning games.

We should get a better idea as the game gets closer. Tuesday game though so if there's still alot of uncertainty he's a dicey play. 

18 minutes ago, owenmills said:

We should get a better idea as the game gets closer. Tuesday game though so if there's still alot of uncertainty he's a dicey play. 

Yeah, if there's nothing concrete by Sunday morning, I think you have to start someone else, despite how juicy the matchup against the Cowboys is.  You could grab Dalton as insurance, but that's probably a poor decision.  You are better off with someone like Cousins or Hill or dare I say Trubisky instead of potentially chancing Tuesday and being stuck with Dalton.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, yanksman said:

Hes not playing if hes still testing positive.

Again, guys have come back while testing positive. If they are asymptomatic after 10 days, they can play. Guys can test positive for weeks after COVID.

i'll give lamar props for one thing, he NEVER had a week as bad as the worst weeks of the other "top" qbs (Mahomes, Wilson, Kyler, Rodgers, Allen) in fantasy this year. Lamar will always provide a high floor, i guess that's his advantage...it's the upside that's been the issue. He's 23, maybe he improves next year...hah. 

2 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

i'll give lamar props for one thing, he NEVER had a week as bad as the worst weeks of the other "top" qbs (Mahomes, Wilson, Kyler, Rodgers, Allen) in fantasy this year. Lamar will always provide a high floor, i guess that's his advantage...it's the upside that's been the issue. He's 23, maybe he improves next year...hah. 

Yes let me have a guy who had 1 more pt and 2 more pts than mahomes worst week. He is a QB2, and plenty of guys have his floor. His confidence is shot and he cant throw, and the players (Brown and Andrews) not being consistent options is hurting the team and ceiling of this offense. Id much rather have Tanehill over him ROS

49 minutes ago, yanksman said:

How do you know hes asymptomatic?

I'm not saying he is, we won't know that until we get more information in the next few days. I was simply responding to your post saying he's not playing if he is testing positive. Players have come back and played after 10 days this season while still testing positive. IF he's asymptomatic, he can still play while testing positive.

Edited by harck
1 hour ago, Har18 said:

I believe he will be playing as Vegas has the Ravens favored by 8. I don't see them getting 8 if they have any inclination that one of the other two backups have a reasonable shot and being the QB. 

Bingo. Follow the $$$.. there are wayyyy too many sharps that might bet their house on +8 vs Trace Mcsorley

9 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

Yeah, if there's nothing concrete by Sunday morning, I think you have to start someone else, despite how juicy the matchup against the Cowboys is.  You could grab Dalton as insurance, but that's probably a poor decision.  You are better off with someone like Cousins or Hill or dare I say Trubisky instead of potentially chancing Tuesday and being stuck with Dalton.

Absolutely. Just as a means of comparison, I grabbed Cousins as well and if Lamar isn't a definite come Sunday morning I am 100% rolling with Cousins. I'd go Hill as well. You'd have to get like into the QB 20+ range before it was worth the gamble. We're not talking the Lamar of last year. A guy like Cousins could easily outscore him straight up. 

4 hours ago, TroutFister said:

Thats kind of grasping at straws. He's had his fare share of duds. 

5 hours ago, urban2014 said:

They have an easy schedule 

Not sure if thats a good thing. Lack of competitive games have been a problem this season.

18 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

Dalton with a 50/50 of Lamar > Cousins or Hill with a 0% chance of Lamar