Corleone

Lamar Jackson 2020 Outlook

15/28 for only 97 yards passing but 84 yards rushing.

He looked like Atlanta Mike Vick tonight.

13 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Always fade the consensus #1 QB.

Always fade a QB in the first 2 rounds. Mahomes despite balling still isn't worth his ADP IMO.

• Like 3

ravens can't play from behind.  if they are not playing from ahead your going to see games like this.  besides everyone choking and dropping passes.  play action won't be effective when it's obviously a pass.  really the defense and jackson took turns letting each other down.  first half the defense was out there the entire time playing tired and letting them score in chunks.  when they got forced to the air, without play action and selling the run they weren't effective creating the space that these receivers need.  obviously they need to be "complete blown coverage" open to catch balls. the only thing that gets me is the field goal in the beginning of the game.  you've played and lost to these guys twice before and bothe times it was a run up the scoreboard kind of game.  why in the world would you go for a field goal on 4th and 2 in the redzone

Edited by TeeGee60
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Always fade a QB in the first 2 rounds. Mahomes despite balling still isn't worth his ADP IMO.

Probably wont pay off, but with the rash of injuries throughout the top 24 guys, it's not something that should cost you your league.

CMC, Barkley, MT, Mixon, Godwin, Kittle, Drake, Julio, Conner have all missed either one game/given out 0s, or have been busts. 

Then you have the Thielens and Mike Evans of the world, where they're kind of meeting ADP, barely. Would never go QB in the second, but this season was actually not the worst, all things equal, for Mahomes as a top 25 pick. 

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I agree. I always like to have at least 2 RBs and 1-2 WRs before even considering QB. At least Mahomes has been great and isnt killing your team if you took him early.

2 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

Probably wont pay off, but with the rash of injuries throughout the top 24 guys, it's not something that should cost you your league.

CMC, Barkley, MT, Mixon, Godwin, Kittle, Drake, Julio, Conner have all missed either one game/given out 0s, or have been busts. 

Then you have the Thielens and Mike Evans of the world, where they're kind of meeting ADP, barely. Would never go QB in the second, but this season was actually not the worst, all things equal, for Mahomes as a top 25 pick. 

The thing is taking a QB so early just isnt good process. 

25 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Always fade the consensus #1 QB.

That was Mahomes

What a mess. This was supposed to be close.

Extremely bad play calling. 

Mark Andrews dropped several easy crucial passes at critical points of the game.

Seems they never learn, 8 targets to TE dropping easy catches? They shifted to Nick Boyle way too late.

M Brown also dropped few passes. 

Miles Boykin and Willie Snead got only 2 targets each. They deserve a lot more targets.

Not impressed with Lamar with 2nd-3rd round draft pick and very expensive auction prices.

QBs drafted below him are all balling out.

Russell - Looks like he is competing with Mahomes

Dak - Balling out and passing crazy these days.

Kyler - Doing great with Nuk.

Josh Allen - Biggest surprise, he has got us QB1 numbers at 7-10th round price.

Lamar is producing with legs, but the passing game has been bad.

Oline is decent but subpar WRs combined with bad play calling is impacting his play.

Tempted to trade him for an upgrade of one of my starters.

I have drafted Lamar in 5 out of my 9 leagues.

97 passing yards, like you have to try to be that bad. He might run like Michael Vick but he throws worse than Tebow. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zen25 said:

What a mess. This was supposed to be close.

Extremely bad play calling. 

Mark Andrews dropped several easy crucial passes at critical points of the game.

Seems they never learn, 8 targets to TE dropping easy catches? They shifted to Nick Boyle way too late.

M Brown also dropped few passes. 

Miles Boykin and Willie Snead got only 2 targets each. They deserve a lot more targets.

Not impressed with Lamar with 2nd-3rd round draft pick and very expensive auction prices.

QBs drafted below him are all balling out.

Russell - Looks like he is competing with Mahomes

Dak - Balling out and passing crazy these days.

Kyler - Doing great with Nuk.

Josh Allen - Biggest surprise, he has got us QB1 numbers at 7-10th round price.

Lamar is producing with legs, but the passing game has been bad.

Oline is decent but subpar WRs combined with bad play calling is impacting his play.

Tempted to trade him for an upgrade of one of my starters.

I have drafted Lamar in 5 out of my 9 leagues.

the oline was terrible tonight 

Hurting stat is 97 passing yards while trailing Gun slinger Mahomes for entire game.

• Like 1

A Dwyane Haskins type performance on MNF at home vs. your arch-nemesis for a Week 3 game that may be rife with playoff implications....suggests that this appears to be the proper time for owners to PANIC!!!

Somebody please have that Spiderman Pointing At Spiderman gif ready for next week when Lamar and Haskins meet for real!!!

3 minutes ago, Al.Davis said:

A Dwyane Haskins type performance on MNF at home vs. your arch-nemesis for a Week 3 game that may be rife with playoff implications....suggests that this appears to be the proper time for owners to PANIC!!!

Somebody please have that Spiderman Pointing At Spiderman gif ready for next week when Lamar and Haskins meet for real!!!

Nothing about tonight is fluky? Like writing it off to a bad game?

Because you all are right- Tennessee whooped these guys and go up early, and the Ravens just can't make anything happen when they play from behind...

I can’t believe Ravens were being projected to win against the Chiefs lmao. Chiefs formula is always the same with Ravens—get a lead on them early and force Jackson to play QB.

Jackson can not hit his receivers in stride or throw into windows regularly enough. He’s not nearly reliable enough of a passer if they’re in situations where he needs to pass. Unbelievable people would rather have this guy in the 2nd round when they could have gotten Wilson, Prescott, and Murray in rounds 5-7 in most leagues. 

Jackson will not finish top 5 at QB

I think right now still ultimate buy low. No one can compete with his stats last year and the big games will come. I'm trying buy him in leagues where I have Brees.

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

More like Tim Tebow

• Like 1

I bought him before the game, dealing away Deshaun in the process. 

I’m not worried one bit by tonight’s game.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, pierceNKC said:

I bought him before the game, dealing away Deshaun in the process. 

I’m not worried one bit by tonight’s game.

I wouldnt because I think the Chiefs have his number but he needs to start putting up some monster weeks.

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 2

Wanted to own him this year and paid for him.

He looked defeated tonight.  When they were down two scores in the 4th, there was no semblance of urgency or hurry-up.  They were still huddling, Jackson was taking his sweet time delivering the play, making pre-snap signals, etc.  You're down two scores with 5 minutes left.  Hurry the F up.  Get up to the line, call a play, and street ball it.  Sheesh.

Drop city... his best WR is his TE.. Not Good!

Edited by BIGFATPANDA
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Evincar said:

He's a vick clone. Just garbage. D's have figured out his weak game. He can beat bad teams but this is what happens when the d does what they are supposed to against him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tghetty said:

the oline was terrible tonight 

Wait til they foolishly pay this clown and can't afford that dominant Ol they had.