Corleone

Lamar Jackson 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

:lol: yeah, those receivers grown on trees. Maybe get a QB that can make the receiver better. Fact is this guy completely stinks at throwing an NFL football. Jerry Rice would demand that this guy be benched in favor of the backup.

 

Jerry Rice at least made a pro bowl.

 

I'd rather see Lamar Jackson's duel threat ability on display when he had some real talented WRs like AB drawing a lot of defensive attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

:lol: yeah, those receivers grown on trees. Maybe get a QB that can make the receiver better. Fact is this guy completely stinks at throwing an NFL football. Jerry Rice would demand that this guy be benched in favor of the backup.

 

Hard to take a guy seriously whose username represents the career interception leader (by a mile) and quite possibly the most overrated Hall of Fame quarterback of all time.  🙂

But that said, I bailed on Lamar this morning too for a couple of reasons:  the Ravens are a run first offense with 4 very capable backs so no need for him to run like he did last year, he probably will miss parts of some 4th quarters in blowouts, and I admit, his accuracy is pretty suspect at this point.  Very disappointed in last night as both a fantasy guy and more importantly, a Ravens fan.  But he's not the total POS that you say he is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lamar looked rattled last night. Didn't seem to have much time to throw or go deep so a lot of short stuff. When he did throw it looked bad half the time, and the other half were drops. Marquise brown can run go routes but that guys a skeleton and he's going to get killed running crossing routes. The game plan was bad, his supporting cast is questionable, and the chiefs played about as well as they could last night. He's an MVP though so making the statement that he's not a nfl qb seems unfounded. But he is not an arm talent like Mahomes ill give ya that. On to Washington where I suspect things get right.   ... I'm also starting to wonder if constantly switching rbs in and out doesn't allow any of them to become comfortable or build a rhythm. 

Edited by Buckmcbuck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buckmcbuck said:

Lamar looked rattled last night. Didn't seem to have much time to throw or go deep so a lot of short stuff. When he did throw it looked bad half the time, and the other half were drops. Marquise brown can run go routes but that guys a skeleton and he's going to get killed running crossing routes. The game plan was bad, his supporting cast is questionable, and the chiefs played about as well as they could last night. On to Washington where I suspect things get right.   ... I'm also starting to wonder if constantly switching rbs in and out doesn't allow any of them to become comfortable or build a rhythm. 

 

Good post

 

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buckmcbuck said:

Lamar looked rattled last night. Didn't seem to have much time to throw or go deep so a lot of short stuff. When he did throw it looked bad half the time, and the other half were drops. Marquise brown can run go routes but that guys a skeleton and he's going to get killed running crossing routes. The game plan was bad, his supporting cast is questionable, and the chiefs played about as well as they could last night. He's an MVP though so making the statement that he's not a nfl qb seems unfounded. But he is not an arm talent like Mahomes ill give ya that. On to Washington where I suspect things get right.   ... I'm also starting to wonder if constantly switching rbs in and out doesn't allow any of them to become comfortable or build a rhythm. 

That whole team looked rattled. Lamar never seemed comfortable, his line did not do a good job, Andrews couldn't remember how hands were supposed to work and defenders were constantly out of place or miscommunicating and then bitching at each other after the play. Even when the defense played well Mahomes was dropping dimes and the KC skill position players were making plays. The KC defense also played a great game--they were everywhere and their tackling was on point. The Ravens all seemed completely in shock by halftime. I have no idea what they thought was going to happen but clearly whatever KC was doing completely took them out of their game on both sides of the ball. They might be the 2nd best team in the NFL but KC is THE best, they were obviously on a mission to show it last night, and they own the Ravens at this point. Going in to that game I thought it was KC and Baltimore and then everybody else. Now it's pretty clear it's KC and...everybody else, I guess. I'm getting a real "Golden State Warriors after they won their 1st ring" vibe from this KC team. 

I think the point about constantly cycling through 4 RBs might be a good one. Might be good for the Ravens to tighten up that rotation a bit. 

I don't think you can judge LJ as a fantasy asset based on last night's game. If he doesn't produce against Washington next week, without Chase Young and on a mission to try to prove this shellacking was a fluke, THEN it's time to worry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't posted on here in a long a** time, but i have lamar in a keeper (along with andrews)...and i really want no part of him going forward. I hope to trade him based on the perception that he's a top players at his position (he's not). So i'm really hoping for a big game vs washington so i can trade high. 
I have many issues but it doesn't have to do with Lamar so much as a player because he runs a ton and he will always have one of the highest or the highest floors amongst qbs. But in fantasy, you want players with high ceilings especially when you spend such large draft capital on a player. I just don't see that with lamar or anyone on the ravens for that matter.

As mentioned above they're a run first team with 3 viable backs and a stout defense. They blow out bad teams early and then just coast by running the ball and dinking and dunking with short passes with a deep pass sprinkled in every 20 plays. There's no urgency for them to rack up pts in a manner that will help you in fantasy. Why throw the ball when you have a good defense and a big lead? Some coaches like to keep the pressure on regardless of the score, not Harbaugh. He's just content with taking it easy and not pushing guys which may result in an injury...i mean it's good for real life, but fantasy, not so much. 

Against good teams, i don't see any urgency either...they're down and we continue to see the casual dink and dunk plays that don't result in any fantasy benefits for jackson. It doesn't help that he doesn't have the best receiving options, but a good qb should be able to make any nfl professional look decent. Lamar doesn't really do that because he's not accurate. 97 yards last night is just disgustingly embarrassing. I was so embarrassed of lamar and me personally for thinking so highly of him and his team. Even if he's a mediocre passer you should be throwing for more than 200 yards vs a chiefs team when you're behind. Just ugly, so painfully ugly. 

Also i'm not too optimistic that he puts up a big game vs washington either, i see about 10 other qbs having better days on week 4. Once again, the ravens are NOT good for fantasy...unless you own tucker and their def. Ravens are gonna spank washington 35-10, and lamar might have 2 tds and 25 pts...while guys like mahomes, dak, allen and russ have 40. heck i can see fitz having a much better fantasy game than lamar based on game script vs seattle. 

Edited by TroutFister
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

I haven't posted on here in a long a** time, but i have lamar in a keeper (along with andrews)...and i really want no part of him going forward. I hope to trade him based on the perception that he's a top players at his position (he's not). So i'm really hoping for a big game vs washington so i can trade high. 
I have many issues but it doesn't have to do with Lamar so much as a player because he runs a ton and he will always have one of the highest or the highest floors amongst qbs. But in fantasy, you want players with high ceilings especially when you spend such large draft capital on a player. I just don't see that with lamar or anyone on the ravens for that matter.

As mentioned above they're a run first team with 3 viable backs and a stout defense. They blow out bad teams early and then just coast by running the ball and dinking and dunking with short passes with a deep pass sprinkled in every 20 plays. There's no urgency for them to rack up pts in a manner that will help you in fantasy. Why throw the ball when you have a good defense and a big lead? Some coaches like to keep the pressure on regardless of the score, not Harbaugh. He's just content with taking it easy and not pushing guys which may result in an injury...i mean it's good for real life, but fantasy, not so much. 

Against good teams, i don't see any urgency either...they're down and we continue to see the casual dink and dunk plays that don't result in any fantasy benefits for jackson. It doesn't help that he doesn't have the best receiving options, but a good qb should be able to make any nfl professional look decent. Lamar doesn't really do that because he's not accurate. 97 yards last night is just disgustingly embarrassing. I was so embarrassed of lamar and me personally for thinking so highly of him and his team. Even if he's a mediocre passer you should be throwing for more than 200 yards vs a chiefs team when you're behind. Just ugly, so painfully ugly. 

Also i'm not too optimistic that he puts up a big game vs washington either, i see about 10 other qbs having better days on week 4. Once again, the ravens are NOT good for fantasy...unless you own tucker and their def. 

 

He had 80+ rushing yards and scored 16+ points in my league in what can be considered his worst game. 

 

Not bad.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

I haven't posted on here in a long a** time, but i have lamar in a keeper (along with andrews)...and i really want no part of him going forward. I hope to trade him based on the perception that he's a top players at his position (he's not). So i'm really hoping for a big game vs washington so i can trade high. 
I have many issues but it doesn't have to do with Lamar so much as a player because he runs a ton and he will always have one of the highest or the highest floors amongst qbs. But in fantasy, you want players with high ceilings especially when you spend such large draft capital on a player. I just don't see that with lamar or anyone on the ravens for that matter.

As mentioned above they're a run first team with 3 viable backs and a stout defense. They blow out bad teams early and then just coast by running the ball and dinking and dunking with short passes with a deep pass sprinkled in every 20 plays. There's no urgency for them to rack up pts in a manner that will help you in fantasy. Why throw the ball when you have a good defense and a big lead? Some coaches like to keep the pressure on regardless of the score, not Harbaugh. He's just content with taking it easy and not pushing guys which may result in an injury...i mean it's good for real life, but fantasy, not so much. 

Against good teams, i don't see any urgency either...they're down and we continue to see the casual dink and dunk plays that don't result in any fantasy benefits for jackson. It doesn't help that he doesn't have the best receiving options, but a good qb should be able to make any nfl professional look decent. Lamar doesn't really do that because he's not accurate. 97 yards last night is just disgustingly embarrassing. I was so embarrassed of lamar and me personally for thinking so highly of him and his team. Even if he's a mediocre passer you should be throwing for more than 200 yards vs a chiefs team when you're behind. Just ugly, so painfully ugly. 

Also i'm not too optimistic that he puts up a big game vs washington either, i see about 10 other qbs having better days on week 4. Once again, the ravens are NOT good for fantasy...unless you own tucker and their def. 

that paragraph right there describes pretty much the entire 2019 Ravens season when LJ put up record-breaking numbers. Harbaugh is a lot of things but he is not afraid to run up the score. Hell--he got a bit of crap for leaving LJ in as long as he did in the game 1 of THIS season. Regardless of how much they're winning by LJ is usually in through to the end of the 3rd quarter. 

Next 3 games--Washington, Cincy, Philly. I'm telling you guys--do not overreact to them getting whupped by the Chiefs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

He had 80+ rushing yards and scored 16+ points in my league in what can be considered his worst game. 

 

Not bad.

 

yah and i lost all the leagues that i had him in...because that was one of the worst performances amongst ALL starting fantasy qbs in week 3. I'm also talking about week 2 where he "looked good" but resulted in roughly the same fantasy score. Look at his week 14, 15, 16 matchups...what you saw in week 2 is likely what's going to happen in the playoffs...a quick lead, stifling defense, then running the ball. This is a new era of football, where virtually every new qb is mobile...yah lamar might be the best runner, but he may also be the worst at throwing the ball accurately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TroutFister said:

yah and i lost all the leagues that i had him in...because that was one of the worst performances amongst ALL starting fantasy qbs in week 3. I'm also talking about week 2 where he "looked good" but resulted in roughly the same fantasy score. Look at his week 14, 15, 16 matchups...what you saw in week 2 is likely what's going to happen in the playoffs...a quick lead, stifling defense, then running the ball. This is a new era of football, where virtually every new qb is mobile...yah lamar might be the best runner, but he may also be the worst at throwing the ball accurately. 

 

I doubt Lamar Jackson and his 16 points was the reason you lost in all your leagues last week.

 

I can understand your rage but LJax in fantasy is right on time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yossarian said:

that paragraph right there describes pretty much the entire 2019 Ravens season when LJ put up record-breaking numbers. Harbaugh is a lot of things but he is not afraid to run up the score. Hell--he got a bit of crap for leaving LJ in as long as he did in the game 1 of THIS season. Regardless of how much they're winning by LJ is usually in through to the end of the 3rd quarter. 

Next 3 games--Washington, Cincy, Philly. I'm telling you guys--do not overreact to them getting whupped by the Chiefs. 

I'm talking about week 2 as well. Being on the field in a blowout game isn't the same as doing something fantasy relevant. Lamar handing the ball off to dobbins, ingram or gus...isn't helping you win leagues an neither are little dink and dunk passes to these 3 to eat clock. I want to win a championship and the ravens don't play call to help you do that, sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

I doubt Lamar Jackson and his 16 points was the reason you lost in all your leagues last week.

 

I can understand your rage but LJax in fantasy is right on time.

i made the right plays in all my leagues. i played jeff wilson when i had to. i played lazard when i had to. i played isabella when i had to. i streamed jimmy graham when i had to. every decision i made was the right one...but the set it & quit it mentality of lamar jackson isn't working. When you have a supposed top qb like lamar, that you likely spent massive draft capital on, you don't want to look at the waiver wire and see 5 to 10 guys that put up better numbers. this happened 2 weeks in a row. and even in week 1, lamar did nothing in the 4th quarter because they had a lead. even after week 1 he wasn't a top 5 qb (in many scoring formats). people drafted guys like mahomes and lamar to be head and shoulders above the remaining qbs...not to put up numbers akin to waiver fodder.

Edited by TroutFister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TroutFister said:

I'm talking about week 2 as well. Being on the field in a blowout game isn't the same as doing something fantasy relevant. Lamar handing the ball off to dobbins, ingram or gus...isn't helping you win leagues an neither are little dink and dunk passes to these 3 to eat clock. I want to win a championship and the ravens don't play call to help you do that, sorry. 

so you're discounting all 16 games from last season, when the Ravens were often in that same blow-out situation and LJ put up massive points, in favor of 1 game in week 2 of this season? On top of that you're hoping he scores a bunch of points against Washington in a blowout win, returning to a pattern established for most of last season so...you can trade him away? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yossarian said:

so you're discounting all 16 games from last season, when the Ravens were often in that same blow-out situation and LJ put up massive points, in favor of 1 game in week 2 of this season? On top of that you're hoping he scores a bunch of points against Washington in a blowout win, returning to a pattern established for most of last season so...you can trade him away? 

last year looks like a complete anomaly. the ravens drafted dobbins for a reason and it was to emphasize the run game and they're sticking to the run even when they're getting their **** pushed in.

i'm hoping for what he did in week 1 which so far would be considered a "good" performance for a rostered fantasy qb. if i can upgrade at another position and then stream at qb with waiver fodder, i'd rather do that than deal with lamar. lamar isn't stealing anyone league championships this year, people drafted him this early for that reason. the sooner you realize this the better. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Jerry Rice at least made a pro bowl.

 

I'd rather see Lamar Jackson's duel threat ability on display when he had some real talented WRs like AB drawing a lot of defensive attention.

 

Sorry Cleats. Hollywood would be a star with an accurate QB. Missed him for THREE TDs last night. Jackson fans boys will say Hollywood missed them but they were poor throws. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, this guy right here said:

 

Sorry Cleats. Hollywood would be a star with an accurate QB. Missed him for THREE TDs last night. Jackson fans boys will say Hollywood missed them but they were poor throws. 

 

Maybe you are right. Hollywood doesn't scare a defense though. If you don't understand the point I'm making maybe we are on different wave lengths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Hollywood doesn't scare a defense though.

 

Perhaps this is because they don't fear Lamar getting it to him. 

 

One would assume getting pro-bowl talent around Lamar would make him better. Some would make the argument Diggs is the reason Allen a stud now. The thing is he has also changed his approach and improved his accuracy. Doesn't seem Lamar has...at least in last nights game. Don't have stats to back it up.

 

I was high on, and drafted Lamar.

Edited by this guy right here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

 

Perhaps this is because they don't fear Lamar getting it to him. 

 

One would assume getting pro-bowl talent around Lamar would make him better. Some would make the argument Diggs is the reason Allen a stud now. The thing is he has also changed his approach and improved his accuracy. Doesn't seem Lamar has.

 

Maybe Lamar would if he had a WR as good as Diggs. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I can understand your rage but LJax in fantasy is right on time.

He was drafted at worst as the QB2 and he's currently the QB12. He's been a huge bust thus far, there's just no way around that. 

And yes guys you draft in the first three rounds grossly underperforming can cost you weeks. You act like you can always place blame elsewhere. If Lamar is 10 under his projection and Mahomes (who essentially had an identical ADP) more than doubles his point total, that can most certainly cost you a week. 

And to say Lamar as the QB12 isn't incredibly disappointing is simply disingenuous. 

Through three weeks he's scored 7 more points than a QB that was benched. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TroutFister said:

I haven't posted on here in a long a** time, but i have lamar in a keeper (along with andrews)...and i really want no part of him going forward. I hope to trade him based on the perception that he's a top players at his position (he's not). So i'm really hoping for a big game vs washington so i can trade high. 
I have many issues but it doesn't have to do with Lamar so much as a player because he runs a ton and he will always have one of the highest or the highest floors amongst qbs. But in fantasy, you want players with high ceilings especially when you spend such large draft capital on a player. I just don't see that with lamar or anyone on the ravens for that matter.

As mentioned above they're a run first team with 3 viable backs and a stout defense. They blow out bad teams early and then just coast by running the ball and dinking and dunking with short passes with a deep pass sprinkled in every 20 plays. There's no urgency for them to rack up pts in a manner that will help you in fantasy. Why throw the ball when you have a good defense and a big lead? Some coaches like to keep the pressure on regardless of the score, not Harbaugh. He's just content with taking it easy and not pushing guys which may result in an injury...i mean it's good for real life, but fantasy, not so much. 

Against good teams, i don't see any urgency either...they're down and we continue to see the casual dink and dunk plays that don't result in any fantasy benefits for jackson. It doesn't help that he doesn't have the best receiving options, but a good qb should be able to make any nfl professional look decent. Lamar doesn't really do that because he's not accurate. 97 yards last night is just disgustingly embarrassing. I was so embarrassed of lamar and me personally for thinking so highly of him and his team. Even if he's a mediocre passer you should be throwing for more than 200 yards vs a chiefs team when you're behind. Just ugly, so painfully ugly. 

Also i'm not too optimistic that he puts up a big game vs washington either, i see about 10 other qbs having better days on week 4. Once again, the ravens are NOT good for fantasy...unless you own tucker and their def. Ravens are gonna spank washington 35-10, and lamar might have 2 tds and 25 pts...while guys like mahomes, dak, allen and russ have 40. heck i can see fitz having a much better fantasy game than lamar based on game script vs seattle. 

How is this any different than last year and he had TONS of ceiling game last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, yanksman said:

How is this any different than last year and he had TONS of ceiling game last year. 

a) last year was a historic anomaly.
b) goal for ravens is to win in the playoffs, so if they can conserve energy and prevent injuries , they will take that opportunity.
c) drafting dobbins showed that they are even more concentrated in the run game.
d) lamar simply isn't very accurate
e) his receivers aren't all world
f) many players have had historic seasons, only to fall back to earth the following season and in proceeding seasons. so i'm not going to overrate last year, when many people going into this year were vocal about lamar falling in production (they've been proven right).
g) there's a myriad of mobile qbs in the league, that have don't stout defenses which force their qb to remain competitive throughout an entire game...so there is no longer a distinct advantage of having a player of this ilk on your team. 
e) the game script of most raven games project lamar to not push the offense forward aggressively. So when you drafted lamar to be a top qb and by a large margin, you're ending up with a player that will have games on par with several waiver fodder qbs...suggesting you are better off trading lamar and streaming the qb position to optimize weekly point totals. i'm not comfortable setting lamar in my qb slot and forgetting about it. he's not a guarantee to be a top 5 qb every week, let alone a top 10 qb. most people drafted lamar to ease their mind from not having to worry about the position, losing 2 weeks in a row because my opponents supposed 10th and 15th rated qb out produced lamar by a wide margin, is a hard pill to swallow. imagine drafting CMC and having the likes of singletary outproduce him (while both are healthy).

Edited by TroutFister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the perfect time for the offense as a whole to come together and gel a little bit. Take their lumps and establish their identity. There is no way I am personally trading this guy with a playoff schedule like this. No way! He will light each one of these teams up.

14 @ Browns

15 home vs Jags

16 home vs Giants

17 @ Bengals 

 

Edited by fantasymad
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

This is the perfect time for the offense as a whole to come together and gel a little bit. Take their lumps and establish their identity. There is no way I am personally trading this guy with a playoff schedule like this. No way! He will light each one of these teams up.

14 @ Browns

15 home vs Jags

16 home vs Giants

17 @ Bengals 

 

i thought they established their identity last year. their identity is the run game. they're even more focused on the run this year. right, those games will be blowouts and lamar will be dinking and dunking for half those games and then have rg3 playing in the 4th quarter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some really good points are being made for and against lamar and what his draft price was compared to his output. But I looked at the draft recap in which I took lamar middle of the third round. Right now only two players that were drafted around that range are better to me right now than having lamars potential. Hopkins and mahomes were drafted a few picks after my Jackson. Realistically I was never goin to take Hopkins there (because hindsight is 20/20), so maybe I just picked the wrong early round qb. He did disappoint and has not put up the points I hoped for but we are still talking bout a total stud who just had his worst game ever maybe and still scored 13. Ill listen to offers but it'd take a good one, and as mentioned earlier that playoff schedule is heavenly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...