Corleone

Lamar Jackson 2020 Outlook

On 9/29/2020 at 10:42 AM, BGDDYKWL said:

He's gonna be a collosal bust. And much of that is through no fault of his own, but the fact remains. He has no weapons, he's not a great passer, guys like Wilson, Kyler, Dak, Allen are absolutely lighting it up, and we're probably looking at a finish in the 4-6 range for QBs. 

Honestly we should've seen this coming. Seasons like the one he had last year are VERY rarely replicated. 

Kyler Murray has ball placement issues of his own throwing over the middle of the field. 

15 hours ago, Al.Davis said:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Let us not forget the subject of this thread lead the NFL in TD passes LAST YEAR (while also shattering the QB rushing record in a mere 13 weeks).

I've decided that denial is my friend (it works great on lots of things!) and that Lamar just wanted that game too much.  He was anything but 'loose' / 'comfortable' whatever you wanna call it.  I guarantee he had yesterday's game circled as soon as the schedule came out and was just too hyped to play his normal game.

That said, if Dwayne Haskins outscores Lamar this week his a$$ will be on the Trade Block pronto!!

yes, but that doesn't count because...reasons? he's horribly horribly inaccurate!

17 hours ago, cgu112 said:

Both of you are missing the entire point. 

Hollywood was wide open twice. What does it matter if its a 2nd yr player of 8x pro bowler? The wr was wide open and lamar made 2 horrible throws. Calvin johnson wouldn’t have caught those passes either.   

every pro bowl or go to receiver wouldn’t have that perception if their qb stinks and cant get them the ball. Would Nuk be considered elite if Osweiler was his qb for his entire career? 

you guys keep blaming the wr when the qb is to blame. A WR’s job is to get open.  Hollywood did that. The QB’s job is to throw him a catchable ball.  Lamar didnt do that. This really isnt hard to understand. 

The first ball to Hollywood was thrown over his outside shoulder and Hollywood was looking over his inside shoulder. He located it late and that's why it wasn't a big play. The 2nd one Lamar tried to rifle it in on a rope when he should've put air under it. 

6 hours ago, Deuce1042 said:

Kyler Murray has ball placement issues of his own throwing over the middle of the field. 

Very recently, but he's a MUCH better pure passer than Lamar. And yes, also has better weapons. 

15 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Very recently, but he's a MUCH better pure passer than Lamar. And yes, also has better weapons. 

Tbh he did last year too. I think it has something to do with his height. He's more effective throwing the ball outside the numbers. For as accurate as he is he throws a lot of interceptions that otherwise shouldn't have been if it wasn't a bad decision or spotty ball placement that allowed the defender to make a play on it. 

12 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

Tbh he did last year too. I think it has something to do with his height. He's more effective throwing the ball outside the numbers. For as accurate as he is he throws a lot of interceptions that otherwise shouldn't have been if it wasn't a bad decision or spotty ball placement that allowed the defender to make a play on it. 

I do think his height has a lot to do with it. I don't care what his measurements say he is, he's TINY. 

Just like you said, I remember last year they started every game with him throwing to the sidelines. 

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if his height is leaving to some INTs simply due to visibly missing some things. 

21 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

Is he that much shorter than Russ? Thought they were about the same.

15 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Hes gonna light it up this week, no worries here

hope so. i can also see ravens getting up early and then coasting, as us fantasy owners watch lamar with shades on eating a banana as he ends up as the QB13. 

As long as the defense/special teams don’t score I believe Lamar will put up some numbers this week, positive regression.

23 hours ago, yossarian said:

yes, but that doesn't count because...reasons? he's horribly horribly inaccurate!

You seem to not understand that it can still "count" while at the same time being a complete fluke

1 hour ago, harck said:

Is he that much shorter than Russ? Thought they were about the same.

He's listed at 5'10. TBH I don't believe that. Kyler is like 5'8 or 5'9. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TroutFister said:

hope so. i can also see ravens getting up early and then coasting, as us fantasy owners watch lamar with shades on eating a banana as he ends up as the QB13. 

Yeah this is my biggest fear with the Ravens ROS schedule. Everyone keeps saying "na na Ravens going to all bounce back and feast -- Lamar, Andrews, Hollywood Brown. Just look at their schedule! Lamar runs all over these teams." Biggest problem is going to be if Ravens claw out an early lead (which they will against most of these teams) and their defense remains elite; they are just going to run the ball between their 3 backs for 2 full quarters. No use risking Jackson's health or going to a heavy passing game.

Pretty much what we saw week 2.

Edited by harck

1 minute ago, harck said:

Yeah this is my biggest fear with the Ravens ROS schedule. Everyone keeps saying "na na Ravens going to all bounce back and feast -- Lamar, Andrews, Hollywood Brown. Just look at their schedule! Lamar runs all over these teams." Biggest problem is going to be if Ravens claw out an early lead (which they will against most of these teams) and their defense remains elite; they are just going to run the ball between their 3 backs for 2 full quarters. No use risking Jackson's health or going to a heavy passing game.

they blew everybody out last year and they ran up the score. I damn sure remember Lamar running up the score numerous of times.

Just now, xSouthWESTx said:

they blew everybody out last year and they ran up the score. I damn sure remember Lamar running up the score numerous of times.

Definitely true, but is last year sustainable for them? Especially when they are sitting here looking at injuries to major players across the league. Feel like part of the reason why they drafted another RB is to allow Lamar to run a bit less. He took off a TON against the Chiefs, but that was because their backs were against the wall, not every game is going to be KC.

5 minutes ago, harck said:

Pretty much what we saw week 2.

Tbh I still think the Ravens need to throw the ball a lot over the next three weeks even though they probably don't have to. Washington, Cincy, and the Eagles are bad football teams. Which means it's a great opportunity to get game speed reps addressing things that showed up on tape in the KC game. 

3 minutes ago, harck said:

Definitely true, but is last year sustainable for them? Especially when they are sitting here looking at injuries to major players across the league. Feel like part of the reason why they drafted another RB is to allow Lamar to run a bit less. He took off a TON against the Chiefs, but that was because their backs were against the wall, not every game is going to be KC.

Honestly I wish the Ravens would allow him to do this more when they fall behind. The reason why is because no one on the field can catch him. You see that scramble where he burned a Chiefs DB to the edge in the 3rd quarter? That would've been an even bigger gain if he didn't step outta bounds. 

My fear is that Lamar is letting that "you need to be a pure pocket passer" and "you're just a running back" thing go to his head and it's preventing him from being himself. You can do what NOBODY else in the league can do and that's not something to be ashamed of. If you see a crease, TAKE OFF....and get down. I think people are being kinda reactionary too. As bad the Ravens played, it was a 7 point game in the 4th quarter. The Chiefs had to convert two 3rd downs or Baltimore gets the ball back with a chance to tie. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I'd definitely agree with you there.

The irony is that when the Ravens came out on that first drive, it looked like an easy W. Marched 90 yards off Lamar runs, then a couple gut-wrenching penalties just ended their offensive drive and enabled the KC offensive drive and the game flipped on its head. I definitely think there is some truth to what you're saying, and in general the Ravens panic playing from behind and air it out way more than they should when Lamar can still be taking off to set up the passing game.

Edited by harck

Anytime Lamar wants to show up and be worthy of that second round pick would be most welcome...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CooL said:

Anytime Lamar wants to show up and be worthy of that second round pick would be most welcome...

Unfortunately, no matter how well he does, hw will never be worth that second round pick 

Edited by cgu112

46 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

Unfortunately, no matter how well he does, hw will never be worth that second round pick 

Never... He was last season...

Just now, Novaray said:

Hope those points carried over

He said never. What are you on about?

55 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

9 minutes ago, Moveless said:

Never... He was last season...

Not never was.

• Thanks 1

Just now, this guy right here said:

Not never was.

I missed this guys crystal ball where he saw the future, and we aren't allowed to predict the future with the past, unless its just this three game covid world sample size.