rhg1084

Dustin May 2020 Outlook

Good news for sure. Don't think I'm running him out tomorrow, though.

Not today but I expect him to be a mainstay in my rotation this season now that his spot in the rotation seems to be secured. He is a top of the rotation guy as early as this year but HOU is one lineup I'll pass on since my league has an innings cap.

2 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Not today but I expect him to be a mainstay in my rotation this season now that his spot in the rotation seems to be secured. He is a top of the rotation guy as early as this year but HOU is one lineup I'll pass on since my league has an innings cap.

Would you consider rolling him out if you didn’t have a cap? Im leaning it’s too risky 

5 minutes ago, dkup said:

Would you consider rolling him out if you didn’t have a cap? Im leaning it’s too risky 

I would if LAD was home but on the road against that lineup I just wouldn't risk it personally.

34 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

anyone starting him today?

I’m out for today.  A bad outing is so damaging in a such a short season that I don’t want to take the risk Against this lineup if a win is unlikely because he’s still getting stretched out.  A look and see game for me.  If he tosses a gem, great for future trust, but even if does, it’ll be a short gem.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, whitekenyan24 said:

4 hours ago, dkup said:

In a very VERY short 60 game season with few starts for any pitcher at all you aren't going with a budding superstar like May if you are so wonderfully fortunate to own him?  😂

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Still on the fence myself about tonight and our innings cap is 825 so I am not worried about that at all when trying to make a decision about tonight

Damn, I was hoping to come here for some confidence but it seems like people are opting against it. I'm afraid that's probably the smart call... I'm doing really well in pitching so trying to avoid a blow-up.

I'm starting him. It's not like this is his first rodeo. He had success last year and his first start this year after an interrupted spring training and short summer training camp, was reasonably acceptable. 

He was pulled after 60 pitches in his first start. I hope he goes 80 pitches for the W but it's risky

Couldn’t get through the 4th due to his high pitch count. But didn’t look terrible. Would like to see him cut down the walks. That really didn’t help with his pitch count. Left with two on in the second from a walk and a very softly hit single, but luckily was able to get picked up by the bullpen. 

76 pitches this outing, should be GTG next time

easy sit for me tonight and i never sit my sp. (do have that luxury this week)

just getting bad babib early?

12 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

really considering it myself in roto....[...]

32 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

Hmmm... im curious. Why? 

Dodgers are slight faves and o/u is 8.

If you think he can go 5 he's a start.

• Like 1

He's in there for me! I have a feeling he's going to put together about 5 innings, 2 ER, 8K, 1-2 walks. He's looked good so far just not quite putting it all together. The upside is worth it, imo.

• Like 1

One nice thing about the Dodgers is I don't see them leaving these guys in to get shelled; if he's struggling, he's probably out early and any damage to ratios is limited.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hanghow said:

One nice thing about the Dodgers is I don't see them leaving these guys in to get shelled; if he's struggling, he's probably out early and any damage to ratios is limited.

Unless you’re in one of the few leagues that count wins and quality starts which require more than 3.1 ip...

1 hour ago, cyberer said:

Unless you’re in one of the few leagues that count wins and quality starts which require more than 3.1 ip...

Right but he's saying damage control mode at that point. If he's having a bad outing it doesn't matter if he gets to 5 innings because he will probably give up more than 3 runs and/or the Dodgers won't be winning.

38 minutes ago, David Aames said:

is he locked in the rotation?

Wood injured/sucks as the 5th starter, so I’d say yes for this year (never made sense to have him blocking stripling and May anyway). Next year with price back all bets are off unfortunately.

but he’s on the front page of mlb.com today with “the pitch that broke the internet” so if his star burns bright this long will be tough for the dodgers to look back.