rhg1084

Dustin May 2020 Outlook

83 pitches / 51 strikes over 6 innings. 

When a guy puts up a quality start and you're still just a bit disappointed that's always a good sign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ultraa said:

83 pitches / 51 strikes over 6 innings. 

When a guy puts up a quality start and you're still just a bit disappointed that's always a good sign.

Agreed!

As soon as he learns how to put people away with 2 strikes and pitch a little less to contact, he's going to be amazing. Was frustrating to see him throw 2 perfect cutters to Hosmer for swing-and-misses and then lay one out over the outside corner to be put into left field.

• Like 1

shoulda been 52 strikes.  he threw a pitch right down the pipe that was called a ball for some weird reason

• Like 1

Gingergaard (nickname not mine) is here to stay. Alex Wood was signed as a stopgap For him and clearly that gap has stopped. 

• Like 2

Is anyone holding in redraft points league? 

overall stat line looks good, but not really offering much in the way of points.  Now, with his injury, does he even get any more starts the rest of the fantasy season?

6 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

overall stat line looks good, but not really offering much in the way of points.  Now, with his injury, does he even get any more starts the rest of the fantasy season?

I dropped him and Walker Buehler last night. We are a keeper league but we did this year as a re-draft.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

I don’t expect him to miss more than one start. Worst case it’s bad enough that the swelling doesn’t go down by next week or he misses his main bullpen and has to get pushed back. It’s just a bruise. That said, he’s not really a point guys. Low innings, low Ks, good chance at wins but that’s less important. I’m holding in Roto but would be willing to drop in points. But he should still make a couple starts IMO. 

52 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

wow, just saw he was scratched today

Not scratched...  Just not starting, will be in relief...

I watch most of this guys starts and I was really happy with today. His slider looked solid and he got 1 or 2 Ks with it if I remember correctly, and his fastball was electric as usual. He was aggressive and guys out early. The home runs happened, but that's the price you pay of being aggressive with a lead. Both of them should have been solos.

5.1 IP, 6Ks, 1.69 ERA, .75 WHIP and 6 K/BB is awesome though, especially against a powerful lineup. I'd sign up for that all day. Love the 6Ks in 5.1 innings!

• Like 1