Sign in to follow this  
DodgerDan824

Noah for Goldy?

Yes, I would absolutely do this trade. Goldy should perform closer to his old self in his second season in STL. he could be a one of the top offensive players in MLB with good power and rbi numbers combined with good avg and obp/ops. Rare combination these days. 

Edited by thebestpr21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DodgerDan824 said:

Is it because Goldy is getting Oldy?

Pretty much

• Like 1

What's your 1B situation like? If it's weak, Goldy. Top end 1B is a little thin.

Edited by mrbaseball96
  • Like 1

I just fell like Noah is gonna put it all together with his new work out regime and be the Ace he was meant to be. 1B I can always plug Bellinger in and pick up another OF or vice-versa. 

Edited by DodgerDan824

18 hours ago, thebestpr21 said:

Yes, I would absolutely do this trade. Goldy should perform closer to his old self in his second season in STL. he could be a one of the top offensive players in MLB with good power and rbi numbers combined with good avg and obp/ops. Rare combination these days. 

He might rebound some. But hes not the old Paul.

10 years in, last year was his worst.

He still is a 90 30 90 guy.

But the last 2 years were his highest k years, and his walk rate is dropping.

Hit .260 last year.

Add in he no longer runs.

And BA was a huge part of his game.

He went from a 5 category guy, to 3.

Hes still good. Just dont expect the old days.

I do say him and thor probably a toss up.

• Thanks 1

Need more information.  I cant stand it when people post questions like this and dont give league specifics and current team makeup.  Hard to make an honest comment without all the pertinent information

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

Need more information.  I cant stand it when people post questions like this and dont give league specifics and current team makeup.  Hard to make an honest comment without all the pertinent information

All i am asking is do you do the trade? short. simple. Who do you value more in a dynasty league.

15 hours ago, mrbaseball96 said:

What's your 1B situation like? If it's weak, Goldy. Top end 1B is a little thin.

I can put Belli at 1st or OF

On 2/17/2020 at 9:14 PM, thebestpr21 said:

AVG is dipping and league doesn't count OBP/OPS

5 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

25 minutes ago, DodgerDan824 said:

All i am asking is do you do the trade? short. simple. Who do you value more in a dynasty league.

That is silly.  Without knowing who is on your team at the very least how can anyone say.  People told you in a simple one on one "value more" that Goldy was best and then you suddenly pipe up and argue with them and say but my pitching is thin and I can move Bellinger to 1B.  Well why didn't you say your pitching sucks and you owned Bellinger to start with?  Context is everything.

And no Noah was never Thor and never will be Thor.  New workout or whatever?  We here that crap every year about players as they meander into spring training.  When does it actually work?  The time has passed and Noah is who he is.  And injury prone but good pitcher when healthy.  But hardly an ace.

I lack context on other pitchers you may be shopping Goldy around for so don't know if I would trade him.  I certainly wouldn't for Noah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

That is silly.  Without knowing who is on your team at the very least how can anyone say.  People told you in a simple one on one "value more" that Goldy was best and then you suddenly pipe up and argue with them and say but my pitching is thin and I can move Bellinger to 1B.  Well why didn't you say your pitching sucks and you owned Bellinger to start with?  Context is everything.

And no Noah was never Thor and never will be Thor.  New workout or whatever?  We here that crap every year about players as they meander into spring training.  When does it actually work?  The time has passed and Noah is who he is.  And injury prone but good pitcher when healthy.  But hardly an ace.

I lack context on other pitchers you may be shopping Goldy around for so don't know if I would trade him.  I certainly wouldn't for Noah.

What's silly? Was not "arguing" just giving my opinion.  I had just said well I can just put bellinger there and maybe keep Thor. if you ask you get an answer. no need to come off the way you are being. When someone says they can't stand it when people post questions like this it comes off as rude. Noah was great and can still be great only 27.