jmcampbe11

Tiered SP Rankings

I like your list.  Outside Tier 1, I think the best value is probably the guys in Tier 4.  There's a lot of young-ish pitchers there who could easily jump up one or even two tiers for the long haul - Gallen, Lamet, Luzardo, and Fried in particular.  Even Price, who I think will enjoy the dual benefits of pitching in the NL and in a lower-pressure environment than Boston, could jump back up a tier despite being past his prime at this point. 

29 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

...because he's coming off seasons with with eras of 1.97 (2018) and 2.32 (2018 with a 1.01 WHIP both years. Even if you discount him for the change in home ball parks I still think Ryu's floor is Hendrick's ceiling. 

Dodger Magic. Look at Wood last year...

6 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

How about Urquidy?  Looks like he has a sure thing place in the starting rotation going into this season.

Good call and probably worth adding. Tier 6? 

John Means, while low in K's, should have a place in Tier 6. Also, how long do we expect Kopech to be in Triple A since he's fully healthy?

I think I'd separate Tier 2 into two distinct tiers. 

6 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Buehler, Bieber, Strasburg, Sale, Snell,

Flaherty, Corbin, Morton, Castillo, Giolito, Kershaw, Greinke, Nola, Clevinger

I'd be comfortable with any of the first 5 guys as my staff ace, but would definitely not be thrilled if one of the guys from the second grouping was my team's best projected SP.

2 hours ago, Corey In Da House said:

John Means, while low in K's, should have a place in Tier 6. Also, how long do we expect Kopech to be in Triple A since he's fully healthy?

Agreed. And it's even more egregious that I didn't list him because I'm an Orioles fan! I left Kopech off because I'm assuming (either way) that he won't throw enough innings to be relevant. 

Also just read that Josh James might lock down the final spot for the Astros. Probably need to add him to the last tier as well. 

Thanks for the work you put in. I'd probably bump Nola down a tier and montas up one. 

I'd also put Buehler in tier 1.5 haha. Too good for some of the others in 2, but not quite 1.

My list:

Tier 1:

Zac Gallen

Tier 2:

Everyone else

In all seriousness, great list and thanks for sharing. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Love him. I have him him Tier 4 and he might be my favorite of that group. EIther him or Montas I think. 

As I look at this list, it feels like Lamet might be a Tier too high. Thoughts? 

Sorry i missed zac in there.  He's prob end of tier 3 for me. Agree on Lamet