Sign in to follow this  
SpartyinFoCo

Keep 4...WHIR!

ESPN Roto, 5x5, 12 Team, Keep 4 league. 

I can keep the following players and draft them in the rounds mentioned next to their names (or below). I am thinking of keeping Walker Buehler and Shane Bieber for sure. Probably also take a chance on Luis Robert. Which 4 do you guys think I should keep? Except Bieber, I can everyone else between Rds 11-14.

1. Walker Buehler - Round 12

2. Shane Bieber - Round 8

3. Bo Bichette - Round 14

4. Luis Robert - Round 14

5. Jonathan Villar - Round 12

6. Keston Hiura - Round 14

Thank you for your help!

Buehler

Bichette

Robert

Hiura

Bieber at 8th round has worst value by far

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HOOTIE said:

Buehler

Bichette

Robert

Hiura

Bieber at 8th round has worst value by far

Agree with this.  Nice value and some good power and speed.

Help?

• Like 1

Buehler, Bo and Robert are absolute MUST KEEP for you. I personally would go with Bieber as the last keeper. While I agree that in Rd 8 is not a great no brainer, I like having solid SPs and my leagues value SPs very high. Cant go wrong with Hiura over Bieber though, it all depends on your strategy.

Help?

• Like 1

Buehler, Robert and Bichette are locks. I would keep Hiura as your fourth. Keeping just four, and with Buehler being your ace, there are arms to draft to fill out your rotation.

• Like 1

In a limited Keeper league, you need to keep the guys who will help the most in the current year.  I easily keep Buehler and Bieber, two top 10 SP who will help in all pitching categories.  Then I keep Hiura for sure.  Already had his rookie season and got some valuable experience.  The last one I am between the two young bucks, Bo and Robert.  Peronally I would keep Robert and gamble on the 30/30 upside and sacrifice some Avg. rather than the 20/20 upside with a little higher average.  So IMO, I keep Buehler, Bieber, Hiura, and Robert

• Thanks 1

Buehler, Bieber, Hiura, and Robert

Great SP is a premium

• Like 1

Bichette, Robert, Villar, Hiura are you're locks: Solid core of fantasy stats you'll get for years. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

In a limited Keeper league, you need to keep the guys who will help the most in the current year.  I easily keep Buehler and Bieber, two top 10 SP who will help in all pitching categories.  Then I keep Hiura for sure.  Already had his rookie season and got some valuable experience.  The last one I am between the two young bucks, Bo and Robert.  Peronally I would keep Robert and gamble on the 30/30 upside and sacrifice some Avg. rather than the 20/20 upside with a little higher average.  So IMO, I keep Buehler, Bieber, Hiura, and Robert

I like your logic here! Hiura did get more experience than Bichette. But the upside for Robert is huge and you're right, those 2 SP are top 10. It just sucks that I'd have to throw Bo in the mix which I can still probably draft at this ADP but who knows. Someone might snag him a round or two sooner. 

11 hours ago, jeterhasdowns said:

Buehler Bieber Bichette Huira

Looks like you got plenty of responses. Nothing more I could add, honestly. Thank you for help with mine.

• Thanks 1

I am just glad is that Villar is not on anyone's list. I keep looking at his ADP go up but he's so inconsistent. His year end number don't look bad, especially for a roto league.

20 hours ago, DodgerDan824 said:

Bo Bichette 

Luis Robert 

Walker Buehler 

Shane Bieber

Keston Hiura

So the top 4 and no Hiura?

Buehler, Hiura, Robert aaaaand Bieber. Bieber may not be betting you too much value with an 8th round tag, but if the baseball is going to be flying like it did last year then proven SP is a must.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

So the top 4 and no Hiura?

Sorry read it wrong. Thought you meant 5 keepers. In that case Keep Hiura over Bieber.

• Like 1