jmcampbe11

Tiered 3B Rankings

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

If their price is the same, who do you rank higher (Bryant/Suarez)?

Just now, jmcampbe11 said:

It sounds like it definitely be Suarez for him. For me, it would be Bryant, but it's very close. Suarez's injury was the tie breaker for me. 

When I wrote this earlier I completely forgot about the surgery Suarez just had. Even though I don't expect it to have an impact on his season output I could be wrong. That being said, with only about 13 picks separating them on FantasyPros composite ADP I think I would go with Bryant at this point with his dual eligibility but it's close for me. I definitely think Suarez belongs in the same tier as Bryant though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

When I wrote this earlier I completely forgot about the surgery Suarez just had. Even though I don't expect it to have an impact on his season output I could be wrong. That being said, with only about 13 picks separating them on FantasyPros composite ADP I think I would go with Bryant at this point with his dual eligibility but it's close for me. I definitely think Suarez belongs in the same tier as Bryant though. 

Good point on the dual eligibility, also might get a few bags out of Bryant. 

edit, just read in the KB thread he might be leading off. hmmm

Edited by Members_Only_76

6 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Good point on the dual eligibility, also might get a few bags out of Bryant. 

edit, just read in the KB thread he might be leading off. hmmm

I just saw that too. I think 100 runs is now close to being a lock, health permitting. 30 HR should be attainable but as stated in his thread it could really crush his already low RBI totals. I'm not going to expect more than 75 when projecting him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I slept on it and I'm seriously thinking about swapping Moncada and Suarez. Thoughts? I think the injury initially worried me, but maybe I overreacted a bit. I'm also not as bullish on Moncada. 

Definitely Suarez.  One of the most underrated players in baseball right now.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I have a very hard time distinguishing between him, Turner, and McNeil. They all seem like the same player to me with the same amount of upside. 

I get that Vlad needs to make adjustments to reach his upside and I realize why people might avoid him because they don't believe he can. Saying that McNeil and Turner have the same amount of upside as Vlad is wild, though. Turner is 35 years old and has never hit over 27 home runs in a season. If that's really what you feel Vlad's upside is then let me know so I can keep that in mind when I read your tiers threads. 

On 2/19/2020 at 10:44 PM, hailtoyourvictor said:

I get that Vlad needs to make adjustments to reach his upside and I realize why people might avoid him because they don't believe he can. Saying that McNeil and Turner have the same amount of upside as Vlad is wild, though. Turner is 35 years old and has never hit over 27 home runs in a season. If that's really what you feel Vlad's upside is then let me know so I can keep that in mind when I read your tiers threads. 

27 HR is nearly double the 15 Vlad hit, and Turner just did it in his age 34 season last year with a near .900 OPS. Turner may be getting older, but he has been a reverse pumpkin, thus far, and he's going to be hitting in the middle of a Betts, Muncy, Bellinger, Pederson sandwich. 

8 minutes ago, Halo Fan said:

27 HR is nearly double the 15 Vlad hit, and Turner just did it in his age 34 season last year with a near .900 OPS. Turner may be getting older, but he has been a reverse pumpkin, thus far, and he's going to be hitting in the middle of a Betts, Muncy, Bellinger, Pederson sandwich. 

Vlad missed a month a season and was seeing major league pitching for the first time. I’m sorry but his upside is well over 27 HRs. He may not reach his upside but that’s a different discussion that what I’m taking issue with. 

Edited by hailtoyourvictor

On 2/20/2020 at 1:44 AM, hailtoyourvictor said:

I'm not sure why you're speaking disparagingly of McNeil. He's just as likely to win the NL batting title as Vlad is to hit 30+ Hrs. And I don't dislike Vlad, I just think a 25 Hr season is probably a bit more realistic (this season). And I think Turner can easily hit the same number of Hrs if he stays healthy. Does he have the same upside as Vlad? Of course not, but we're just talking about the 2020 season, not the rest of their careers. For 2020 they profile as very similar offensive players to me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Vlad missed a month a season and was seeing major league pitching for the first time. I’m sorry but his upside is well over 27 HRs. He may not reach his upside but that’s a different discussion that what I’m taking issue with. 

Turner played in only 12 more games and had only 15 more ABs, yet 12 more HR. I agree that Vlad has great upside, but Turner has been a beast since joining the Dodgers.

2 minutes ago, Halo Fan said:

Turner played in only 12 more games and had only 15 more ABs, yet 12 more HR. I agree that Vlad has great upside, but Turner has been a beast since joining the Dodgers.

Agreed! He's criminally underrated and being drafted way too low this year. I've been ending up with him as my corner infield or late round 3B in MANY drafts. 

8 minutes ago, Halo Fan said:

He played 135 games. In 9 seasons, he’s only played over 135 games once.

He hit 27 home runs. In 9 seasons, he’s never hit over 27 home runs. 

Saying that Vlad and Turner have equal upsides is a big stretch in my opinion. That’s not a knock on Turner, it’s just acknowledging Vlad’s talent if things click for him. 

20 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm not sure why you're speaking disparagingly of McNeil. He's just as likely to win the NL batting title as Vlad is to hit 30+ Hrs. And I don't dislike Vlad, I just think a 25 Hr season is probably a bit more realistic (this season). And I think Turner can easily hit the same number of Hrs if he stays healthy. Does he have the same upside as Vlad? Of course not, but we're just talking about the 2020 season, not the rest of their careers. For 2020 they profile as very similar offensive players to me. 

My entire response to you was in reference to your statement that “they all seem like the same player to me with the same amount of upside”.

And now you’re saying “does Turner have the same upside as Vlad? Of course not”.

Their 2020 projections might be similar and if that’s all you said I probably wouldn’t have responded. Like I said, my entire response was you’d saying those two had Vlad’s upside. 

2 hours ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

My entire response to you was in reference to your statement that “they all seem like the same player to me with the same amount of upside”.

And now you’re saying “does Turner have the same upside as Vlad? Of course not”.

Their 2020 projections might be similar and if that’s all you said I probably wouldn’t have responded. Like I said, my entire response was you’d saying those two had Vlad’s upside. 

I thought it was clear that initial tiers were for 2020 standard roto leagues. I didn't mention keepers or dynasty in my post at all. It was all about how I expect those players to person this year and this year alone. 

33 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I thought it was clear that initial tiers were for 2020 standard roto leagues. I didn't mention keepers or dynasty in my post at all. It was all about how I expect those players to person this year and this year alone. 

And I disagree that in 2020 Turner and Vlad have the same upside. Turner has never hit over 27 HRs in his career. 

Their projections are similar which is fine if that’s what you wanna roll with but Vlad clearly (to me) has a higher ceiling. 

On 2/18/2020 at 4:37 PM, jmcampbe11 said:

Tiered Ranking for 3B for 10 team standard roto leagues with 3B, Corner Infield, and Utility slots. I really wrested with Tiers 3 and 4. It came down to the limited power upside for some of the Tier 4 players without the added benefit of SBs to balance it out. I fully expect regression for guys like Gurriel and LeMahieu and I'm not sure Guerrero, McNeil, and Turner have more than 20 HR upside. Maybe I'm wrong...

Tier 1 

Arenado, Bregman, Devers, Ramirez, Rendon

Tier 2

Bryant, Machado, Moncada

Tier 3

Donaldson, Chapman, Suarez, Moustakas, Muncy, Escobar

Tier 4

Y. Gurriel, Guerrero, LeMahieu, McNeil, Turner, Sano

Tier 5

JD. Davis, D. Santana, Andujar, Dozier, Kingery, McMahon

Updated these too...

TIER 1 - Arenado, Bregman, Ramirez

TIER 2 - Devers, Rendon, Suarez, Bryant

TIER 3 - Machado, Donaldson, Moncada, Chapman, Moustakas, Muncy

TIER 4 - Guerrero, Escobar, Turner

TIER 5 - LeMahiueu, McNeil, Sano, Gurriel

TIER 6 - Davis, Santana, Andjuar, Dozier, KIngery, McMahon

1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Updated these too...

Give me Sano over Justin Turner every day of the week

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Big League Choo said:

I get that. I ranked Turner a bit higher because if things don't break well Sano will kill your batting average. You could certainly make an argument for him in Tier 4 though. 

1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Updated these too...

My take, something like this:

TIER 2 - Devers, Rendon, Bryant, Suarez

TIER 3 - LeMahiueu, Machado, Muncy, Guerrero, Sano

TIER 4 - Donaldson, McNeil, Moncada, Chapman, Moustakas

TIER 5 - Escobar, Turner, Edman, Davis, Santana, Gurriel

TIER 6 - Kingery, Urshela, Dozier, McMahon, Diaz, Andjuar

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

My take, something like this:

TIER 2 - Devers, Rendon, Bryant, Suarez

TIER 3 - LeMahiueu, Machado, Muncy, Guerrero, Sano

TIER 4 - Donaldson, McNeil, Moncada, Chapman, Moustakas

TIER 5 - Escobar, Turner, Edman, Davis, Santana, Gurriel

TIER 6 - Kingery, Urshela, Dozier, McMahon, Diaz, Andjuar

What's the difference between Machado, Muncy, Donaldson, Moustaksas? I couldn't convince myself that there was one. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

What's the difference between Machado, Muncy, Donaldson, Moustaksas? I couldn't convince myself that there was one. 

Machado could/should have a higher BA and SBs

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jb_power said:

Machado could/should have a higher BA and SBs

Machado has hit in the .250s two of the last three years so I'm not so sure about his batting average being any better. He was also three for eight in stealing bases last season so that part of his game is virtually gone. It's also not going to get better with age. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 7:18 PM, Big League Choo said:

They're two completely different players though. Sano can lead the league in HR but the AVG won't be great. Turner won't give you 30 HR but .280/20+ HR is stll valuable with so many players not hitting for AVG anymore.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 10:53 AM, jmcampbe11 said:

Updated these too...

I'd bet money on Vlad being higher than 14th out of this list.