bluefrogguy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Because they’re not being followed. Detroit is by far the worst area. Tons of videos of people at parks, playing basketball. And last week when it was 70 degrees out I saw a block party...at least 50 people out grilling, etc. 

Social distancing works if people social distancing. 

Do you have pictures? I would like to use them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TrueToTheBlue said:


This is good news, has the potential to be a game changer - especially for getting sports back sooner. 

Depends on the false negative rate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Do you have pictures? I would like to use them 

Nah I wish I would’ve. Legit almost called the police. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Do you think they are doing it for money reasons as covid19 is covered by the federal government right now? 

 

The GIF was a joke... I don't see how adding a bunch of dead people to a different category helps the state given that they don't need ventilators or a hospital bed when they're dead, but maybe I'm missing something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Nah I wish I would’ve. Legit almost called the police. 

I would not have called the police...just posted on social media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

 

The GIF was a joke... I don't see how adding a bunch of dead people to a different category helps the state given that they don't need ventilators or a hospital bed when they're dead, but maybe I'm missing something.

I was thinking of insurance reasons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Interesting that the top two countries with the highest percentage of population over 65 years old ( Japan and Italy ) are at almost opposite ends of the COVID19 spectrum.

Am I to assume that Japan has better healthcare and less Chinese visitors ( i.e. less COVID19 exposure ) than Italy? Your thoughts?

Japan is the new hot spot this past week.  Fears Tokyo will hit NYC levels soon in this second wave brought on by too much confidence of surviving the first wave well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In a new way for our states to be inept I am having to appeal unemployment because I wasn’t looking for work. I have a job waiting for symptoms to subside. I now owe them money BACK and won’t see any money until after my appeal is heard. Currently looking like end of August for that. Now I don’t have a way to buy food for a family of three. 
And our brand new hot water heater just went out as well. Can’t pay to replace and the company went out of business so our manufactures warranty is just a piece of paper. 

Edited by daynlokki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Japan is the new hot spot this past week.  Fears Tokyo will hit NYC levels soon in this second wave brought on by too much confidence of surviving the first wave well.

Japan had 248 new cases yesterday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Nah I wish I would’ve. Legit almost called the police. 

They won’t do anything. Someone here called for that reason the dispatcher said no units would be sent because the police are also practicing social distancing. Only calls they are currently going to have a potential loss of life or major injuries. Someone could break into a house in my community and the cops won’t come right now unless they had a weapon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump has halted funding into the World Health Organization ( WHO ) pending an investigation. I think this is a good move as they did not declare COVID19 as a worldwide pandemic until March 11.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Trump has halted funding into the World Health Organization ( WHO ) pending an investigation. I think this is a good move as they did not declare COVID19 as a worldwide pandemic until March 11.

That was because they did NOT receive eh data from China soon enough.  Whatever their faults -- and we are all human at last report and not perfect -- they are essential now especially for developing countries so halting the payments is THE worst thing possible.  This could lead to countless deaths around the globe.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

That was because they did NOT receive eh data from China soon enough.  Whatever their faults -- and we are all human at last report and not perfect -- they are essential now especially for developing countries so halting the payments is THE worst thing possible.  This could lead to countless deaths around the globe.

How? They (China and WHO) are not sharing info and we can help other countries on our own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

That was because they did NOT receive eh data from China soon enough.  Whatever their faults -- and we are all human at last report and not perfect -- they are essential now especially for developing countries so halting the payments is THE worst thing possible.  This could lead to countless deaths around the globe.

Now “we’re all human and not perfect”? When did you start that? Lol. Have some consistency man. 

This is a great article that lays it out. Stopping payment for 60-90 days. There are questions that need to be answered. “Woopsie! We’re all humans and make mistakes! 🤷🏽‍♂️“ doesn’t really work here.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-bush-obama-ceded-world-health-organization-china-increasing-risk-pandemics-like-coronavirus-1497667

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So guess the same can hold true for how our country has handled the epidemic. Considering we now have almost 2x more critical cases than any other country and keep breaking our own death record for single days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/mlb-cuts-senior-staff-pay-35-pays-staff-212136303--mlb.html

Not much new in the article, but, atleast the state of Arizona has confirmed their willingness to host all 30 MLB teams if given approval.

On a side note, i do think that MLB only beginning the season for first 2-3 months is a big plus and something the players would consider a lot more than being stranded in AZ for 5-6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, daynlokki said:

So guess the same can hold true for how our country has handled the epidemic. Considering we now have almost 2x more critical cases than any other country and keep breaking our own death record for single days. 

Or take a geography class and realize the U.S. is essentially the size of all of Europe, and you can’t compare raw numbers to countries that are smaller than one state lol. Now, they have about twice as many people, but Italy, Spain, and France alone have doubled the US in death rate. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29038491/dr-anthony-fauci-promotes-single-site-fan-free-return-sports

Another interview that i found interesting ,but yet, more of the same kinda talk..

This isnt really new.. Fauci has expressed this sort of rationale in the past and has done so again..

Truthfully, i dont know what to believe anymore.. Fauci has discussed the realism behind playing sports this season... its kinda what we have been told already though.. i think its certainly possible if its the only way.. 

Some players have discussed the lack of appeal behind leaving their families behind for months at a time. Understandable. However, i think if that time is shortened significantly and the possibility of leaving millions of dollars on the table by NOT playing becomes a reality.. those in the minority will become part of the majority who will play in an isolated area.

According to studies in Australia, soccer players are seeing a spike in anxiety and depression since the stoppage in play. If this becomes a trend, and it most certainly will (Australians are human too) we can see a push for sports even further.. another example of the cure being worse than the disease.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the butting of heads between Fauci and Trump, i am curious who ultimately wins this 'battle' . I would certainly put my money on Trump and that Fauci while remaining cautious will eventually lead the U.S back to what Trump wants; the opening of the country again. Fauci stating at the end of the article 'i want to see the Nationals play again' is interesting as well.. the fan boy in him comes out.. and it sounds almost Trump like TBH.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jonninho said:

Given the butting of heads between Fauci and Trump, i am curious who ultimately wins this 'battle' . I would certainly put my money on Trump and that Fauci while remaining cautious will eventually lead the U.S back to what Trump wants; the opening of the country again. Fauci stating at the end of the article 'i want to see the Nationals play again' is interesting as well.. the fan boy in him comes out.. and it sounds almost Trump like TBH.

Trump has already backed off his absolute authority remarks. Governors will be determining when their states open. Trump will just huff and puff but continue to defer everything while the adults figure this out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jonninho said:

Given the butting of heads between Fauci and Trump, i am curious who ultimately wins this 'battle' . 

This is because Fauci took Soto #1 overall and Trump feels you should go with the best player regardless of team

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

 

 

This is good news.  Makes sense golf would be the first sport to return.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 89Topps said:

 

This is good news.  Makes sense golf would be the first sport to return.

Yeah, it actually makes sense when you think of it.

I think Tennis is not that far off either, in terms of distancing, few people needed to run a match (2 players , 1-2 ball boys/girls, 7 judges who are naturally spaced far apart to begin with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, daynlokki said:

They won’t do anything. Someone here called for that reason the dispatcher said no units would be sent because the police are also practicing social distancing. Only calls they are currently going to have a potential loss of life or major injuries. Someone could break into a house in my community and the cops won’t come right now unless they had a weapon. 

 

The next of the Purge movie series...

 

The Purge: Outbreak

 

"This is a stick up! Give me all your toilet paper!"

 

- "oh no, please don't shoot!! I have kids!!"

 

"it's not a gun, just need to get your temp reading"

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt04kSTsaF1TI4C7oVlp9

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.