bluefrogguy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Coronavirus updates: N.J. cases near 69K; Lockdown could last into summer

“I personally think in the warmer weather, we could begin to find our footing, assuming again that we’ve got the health care infrastructure, especially broad-scale testing, that we’re going to need to give us that confidence,” Murphy said. “I think this is a June or July much better reality if we keep doing our part, especially stay at home right now."
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/04/coronavirus-updates-nj-cases-near-69k-lockdown-could-last-into-summer-more-knucklehead-charges-what-you-need-to-know-april-15-2020.html

8 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

That is so embarrassing. As if America needs another reason to be looked at funny by their peers.. thankfully, there are plenty of exceptions like yourself.. stay safe man.

I dont get it though, is there not legal restrictions on gatherings? Can the police not arrest these people?

3rd most cases in the country.. and you have people doing that... man..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonninho said:

That is so embarrassing. As if America needs another reason to be looked at funny by their peers.. thankfully, there are plenty of exceptions like yourself.. stay safe man.

I dont get it though, is there not legal restrictions on gatherings? Can the police not arrest these people?

3rd most cases in the country.. and you have people doing that... man..

Peaceful protest while practicing social distancing ( staying in their cars for the most part ). That's America

[ Posts removed.  Reel in the political stuff or you'll be taking some time off from the site. ]

4 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Peaceful protest while practicing social distancing ( staying in their cars for the most part ). That's America

While blocking running ambulances from getting to the biggest hospital in the state.  And generally blocking said hospital from everyone for hours. During a pandemic.   I don't care what political hat you wear,  this gets no one anywhere.  

Having the right to do something and it being the right thing to do are different things.  There's something to be said about picking one's battles.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

Your Governor is out of her mind. I seen this tweet about her not allowing people to buy vegetable seeds. They are classified as non essential item. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Or take a geography class and realize the U.S. is essentially the size of all of Europe, and you can’t compare raw numbers to countries that are smaller than one state lol. Now, they have about twice as many people, but Italy, Spain, and France alone have doubled the US in death rate. 

Oh when you realize the US is still a month behind those countries. And has about 1/3 of every documented covid case now. US 1/3 of the entire worlds population too? Everyone here knows those countries have a lower population. I’ve actually already posted their populations in comparison to death rate in this very forum. A week ago the US had 7k critical cases. Now we have 13k despite averaging almost 2K deaths a day during that time frame. If you think where we are now compares to where they are you may need to read a bit about how time works. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Your Governor is out of her mind. I seen this tweet about her not allowing people to buy vegetable seeds. They are classified as non essential item. 

There’s a massive shortage. They are designated as non essential to anyone but farmers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Agreed...WHO declared COVID19 as a world pandemic on March 11, Trump/USA declared National Emergency March 13, and NY gov issued stay at home on March 19th. This thing just moved so fast that countries needed to research/declare/shutdown way before WHO declaring it as a world pandemic.

3 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Coronavirus updates: N.J. cases near 69K; Lockdown could last into summer

“I personally think in the warmer weather, we could begin to find our footing, assuming again that we’ve got the health care infrastructure, especially broad-scale testing, that we’re going to need to give us that confidence,” Murphy said. “I think this is a June or July much better reality if we keep doing our part, especially stay at home right now."
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/04/coronavirus-updates-nj-cases-near-69k-lockdown-could-last-into-summer-more-knucklehead-charges-what-you-need-to-know-april-15-2020.html

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2020/04/covid-19-may-not-go-away-in-warmer-weather-as-do-colds/

Research is currently skewing towards warmer weather doing nothing to combat this. 

2 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

There’s a massive shortage. They are designated as non essential to anyone but farmers. 

Proof? Sales increased because people want to grow their own food in times of crisis and not have to stand in line at the grocery

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

While blocking running ambulances from getting to the biggest hospital in the state.  And generally blocking said hospital from everyone for hours. During a pandemic.   I don't care what political hat you wear,  this gets no one anywhere.  

Having the right to do something and it being the right thing to do are different things.  There's something to be said about picking one's battles.  

Proof they did not allow the ambulance to pass? 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Proof they did not allow the ambulance to pass? 

Not sure this video will work from Facebook, but this is nurses and doctors inside a hospital video taping outside and saying exactly that. It’s gross. 
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1597938220372709&id=100004696384825

10 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

7 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Proof? Sales increased because people want to grow their own food in times of crisis and not have to stand in line at the grocery

While many Americans are buying seeds, Ball noted that there's no shortage. "Nobody hoards seeds," Ball said

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-seeds-americans-grow-food/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Not sure this video will work from Facebook, but this is nurses and doctors inside a hospital video taping outside and saying exactly that. It’s gross. 
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1597938220372709&id=100004696384825

Agreed...Nobody should be blocking an ambulance entrance. Police should have been involved near the hospital only

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2020/04/covid-19-may-not-go-away-in-warmer-weather-as-do-colds/

Research is currently skewing towards warmer weather doing nothing to combat this. 

It doesn't seem you understand the phrase "to find your footing"  He's not saying the warm weather is going to do anything against the virus.

21 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

While many Americans are buying seeds, Ball noted that there's no shortage. "Nobody hoards seeds," Ball said

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-seeds-americans-grow-food/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/home/an-onslaught-of-orders-engulfs-seed-companies-amid-coronavirus-fears/2020/03/27/5a19ccca-6ec7-11ea-aa80-c2470c6b2034_story.html

Weird there are no shortages when here, every single place that sells seeds is completely sold out.  That would mean a shortage, correct?

Mike Trout said Wednesday on NBC Sports Network's "Lunch Talk Live" that he has reservations about MLB's reported plan to attempt to play the 2020 season entirely in Arizona.

The plan was recently endorsed by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, who has been at the forefront of media relations and decision-making when it comes to the coronavirus outbreak in the United States. But there are many layers to this thing, and it get less and less feasible the more you peel those layers back. Players and coaching staffs could maybe live inside a quarantine bubble for a stretch, but what about their families? And what about the hotel staff and food service workers and bus drivers and grounds crew and broadcast production teams that would be necessary to keep it all running? "There's a lot of red flags," Trout said on NBC Sports Network on Wednesday. "We want to get back as soon as we can, but obviously it's got to be realistic. It can't be sitting in our hotel rooms, just going from the field to the hotel room and not being able to do anything. I think that's pretty crazy."

4 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

It doesn't seem you understand the phrase "to find your footing"  He's not saying the warm weather is going to do anything against the virus.

In order for us to 'find out footing', we would need about 10x more tests, a vaccine, and a slow increase in deeming businesses essential at this time.  The fact Florida deemed the WWE essential is ******** asinine.  US is testing about 200k people a day right now.  Nowhere NEAR where we would need to be in order to open things up.  Add in that they believe the virus shedding of this will take about a year, so more like the common cold, and we may be ****** as a society.  Won't be going away soon and will most likely be a yearly vaccine you need.

Side note, US today has about as many deaths as Italy, Spain and France combined.  People still refusing to follow social distancing orders.  Militia in Idaho are threatening use of force over it.

I hate to sound like a pessimist but these ideas about a season seem like wishful thinking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

"There's a lot of red flags," Trout said on NBC Sports Network on Wednesday. "We want to get back as soon as we can, but obviously it's got to be realistic. It can't be sitting in our hotel rooms, just going from the field to the hotel room and not being able to do anything. I think that's pretty crazy."

Strange.  Trout seems like the exact guy who would be happy sitting in his hotel room, going from the field to the hotel room, and not being able to do anything other than baseball.

37 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

4 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/home/an-onslaught-of-orders-engulfs-seed-companies-amid-coronavirus-fears/2020/03/27/5a19ccca-6ec7-11ea-aa80-c2470c6b2034_story.html

Weird there are no shortages when here, every single place that sells seeds is completely sold out.  That would mean a shortage, correct?

Did you read your link? They’re swamped, taking more days to fill orders, filling most online...

Can you show me where it says “they are designated non-essential to anyone but farmers”? Because that’s what you said. 

• Like 2

Just now, tonycpsu said:

Strange.  Trout seems like the exact guy who would be happy sitting in his hotel room, going from the field to the hotel room, and not being able to do anything other than baseball.

As I said before, wife is due August with his first child.  If you have watched him at home during this, he's driving her crazy already.