bluefrogguy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

 

Did you read your link? They’re swamped, taking more days to fill orders, filling most online...


Can you show me where it says “they are designated non-essential to anyone but farmers”? Because that’s what you said. 

That's what my GOVERNOR said when they made it so regular people cannot buy them.  Washington needs the seeds for farmers.  Press conference.

They also said they were nearing a point where they would have to turn off online ordering and just fill what they have... when you cannot order something that is considered a shortage as well.  You don't need a stockpile shortage to still have one if the market cannot fulfill orders.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Proof they did not allow the ambulance to pass? 

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1250489960270045185

 

This is on Pennsylvania ave. Today a few hours ago. Minutes from downtown and a rather busy area.  Govt buildings and major hospital all within blocks.  

 

Hope your kid isn't in the back

Edited by WahooManiac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, daynlokki said:

That's what my GOVERNOR said when they made it so regular people cannot buy them.  Washington needs the seeds for farmers.  Press conference.

They also said they were nearing a point where they would have to turn off online ordering and just fill what they have... when you cannot order something that is considered a shortage as well.  You don't need a stockpile shortage to still have one if the market cannot fulfill orders.  

So to confirm, you have no link anywhere to confirm this idea that seeds are “non-essential to anyone but farmers.” Got it. Thank you. 👍🏼

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys on the seed misinformation in Michigan...

The sale of seeds,  and other items like paint etc, have been banned for sale in buildings over 50k sg ft. An attempt to get people out of big box stores for anything besides essentials.  

 

You can still buy seeds,  just not at the big places.  No home depot garden centers etc. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WahooManiac said:

You guys on the seed misinformation in Michigan...

The sale of seeds,  and other items like paint etc, have been banned for sale in buildings over 50k sg ft. An attempt to get people out of big box stores for anything besides essentials.  

 

You can still buy seeds,  just not at the big places.  No home depot garden centers etc. 

Correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, B&F said:

I hate to sound like a pessimist but these ideas about a season seem like wishful thinking.

Absolutely, they do.

But realistically, everything about our national and various statewide responses to Covid-19 has been a jumbled, chaotic mess.  Which makes sense, I mean six months ago if I told you that a virus is going to catch us so flat footed that we'd all be under orders to be indoors for months and that we'd be at 30% unemployment, I suspect most people would look at me like I had two heads.

It serves to reason that our methodology for how to recover is also going to be unpredictable, and fanciful to some and pessimistic to others.  We're living on untrammeled ground.  We're going to need some unconventional ideas.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

In order for us to 'find out footing', we would need about 10x more tests, a vaccine, and a slow increase in deeming businesses essential at this time.  The fact Florida deemed the WWE essential is ******** asinine.  US is testing about 200k people a day right now.  Nowhere NEAR where we would need to be in order to open things up.  Add in that they believe the virus shedding of this will take about a year, so more like the common cold, and we may be ****** as a society.  Won't be going away soon and will most likely be a yearly vaccine you need.

 

Side note, US today has about as many deaths as Italy, Spain and France combined.  People still refusing to follow social distancing orders.  Militia in Idaho are threatening use of force over it.

Ok thanks Dr. daynlokki.  So our situation won't get any better until 2021 when we have the vaccine, got it.


find your feet
to become familiar with and confident in a new situation:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/find-your-feet

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrBrown said:

Ok thanks Dr. daynlokki.  So our situation won't get any better until 2021 when we have the vaccine, got it.


find your feet
to become familiar with and confident in a new situation:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/find-your-feet

I quote the great 21st century western philosopher DJ Quik:

"Everybody knows that it's bad in the hood, so check what you rappin about if it ain't to the good."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jonninho said:

Yeah, it actually makes sense when you think of it.

I think Tennis is not that far off either, in terms of distancing, few people needed to run a match (2 players , 1-2 ball boys/girls, 7 judges who are naturally spaced far apart to begin with

I don't think Tennis is close. The players and ball people will be touching the balls that the players sweat all over not to mention giving the players towels which they wipe themselves off with and throw it back to the ball person

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daynlokki said:

Mike Trout said Wednesday on NBC Sports Network's "Lunch Talk Live" that he has reservations about MLB's reported plan to attempt to play the 2020 season entirely in Arizona.

The plan was recently endorsed by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, who has been at the forefront of media relations and decision-making when it comes to the coronavirus outbreak in the United States. But there are many layers to this thing, and it get less and less feasible the more you peel those layers back. Players and coaching staffs could maybe live inside a quarantine bubble for a stretch, but what about their families? And what about the hotel staff and food service workers and bus drivers and grounds crew and broadcast production teams that would be necessary to keep it all running? "There's a lot of red flags," Trout said on NBC Sports Network on Wednesday. "We want to get back as soon as we can, but obviously it's got to be realistic. It can't be sitting in our hotel rooms, just going from the field to the hotel room and not being able to do anything. I think that's pretty crazy."

I'm sure he's not the only one who feels this way. If this the plan I can't see them getting enough players to buy in. The could use minor league players I guess.I wouldn't watch but that's just me. I doubt they would play anyway if a lot of players bailed on the idea

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When we re-start the NBA, please make them all wear those funny masks ?

 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by fletch44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonycpsu said:

 

Strange.  Trout seems like the exact guy who would be happy sitting in his hotel room, going from the field to the hotel room, and not being able to do anything other than baseball.

It does. I have met Trout a few times and that is the vibe he presents.. home body.. really chill.. not a party kinda guy.. eats,breaths,talks,lives baseball.. i guess he needs more in life..

5 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

LA mayor says he will ban concerts and sporting events until 2021

https://www.kron4.com/news/california/los-angeles-mayor-says-no-concerts-or-sporting-events-until-2021/

Didnt read the link.. but i am assuming thats a ban on fans being in attendance for sporting events.. i can see concert bans lasting till 2021, but not sporting events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

So to confirm, you have no link anywhere to confirm this idea that seeds are “non-essential to anyone but farmers.” Got it. Thank you. 👍🏼

You realize things are different state to state correct? WWE is considered essential in Florida. Wouldn’t be even touched in Nevada. It’s like Michigan and Washington are different. Might be because one is full of farms. 

 

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

Ok thanks Dr. daynlokki.  So our situation won't get any better until 2021 when we have the vaccine, got it.


find your feet
to become familiar with and confident in a new situation:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/find-your-feet

Yes because we are going to be confident in our coronavirus response when they are saying there were 30% less tests this last week over the week before and we need MORE testing, not less to do so. Makes sense. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/news/commercial-coronavirus-testing-drops-30-percent-in-one-week/amp/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

LA mayor says he will ban concerts and sporting events until 2021

https://www.kron4.com/news/california/los-angeles-mayor-says-no-concerts-or-sporting-events-until-2021/

May end up being a totally rational decision but not sure why you need to announce this in April. A lot of these government and state officials are trying too hard to be heroic for my liking. Just keep an eye on the data and implement policies that apply for the near future. Too much uncertainty with this to do otherwise. No need to make sweeping long-term cancellations for 8 months from now unless you just want to make a headline.

Also, this doesn't necessarily preclude baseball teams playing in an empty Dodger Stadium which seems like the only way any sports are going to be played anyway, if at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

You realize things are different state to state correct? WWE is considered essential in Florida. Wouldn’t be even touched in Nevada. It’s like Michigan and Washington are different. Might be because one is full of farms. 

What does that have to do with you not having a link proving your statement?

I’m not going to keep replying to this nonsense. You made something up, I called you on it, and you keep replying to something no one said. I’m glad everyone sees it. This thread is for facts, and some shared opinions even. Not lies.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TedStriker said:

May end up being a totally rational decision but not sure why you need to announce this in April. A lot of these government and state officials are trying too hard to be heroic for my liking. Just keep an eye on the data and implement policies that apply for the near future. Too much uncertainty with this to do otherwise. No need to make sweeping long-term cancellations for 8 months from now unless you just want to make a headline.

Also, this doesn't necessarily preclude baseball teams playing in an empty Dodger Stadium which seems like the only way any sports are going to be played anyway, if at all.

Can always scale back. Constantly pushing it back more and more is worse for the morale of the city. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

What does that have to do with you not having a link proving your statement?

I’m not going to keep replying to this nonsense. You made something up, I called you on it, and you keep replying to something no one said. I’m glad everyone sees it. This thread is for facts, and some shared opinions even. Not lies.
 

I didn’t make something up. My state governor literally just said it live in air a few days ago. Sorry I can’t find a transcript of one singular press conference out of the hundreds they have done for this. Washington is an agricultural state. Of course what we deem essential is different than what Michigan does. Tryin to call something a lie just because you can’t disprove it is arguing in bad faith by trying to discredit the poster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

May end up being a totally rational decision but not sure why you need to announce this in April. A lot of these government and state officials are trying too hard to be heroic for my liking. Just keep an eye on the data and implement policies that apply for the near future. Too much uncertainty with this to do otherwise. No need to make sweeping long-term cancellations for 8 months from now unless you just want to make a headline.

Also, this doesn't necessarily preclude baseball teams playing in an empty Dodger Stadium which seems like the only way any sports are going to be played anyway, if at all.

I mean it specifically says no sporting events. Not no sporting events with fans in attendance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, daynlokki said:

I mean it specifically says no sporting events. Not no sporting events with fans in attendance. 

"Mayor Garcetti said unless there is a vaccine, there won’t be mass gatherings until next year."

I assume the term mass gatherings means no fans but it's possible he considers a baseball game with no fans still a mass gathering. I assume he will be asked to clarify this at some point.

Also, everyone is different but I consider the sweeping cancellation of these events 8+ months into the future more of a morale killer than just simply not saying anything (and therefore still having some hope) but that's just me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Peaceful protest while practicing social distancing ( staying in their cars for the most part ). That's America

 

Staying in their cars? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

I didn’t make something up. My state governor literally just said it live in air a few days ago. Sorry I can’t find a transcript of one singular press conference out of the hundreds they have done for this. Washington is an agricultural state. Of course what we deem essential is different than what Michigan does. Tryin to call something a lie just because you can’t disprove it is arguing in bad faith by trying to discredit the poster. 

Washington is 24th in the country at 36% farmland. 
Michigan is 33rd in the country at 28%. 
 

But, that was NEVER the topic. And don’t twist this. It’s not that I can’t disprove something. You claimed something you have no proof of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 89Topps said:

 

Staying in their cars? 

Yeah it was a gridlock protest in traffic...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 89Topps said:

 

Staying in their cars? 

Yeah, they didn’t stay in their cars. And lol at this guy 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, daynlokki said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/home/an-onslaught-of-orders-engulfs-seed-companies-amid-coronavirus-fears/2020/03/27/5a19ccca-6ec7-11ea-aa80-c2470c6b2034_story.html

Weird there are no shortages when here, every single place that sells seeds is completely sold out.  That would mean a shortage, correct?

 

My wife literally bought seeds yesterday.

Edited by 89Topps
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.