bluefrogguy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

16 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Where and proof?

Hazard pay for whom? Military? Fire? Police? Healthcare? Truck Drivers? Food workers? Mcdonalds? Gas Stations? Post Office? etc...

I believe he works in health care. So primary source?  I've also heard hearsay about hospitals cutting hours in a lot of areas right now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jonninho said:

That article did not really say much to me. It appears they are more concerned with the stock price than anything else..

Like another poster noted.. lets wait for the results, because the article itself sounded like it was intentionally trying to be super negative about the whole ordeal

The fact I got from it was that it was a small sample and tested people on people that were likely to recover anyways. Maybe it will help the people with the more critical symptoms but we don’t have a clue. Day traders probably had a field day. 

3 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

I believe he works in health care. So primary source?  I've also heard hearsay about hospitals cutting hours in a lot of areas right now.

But that was only for selective surgeries correct? I read that they make the most money on surgeries

Posted (edited)

so beaches and parks are re-opening in Jacksonville, FLA... for physical activity only.. no sun bathing, towels, coolers, etc will be permitted. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Let's keep this focused on COVID, not which states you think are stupid.

20 hours ago, jonninho said:

so beaches and parks are re-opening in Jacksonville, FLA... for physical activity only.. no sun bathing, towels, coolers, etc will be permitted. [...]

Can you elaborate why this is such a problem?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jonninho said:

Unless i am not understanding this correctly, the trials have been running with more than 125 people and the results were supposed to be received yesterday, so its expected the official results will be shared in the coming days, which is also why Dr.Mullane was not willing to discuss the topic as official results were not yet had.

"Trials of the drug are ongoing at dozens of other clinical centers, as well. Gilead is sponsoring tests of the drug in 2,400 patients with severe Covid-19 symptoms in 152 trial sites around the world. It's also testing the drug in 1,600 patients with moderate symptoms at 169 hospitals and clinics around the world."

Yes but the only data so far is from 125 people. 

4 hours ago, 89Topps said:

Because Arizona has enough MLB ready parks to host 30 teams.

And isn’t testing their current populace?

4 hours ago, FouLLine said:

A more accurate way to get a picture of what is going on is look at the deaths per 1 million.  Arizona is one of the lowest in the country.  Testing is a lot less definitive data than deaths are.  In terms of deaths per million Arizona is at 24 compared to the nation's average at 107 so basically 4.5 times lower.  

Also I am sure a part of the agreement of doing this would be that the MLB and MLB owners pony up some money to make testing more readily available in the area that they are playing games.  As testing in every state needs to be better.

While retirement communities are of concern it basically comes down to if you social distance and wash your hands you have drastically reduced your already low chances of catching covid19.  I see little to no reason for senior citizens to be lined up outside the ballparks and hotels trying to get within 6 feet of the players.  

If you don’t test every death isn’t a covid death. Without those positive tests their death numbers can be skewed. A lot. It’s not just money for testing. Testing nationwide was down 30% last week. They don’t HAVE the tests. So MLB players are currently going to take tests from everyday people so they can play a sport? Arizona has 24 deaths per million but also have only done 7,087 tests per million in population. What is that like 7 tests per every 1,000 people with a false negative rate of 30-50%? Doesn’t seem like they are testing much, if at all. 

1 hour ago, TedStriker said:

Ron DeSantis 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TedStriker said:

Is this a serious question? How about you elaborate on why it isnt a problem... *smacks head against wall*

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, jonninho said:

Is this a serious question? How about you elaborate on why it isnt a problem... *smacks head against wall*

I asked you first. Actually, if you are worried about people running outside then I don't know what to tell you. Just never leave your house again....

Edited by TedStriker
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

God damn Florida, America is already fu<ked and they decide to re open the beaches I can’t believe it. 

Baseball is definitely cancelled this year 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Because a news report today showed a lot of people at that beach not getting 6 feet apart which they are suppose to still do.  Relax the leash and for every responsible person that uses the beach with mask and proper distancing there are 10 bozos who think they can go back to "normal" there starting the whole damn cycle over again.  What is keeping the rest of us in our houses and apartments are morons like this who keep re-starting and giving new life to the virus.  They are the stupid fools that will keep us inside for the rest of the year at the rate things are going with a handful of dingbat hick governors unleashing these said idiots onto our beaches and streets.

LIBERATE COMMON SENSE.

Sorry, had to.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Simsanityy179 said:

God damn Florida, America is already fu<ked and they decide to re open the beaches I can’t believe it. 

Baseball is definitely cancelled this year 

I dont even know what to say.. Honestly.. i have been all about Mid-May baseball.. and truthfully.. i really believed that was a possibility given the restrictions that were in place and believed if followed, they would have sped up the recovery process so significantly..

But now i see this.. and i have no words anymore.. This was like the worst thing that could happen if North America had any intention of getting back to normal..

• Like 6

Seeing the pictures of the people on the beach with no masks all crowded together reminds me of that scene in Chernobyl when the people on the bridge are getting dusted with radioactive particles and oohing and ahhing.

Except the Floridans have all been told about what's happening.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Seeing the pictures of the people on the beach with no masks all crowded together reminds me of that scene in Chernobyl when the people on the bridge are getting dusted with radioactive particles and oohing and ahhing.

Except the Floridans have all been told about what's happening.

Right? and then we got people asking 'whats wrong with that'? God help us all.. humans are a danger to this planet.. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jonninho said:

Right? and then we got people asking 'whats wrong with that'? God help us all.. humans are a danger to this planet.. 

You think it’s a coincidence that in all those movies where computers get a task to “save the world,” their first and immediate reaction is to plan some mass extinction event? Lol 

• Haha 1

[ Post removed.  There are a lot more productive places the discussion can go than "which states / cities suck". ]

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see the results as more of these antibody test studies come out, like the one that Stanford did, and the one MLB is participating in. If it's shown that the infection rate is much more widespread, then it's more reason to start relaxing certain aspects of these stay at home orders (in stages) as the CFR will be much lower than the initial estimates. Hopefully some of the treatments like remdesivir will continue to decrease that even more. The idea was to not overwhelm the healthcare system, which has been accomplished to this point. As for certain governors, they will ultimately have to answer for the results of their strategies for their individual states. We'll see which strategies end up working out, but it was never realistic to keep these orders in place long term. There are people fighting to survive and feed their families, and you can't just continue to keep everything shut down because some dumb people aren't following social distancing rules. Dumb people aren't going away. Just head to any Walmart in existence for proof of that. 

P.S. There obviously isn't a lot of agreement about anything in this country these days, but once we are through this thing hopefully everyone can agree on one thing: China needs to be held accountable, and we need as much of our supply chain as possible (medical in particular) the hell out of that country. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

P.S. There obviously isn't a lot of agreement about anything in this country these days, but once we are through this thing hopefully everyone can agree on one thing: China needs to be held accountable, and we need as much of our supply chain as possible (medical in particular) the hell out of that country. 

We owe China over a trillion dollars. This could get interesting if we try and hold them accountable.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

We owe China over a trillion dollars. This could get interesting if we try and hold them accountable.

I think all debts are settled after this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

There's a lot of money invested in lobbying congress to facilitate American corporations exploitation of the Chinese workforce.  But ultimately this has been needed for our country for a good 25+ years.

3 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I think all debts are settled after this.

That would be nice if we could just say hey China we are square now for your covid-19 outbreak.

The real answer is the have the government print the money and all the profits made off of interest go into social programs.  If this was the case instead of allowing the Federal Reserve (aka a private company that has no elected officials) there wouldn't be a national debt (see how China does things) but instead there would be a national surplus that could be put towards social programs.

1 minute ago, FouLLine said:

There's a lot of money invested in lobbying congress to facilitate American corporations exploitation of the Chinese workforce.  But ultimately this has been needed for our country for a good 25+ years.

Yes theres a reason so much of the American supply chain originates in China. 

I actually cannot deal with Florida and Texas opening up right now.  Seems like a slap in the face 

• Like 2