bluefrogguy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

36 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

i legit have no hobbies except baseball.  i mean i lift weights about 3-4 times a week but now im wondering if i should even go to the gym and touch the weights

cant wait for Rotoworld Mock 17: Corona Madness

@tonycpsu Mock #5?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

If your not like 45 or up or have health issues, dont change your daily life, youll be fine, if your a cautious person do what you gotta do tho

Not recommended. Maybe you will be safe but you don't know about the people around you.

• Like 1

My live auction draft is now in jeopardy.

GIF-Nope-No-way-Nah-no-scream-Will-Ferre

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

My live auction draft is now in jeopardy.

GIF-Nope-No-way-Nah-no-scream-Will-Ferre

BAAAAAXTEEEEEERRRRRRRR

• Haha 2

The MLB season is temporarily starting on April 9th according to my friend at the MLB Network.

• Haha 1

Just now, jfazz23 said:

BAAAAAXTEEEEEERRRRRRRR

You pooped in the refrigerator???

• Haha 1

Curious if the major fantasy platforms allow drafts in April when this is officially announced?

4 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

The MLB season is temporarily starting on April 9th according to my friend at the MLB Network.

I told you not to tell anyone, how dare you.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 4:27 PM, StevieStats said:

The hysteria over this is ridiculous. 

Every year its the end of the world... Y2K, mad cow, swine flu, bird flu, sars, mers, end of Mayan calendar, last year's mosquitos... Or this January when the media hyped up WW3...

The flu kills 291,000 - 646,000 people worldwide every single year. 3,000 have died from Coronavirus so far. We'll be fine.

Coronavirus is not a real threat. The media hysterics and driving people to a panic is the damage being done. 

This should not impact MLB games... Unless the league caves to hysterics.

What should we do? I'd start by refinancing your house at these rates. If you have money to invest time to buy stocks that tumbled without any reason other than hurd mentality.

As for fantasy baseball... Zero impact and I'm not making a single adjustment to any player values or my strategy because of it.

Well this didn't age well

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 6Kill said:

Well this didn't age well

hes not wrong tho.  we still dont know the kill rate.  the flu has killed 20k in America already.  Corona like 20... we wont know until june when the weather warms up 

• Like 2

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't on my mind for my flight to Boston next weekend for my draft but honestly I'm not really worried. I've got hand sanitzer and wipes and I wash my hands regularly especially when I fly so I'm good. Now if someone sneeze on me I'm punching them in the face haha

• Like 1

How’s everyone dealing with this as far as their drafts go? Mine is scheduled for next Wednesday, it’s an online thing but we have 18 owners and this date was agreed upon a month ago. If we push it back there may be an owner or two who can’t make the new date which would be unfortunate and put them at a disadvantage. If we do it now besides the fact guys won’t have a grip on spring training It just feels like it will be a little uninspired considering we don’t know when opening day will be pushed back until. 

Do they play at all this year?  What's your guesses?  I guess they start 2 months late or not at all.

1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

i legit have no hobbies except baseball.  i mean i lift weights about 3-4 times a week but now im wondering if i should even go to the gym and touch the weights

cant wait for Rotoworld Mock 17: Corona Madness

The gyms will eventually be closed so you won't have to make that decision yourself. 

I'm hoping everyone is still paranoid when they start the season, buy the cheapest tickets in the stadium, the ones block by a concrete pillar or something and then move down to the rich seats....

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Do they play at all this year?  What's your guesses?  I guess they start 2 months late or not at all.

Just a guess but I think we'll see games start in May. ~120-130 game season.

36 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

^legit

37 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

My source was correct. The only thing is that I see no chance this happens. The situation is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. This is the temporary start date but I'd assume they will constantly be reassessing and within a few weeks this will probably be shifted.

• Like 2

I see no harm in trying in 2 week increments. Makes no sense to say "June 1!" or something right now. See how it plays out and adjust accordingly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Just a guess but I think we'll see games start in May. ~120-130 game season.

What I have read tends to see a peak in the US in late May or early June, so everything has got to be shut down until at least July IMO. We'll be lucky to get 100 games.

Posted (edited)

The Rotoworld blurb on same:

Joel Sherman of the New York Post confirms that Major League Baseball is expected to suspend spring training beginning Friday due to growing coronavirus concerns.

The writing has been on the wall since Wednesday night, when the NBA suspended operations following Rudy Gobert's positive coronavirus diagnosis. Major League Soccer and multiple NCAA conferences followed with similar announcements on Thursday morning, and now the NHL has officially put its season on pause. There's little hope that the MLB regular season will begin on time, given that Opening Day is just two weeks away. Look for more details soon, following a planned afternoon conference call with all 30 teams.

Source: Joel Sherman on Twitter                      Mar 12, 2020, 1:23 PM ET

There you go.

Also:

1 hour ago, Wholeeoh said:

I would have signed a waiver for absolutely no lawsuits to watch the games in person (and I'm not the only one) but whatever, no use crying about it now!

You do know it is NOT all about YOU YOU YOU.  You get infected and there is a week to two week incubation period where you could show no signs at all but still be contagious to others.  In that time frame you could give the virus to 10's if not 100's of other human beings.  That is HOW epidemics work you know.  People other than relatives or health care workers usually don't catch it AFTER you show signs and are isolated. They catch it BEFORE thus the huge spread of the disease.

I don't think there is a waiver you can sign with the universe for the bad bad karma you create infecting innumerable people.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 2