bluefrogguy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

16 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Speaking of which, anyone heard from @jfazz23 lately?  We were supposed to get some secret inside info from his "sources" that were "doctors and scientists" who had great news about hydroxychloroquine.

Drug promoted by Trump as coronavirus ‘game changer’ increasingly linked to deaths

Not sure, but I liked him as a baseball poster and hope he comes back when the season starts.

• Like 3

There are different supplements though...I would recommend people take food-based vitamins and try them out. Common sense therapy says that our body is designed to extract vitamins and minerals from food which could be why synthetic vitamins are not as effective. I know when I took vitamin c absorbic acid it just changed the color of my urine to neon. I can take vitamin c from areola cherry and appears to stay in my system. Everybody is different so whatever works for you although I highly recommend switching.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

The source was quoted as saying ""We probably should be supplementing with to decrease our risk overall," said Cardillo.", whereas the studies don't show that.  Read the Medium piece, which explains why in great detail.

Responsible coverage would note the link between deficiency, explain that there are many confounding variables, and suggest further study is needed before determining whether there's a benefit.

I read the first few paragraphs of the Medium article. No study claimed vitamin D is a "silver bullet" so I'm not sure who's he's debating with. Below is what the doctor of the Ireland study said.  I don't know what more you want. It doesn't surprise me that some doctors may recommend supplementing.  Like you said, it can't hurt and some people are probably deficient and don't know it.

Dr. Eamon Laird added:

“Here we see observational evidence of a link of vitamin D with mortality. Optimizing vitamin D intake to public health guidelines will certainly have benefits for overall health and support immune function. Research like this is still exploratory and we need further trials to have concrete evidence on the level of vitamin D that is needed for optimal immune function. However, studies like this also remind us how low our vitamin D status is in the population (even in sunny countries) and adds further weight to some sort of mandatory vitamin D fortification policy. If the Nordic countries are allowed to do this, there is no reason Ireland, the UK or rest of Europe can’t either.”

• Like 1

Super spreaders.....

If we can figure out how to identify that 9% group,  we could make some serious progress in stopping the spread.

47 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Super spreaders.....

If we can figure out how to identify that 9% group,  we could make some serious progress in stopping the spread.

People that spit when they talk? 

2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

People that spit when they talk? 

Why would they have to spit? This is spread just by talking. 

17 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

Why would they have to spit? This is spread just by talking. 

Maybe there is a smaller concentration with normal talking

We just completed over 730,000 covid tests today...soon we will be testing a million per day. Never bet against America

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Maybe there is a smaller concentration with normal talking

We just completed over 730,000 covid tests today...soon we will be testing a million per day. Never bet against America

Lmao, there are less than 12m total tests.  Citation showing 730k tests being done in a day.

• Like 1

You would need to talk face to face for around 5 minutes in order to spread the virus to someone.  

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

You would need to talk face to face for around 5 minutes in order to spread the virus to someone.  

Definitely other ways: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/covid-19-superspreader-singing.html

Also, it’s technically possible for someone to get sick from your FIRST breath on then if you are currently contagious. This have to be face to face for five minutes is fantasy. 

Edited by daynlokki
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, daynlokki said:

Lmao, there are less than 12m total tests.  Citation showing 730k tests being done in a day.

Coronavirus worldmeter started at 11,090,000 and ended at 11,949,000

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

So you have no way of actually proving that since they no longer show it correct? You are also saying they did like 850k tests and only had 23,488 positives? No way man. 

Edited by daynlokki

5 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Yes but singing and talking are different.

Did you read the actual link? They determined it was probably spread to everyone predominantly during a 15 min break and the time it took to put chairs away. Think about 50 people got sick overall. 

11 hours ago, daynlokki said:

Just an anecdote, but my wife was told Friday she may have been exposed, called for a test Friday, and is scheduled for the test Monday. I've been hearing testing is improving but was still kind of shocked how easy it was. This is Ohio fwiw.

6 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Just an anecdote, but my wife was told Friday she may have been exposed, called for a test Friday, and is scheduled for the test Monday. I've been hearing testing is improving but was still kind of shocked how easy it was. This is Ohio fwiw.

We’ve been testing barely 300k per day. An over 200% increase isn’t realistic. 

11 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

What sources do you have for your testing numbers?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

Probably not that high but definitely improving. Ohio is apparently testing 10k a day, up from 2k in April.

1 hour ago, daynlokki said:

200% increase is a 3x.  So that would put it over 900k a day.  But even that once the right things are in place are well within reason.  

3 hours ago, daynlokki said:

So you have no way of actually proving that since they no longer show it correct? You are also saying they did like 850k tests and only had 23,488 positives? No way man. 

Positive tests are not exactly from any one specific day and ever so rarely does the new case number include people who were tested in that same day.  The majority of tests take over 24 hours to get the results.  If that facility is backed up or understaffed it can take days.

Weekend cases and deaths are almost always down because less people are working on weekends so less people to gather, sort, and report the data.  So take Sat and especially Sunday numbers with a grain of salt.

14 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

They did a stat correction so it ended up being 11,525,000 so a little over 400,000K tests. Stattracker was wrong as it usually is across all platforms

Where is Yahoo FB Stat tracker when you need it?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Rotocious said:

200% increase is a 3x.  So that would put it over 900k a day.  But even that once the right things are in place are well within reason.  

Positive tests are not exactly from any one specific day and ever so rarely does the new case number include people who were tested in that same day.  The majority of tests take over 24 hours to get the results.  If that facility is backed up or understaffed it can take days.

Weekend cases and deaths are almost always down because less people are working on weekends so less people to gather, sort, and report the data.  So take Sat and especially Sunday numbers with a grain of salt.

His post showed a 859k increase. Think 200% is warranted lol. He also said they changed it to around 400k which is in line with around where the US is testing daily. I was right to call him out on that 859k number he typed out. False information. 

Edited by daynlokki

10 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

What sources do you have for your testing numbers?

The guy who posted a 859k increase has now said it was more like 400k. My source is google. Literally type in daily test numbers. It’ll pull up. 

1 minute ago, daynlokki said:

The guy who posted a 859k increase has now said it was more like 400k. My source is google. Literally type in daily test numbers. It’ll pull up. 

So all sources on Google give the same numbers?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

So all sources on Google give the same numbers?

Well, if you followed you would know all start and stop at a different time in the day.  You can go to worldometers and see the 307k for today and their days end in about 40 min.  He cited the same source supposedly showing a 859k daily test increase, when our LARGEST day to date that I have seen was around 380k.  He has now revised his numbers.

But yes, essentially every single citation would show under 400k tests per day being done in the US.  

Edited by daynlokki
  • Thanks 1